Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just read this crap on the Forest website regards next years season tickets:-

"Announcing details, the club said: “The City Ground has been packed with sell-out crowds in recent weeks, generating an electric atmosphere as the likes of Arsenal, Leicester City and Derby County have been put to the sword.

The season card renewal prices will remain valid whichever division the Reds find themselves in next term, as they push for a place in the Premier League in their final games of 2021/22. "

Good to see that they classify us in the same bracket as Arsenal and Leicester. 

Good to see as well that they are not getting beyond themselves.

Still under a fiver a game for anyone under pension age then.  I don't want to be considered in the same bracket as Leicester, my standards are higher.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

Taken from Twitter. Would have just posted a link to the tweet but it contained swearing and I’ve got to be on my best behaviour these days.

“Since old Quasimodo took charge down the road those lot have had a massive bout of collective amnesia about how poo their support has been compared to ours for the last 25 years. Here’s a quick table to use to jog their memories #dcfcfans #SaveDerbyCounty”

C0653784-7E31-41E7-93B8-93C00FA5AC5D.thumb.jpeg.baa06a634f9e87146c4575caebad7a3b.jpeg

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Taken from Twitter. Would have just posted a link to the tweet but it contained swearing and I’ve got to be on my best behaviour these days.

“Since old Quasimodo took charge down the road those lot have had a massive bout of collective amnesia about how poo their support has been compared to ours for the last 25 years. Here’s a quick table to use to jog their memories #dcfcfans #SaveDerbyCounty”

C0653784-7E31-41E7-93B8-93C00FA5AC5D.thumb.jpeg.baa06a634f9e87146c4575caebad7a3b.jpeg

An average of just over 23% higher over the 23 years of the table.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fixed that for you. 

Assuming Mason Bennett isn’t a popular character on here tonight? 

I'll see your Mason Bennett, who clearly has a brain created from the bits Dr Frankenstein didn't think were of high enough quality to pop in his monster and raise you a Scott Malone, who in an alternate universe is sat in a park shouting at people, drinking meths and making himself his own tattoos with a compass.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60483819

On the night of 29 February 2012, a bomb exploded in a bakery in the south of Greece, blowing out the shop windows and destroying part of the store. 

Luckily the bakery was empty and no-one was injured. But the owner, Petros Konstantineas, was in no doubt he was the target of the attack. 

Konstantineas was a Greek referee in the country's top flight. When he wasn't on the pitch he could be found at his bakery - a family business in his hometown of Kalamata, on the Peloponnese peninsula. He enjoyed the work. It was a way to separate himself from the violent world of Greek football. But that world caught up with him. 

The bomb had been placed in his oven. Konstantineas believes he knows who was responsible. A few days before he was to referee a league game between Xanthi and Olympiakos, two people came to see him. 

"They insisted that Olympiakos had to win the game, and they threatened me," he says. "But I have never been part of that system. I cannot be bought." 

Police investigated but there were no arrests made after the explosion. Nobody has been convicted for the attack.

The last big case came to light in 2015, spearheaded by prosecutor Aristidis Korreas. His 173-page report detailed the alleged activity of dozens of major protagonists who faced charges of "initiating, participating in and directing a criminal organisation, fraud, attempted criminal extortion and corruption".

Korreas investigated many of the most senior and important figures in Greek football, using telephone tapping in tandem with the Greek intelligence services to gather evidence. He believed he had unveiled a powerful conspiracy that sought to control results through the actions of corrupt referees. 

Six years later in January 2021, 28 key figures, including the Olympiakos and Nottingham Forest president Evangelos Marinakis, several referees, and several members of the Greek FA were acquitted of all charges.

No one grassed the Krays up either. One day it'll come out.

From WIKI...

Greek drug trafficking investigation that started in 2014, regarding ‘Noor 1’, a ship owned by Pantelis Kalafatis, was investigated by the Greek Coast Guard, the DEA and the Greek judicial authorities and culminated in the conviction of various individuals and two arrest warrants for Turkish nationals.[113][114]

In March 2018, Marinakis was charged with drug trafficking.[115] The accusations against Marinakis were described as "very serious charges" following an investigation after the tanker Noor 1 was intercepted at the Greek port of Piraeus carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin in 2014.[116] According to the jailed co-owner of Noor 1, Efthymios Yiannousakis, the vessel had in fact carried an additional ton of heroin (worth $70 million) which was unloaded on the island of Crete and trafficked to mainland Europe before Greek authorities managed to intercept the rest of the cargo. Yiannousakis further claimed that the heroin unloaded in Crete belonged to Marinakis.[117] The judicial council of the Piraeus Lower Court touched on all related issues and ruled that the prosecutor's order was not justified.[118]

Nottingham Forest F.C. chairman Nicholas Randall wrote an open letter to supporters reaffirming his support for Evangelos Marinakis. Randall confirmed the matter was under investigation but that "there is no ‘charge’ against Marinakis and no ‘prosecution’ is in process."[119]

In January 2021 and after 10 witnesses of the case have already died, and after reviewing the case, the judge came to the conclusion that there was no evidence implicating Marinakis, and therefore concluded his investigation.

And the gumps think Derby have pushed the boundaries of the law...........Morris has been accused of breaking the EFL rules on P&L spending. The Forest owner has been accused of "initiating, participating in and directing a criminal organisation, fraud, attempted criminal extortion and corruption" as well as, "very serious charges" pertaining to "carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin".

Neither have yet been found guilty.

On 06/02/2022 at 10:29, Red_Dawn said:

Just appears to be bluster to me. If he actually wanted to make demonstrable difference, he should give the stadium back to the club -which along with the HMRC debt - appears to be the main obstacles stopping you getting taken over. 

Seems the HMRC debt and stadium were the main points of contention all along. 

Amazed how these administrators have managed to string this along for so long, and appear at least, to have achieved absolutely nothing. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Amazed how these administrators have managed to string this along for so long, and appear at least, to have achieved absolutely nothing. 

It's not ideal. Perhaps even I'd go so far as sub-optimal.

But, on the plus side, we're still giving it a good go.

On 01/03/2022 at 07:39, Red_Dawn said:

How have you reached that conclusion?

As soon as the boro and wycombe issues were resolved we've had multiple final bids been submitted. 

7 hours ago, GenBr said:

How have you reached that conclusion?

As soon as the boro and wycombe issues were resolved we've had multiple final bids been submitted. 

Really? Because it’s seems if you had multiple bids then Quantuma might have something more for the EFL than a bag of excuses. 

Whatever happens the lack of communication is absolutely disgraceful. You fans, the EFL, your creditors all deserve to know what’s happening. 

Edited by Red_Dawn