Goals & Assists

DesertRam

6 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Is there usually a bonus paid for getting an assist and a goal at league clubs?

I have no idea, so this question may sound ridiculous, or be illegal!

I’m fairly certain that goals and assists are some of the most simple extras…they can get as ridiculous as an ‘unused substitute’ bonus but I’d imagine that’s limited to the big boys as a way to make sure they play if fit. 

18 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’m fairly certain that goals and assists are some of the most simple extras…they can get as ridiculous as an ‘unused substitute’ bonus but I’d imagine that’s limited to the big boys as a way to make sure they play if fit. 

So not Byrne or Joz then?

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Goal and assist bonuses couldn’t have cost us much money last season 

Perhaps we need a whole system of performance related pay in addition to the usual goals, clean sheets and assists .. covering attendance, spend per fan, distance run, passes completed, average speed whilst running during the 90 minutes, kit laundry bills, damage to shin pads, woodwork hit (and concurrent volume of OOOOOO’s sparked from the crowd. Corners avoided, free kicks won … anyone else got any suggestions ? 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Perhaps we need a whole system of performance related pay in addition to the usual goals, clean sheets and assists .. covering attendance, spend per fan, distance run, passes completed, average speed whilst running during the 90 minutes, kit laundry bills, damage to shin pads, woodwork hit (and concurrent volume of OOOOOO’s sparked from the crowd. Corners avoided, free kicks won … anyone else got any suggestions ? 

Number of times saliva discharged on the pitch during a game, number of expletives uttered (including profanities), number of times ball has been crossed from wings without going directly out of play either for throw in or goalkick, amount of time writhing around on the floor after a dubious tackle.