New Laws

sage

45 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

A little harsh but I'll second it if it includes those that vape. People that vape are more anti-social than smokers.

First time I went past a car of someone who was vaping, (a few years ago now), I thought the airbag had gone off!

My new law:

Any taxi driver that needs a satnav to get to Manchester Airport should be castrated.

58 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Anyone wearing gloves whilst driving - 6 months

Anyone wearing a mask whilst driving alone - Life

Anyone driving in the middle lane - 10 years

Half n half scarves over 10 years old- Castration

Too harsh?

Luckily my half n half scarf is only 9 years old. I'll throw it away now in case I forget later.

20 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

My new law:

Any taxi driver that needs a satnav to get to Manchester Airport should be castrated.

So sorry to hear you missed your flight, Buddy.  Shame it took them 3 hours to clear up all that debris up ahead of you, before getting one of the lanes re-opened.

So glad my taxi driver used his live traffic sat nav, that diverted him straight to the airport, well away from said carnage.

Hasta luegoooooooooooooooo... sucker!   ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So sorry to hear you missed your flight, Buddy.  Shame it took them 3 hours to clear up all that debris up ahead of you, before getting one of the lanes re-opened.

So glad my taxi driver used his live traffic sat nav, that diverted him straight to the airport, well away from said carnage.

Hasta luegoooooooooooooooo... sucker!   ?

WTF are you on about?

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

WTF are you on about?

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Will update en-route, and divert you if the preferred route is blocked and/or heavy enough to delay you.

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Constantly updating to take you the fastest route possible, at any given time.

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Not perfect by any means... But better than "Don't worry, Guvnor, I know the way like the back of my hand...".

Sat Navs... More than just a map, nowadays!  

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

WTF are you on about?

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Will update en-route, and divert you if the preferred route is blocked and/or heavy enough to delay you.

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Constantly updating to take you the fastest route possible, at any given time.

Sat Navs... Live Traffic... Not perfect by any means... But better than "Don't worry, Guvnor, I know the way like the back of my hand...".

I drove to the same workplace for six years but used Waze daily cos it knew if the M1 was closed! I knew the way! In fact, I knew a variety of ways! 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm talking about a 35 minute journey at 3.00 a.m. when the only other traffic is either the milkman or a burglar.

Their inability to be to give you a receipt that doesn't look like a dog-chewn fag packet also pisses me off.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

I'm talking about a 35 minute journey at 3.00 a.m. when the only other traffic is either the milkman or a burglar.

“Any taxi driver that needs a satnav to get to Manchester Airport…”

Oh yeah. I can see it now.  How I missed the clues in the first post, I’ll never know!

Feel a bit daft now!  ?

On 14/08/2021 at 13:36, Mostyn6 said:

I’d ban the use of chemicals in the brewing of lager and ensure all lagers/beers are brewed naturally

You're lucky my lad isn't on this forum. He's a brewer and whenever I say that a beer tastes of chemicals, he smugly points out that water is a chemical - it has a chemical formula of H20 etc etc

So we have to clarify "synthetic chemicals" - and then give him a dead arm for being annoying ?

23 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Anyone wearing gloves whilst driving - 6 months

Anyone wearing a mask whilst driving alone - Life

Anyone driving in the middle lane - 10 years

Half n half scarves over 10 years old- Castration

Too harsh?

Life for the driver wearing a mask is a bit harsh, especially as the people who did the bank robbery will only get 10 years reduced to 5 with good behaviour.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Life for the driver wearing a mask is a bit harsh, especially as the people who did the bank robbery will only get 10 years reduced to 5 with good behaviour.

The guys doing the robbery are entrepreneurs, it’s the way forward.