Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

You lads get the record for yourselves if you don't go up this year. We were sharing the record for longest continuous run in the championship, but as you can see we've finally managed to escape from said league ?

Do you have any hints, tips, like a guide book you can give us from your time in League 1? Best away days? I’m guessing top of the list would be to avoid Yeovil at all costs. 

We’ll be sure to return the favour and give you directions to Wembley should you get that far. And a partially used hanky to dry your eyes when you fail to get promoted.

Funny how we’re both in unfamiliar territory. We are living in strange times.

I was in Athens last week and saw the Olympicanos ground. Couldn't remember if it was that club that the Forest owner also owned, so look it up. Ended up reading about his dodgy past. Jeez, I knew there were rumours of a shady background, but he basically sounds like a mafia boss. If Forest do go up, perhaps he might eventually get some media attention. Look at the abuse someone like Mike Ashley gets for being obnoxious and not a particularly likeable business owner.

If they do go up, there is also something very worrying about giving this guy a few 100 million in Premier League riches. What does this sort of character do with this fortune? 

He makes Mel's crimes of overspending on Anya, Blackman and Butterfield seem like relatively minor crimes.

If, like me, you don't know much about him, take a look here and read the Controversies section. Fit and proper!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was in Athens last week and saw the Olympicanos ground. Couldn't remember if it was that club that the Forest owner also owned, so look it up. Ended up reading about his dodgy past. Jeez, I knew there were rumours of a shady background, but he basically sounds like a mafia boss. If Forest do go up, perhaps he might eventually get some media attention. Look at the abuse someone like Mike Ashley gets for being obnoxious and not a particularly likeable business owner.

If they do go up, there is also something very worrying about giving this guy a few 100 million in Premier League riches. What does this sort of character do with this fortune? 

He makes Mel's crimes of overspending on Anya, Blackman and Butterfield seem like relatively minor crimes.

If, like me, you don't know much about him, take a look here and read the Controversies section. Fit and proper!

Wishful thinking. No one seemed to have a problem with where Abramovic got his money from, until it suited them. 

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

World was a different place then, likewise the scrutiny of Newcastle's takeover vs City a few years back.

The football league doesn't care about the alleged past of their clubs owners and the Premier League definitely won't. 

Maranakis passed the fit and proper persons test with flying colours so not sure why anyone is going to start making a fuss now.

Unless Greece starts getting sanctioned for some reason Maranakis aint going anywhere

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Where do you stop when you start looking into someones (some business) past before judging them 'fit and proper'. 
Like has been mentioned, no one was bothered about when Chelsea was getting their money from until a white country (I say white man because some who are now outraged were fine when it was us bombing the **** out of middle eastern counties) started getting bombed. 

Do you spend your money at Shell - well there there are questions over their role and killings in the Niger Delta (Nigeria), clothing brands - sweatshops....your Apple phone (children mining gold & forced labour in China). I know this isn't something that you brought up, but more feeding into my wider point that it is not just a football world problem Western culture picks and chooses what it deems to be outraged at depending on which way the political wind is blowing. 

We have just got rid of a dodgy owner, no he doesnt contain a fraction of the dodginess as our chums down the A52. We can highlight this, but we're okay to look past other areas outside the footballing world when other dodgy things are carries out. 

I'm rambling and I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Haha. I just think the acceptance of ignoring things that aren't right runs throughout society, just people seem to be more bothered about it within football. hm. 

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Google Marinakis Vampire ship. Makes a long but interesting read 

16 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Drugs , very interesting with the noise that follows your owner. £200 million in debt according to Maguire. If you don’t go up Notts Forest are on deep do do. 

You lot have literally been saying this for years.. and the 200m you quote from Maguire are not debts. They’re losses over the past 10 years. By Maguire's own admission our losses are average by comparison with other championship clubs.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/football-finance-expert-kieran-maguires-5132226.amp

There’s no evidence to suggest we’re in financial trouble, and let’s be honest, if we don’t go up, the Johnson sale will likely offset most of the costs we have. 

Does shifting over to some fantasy about Forest going under make you feel better about your own dire circumstances?

It’s really interesting to watch the stages of grief. I thought you might have moved past lashing out to acceptance by now. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

37 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You lot have literally been saying this for years.. and the 200m you quote from Maguire are not debts. They’re losses over the past 10 years. By Maguire's own admission our losses are average by comparison with other championship clubs.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/football-finance-expert-kieran-maguires-5132226.amp

There’s no evidence to suggest we’re in financial trouble, and let’s be honest, if we don’t go up, the Johnson sale will likely offset most of the costs we have. 

Does shifting over to some fantasy about Forest going under make you feel better about your own dire circumstances?

It’s really interesting to watch the stages of grief. I thought you might have moved past lashing out to acceptance by now. 

Still cannot believe that you lot are prepared to shut your eyes , stick your fingers in your ears and shout lala lala about your owner when it's obvious to all that there is something very dodgy about him . As a Greek commentator said if it's all a conspiracy and nothing to see why are witnesses being shot and intimidated ?  So much out there in the internet, that will be your problem and his in the future if the political landscape changes  so let's see what happens when it arrives. Enjoy your first decent season in 20 hope it doesn't go all Yeovil for you.

Not lashing out just pointing out that whilst its your turn to take the pee your garden might not be that rosy after all. 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Still cannot believe that you lot are prepared to shut your eyes , stick your fingers in your ears and shout lala lala about your owner when it's obvious to all that there is something very dodgy about him . As a Greek commentator said if it's all a conspiracy and nothing to see why are witnesses being shot and intimidated ?  So much out there in the internet, that will be your problem and his in the future if the political landscape  so let's see what happens when it arrives. Enjoy your first decent season in 20 hope it doesn't go all Yeovil for you.

They may have to navigate the 3 point and 6 goal advantage in the last game first.  Always dangerous waters.  

42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

An interesting set of accounts from over 2 years ago pre covid and the huge investment in Freeman, McKenna, Surridge, Arter, Blackett etc Taylors and Cooks wage, 20 loan fees, Colbacks 40k wages etc you've added since. 

57 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

A post that could almost have been written by a Derby fan c. 2019