A goal-scorer away from a good team?

RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your point is what? That game was to get him scoring goals again.

I would think playing a striker in a game is that they can score goals. I was'nt making a point, I just was'nt aware he was injured. He played the full 90 mins in the match against Blackburn, so possibly took a knock or got injured in training after that match. Lets hope he can make a recovery so Wayne does have other options before any others get injured in the striking positions.

Had Radio Derby commentary on instead of sky today while watching and was really interesting listening to Bobby Davison's comments on positioning playing as a lone striker.  So perhaps just trying to listen to a different perspective or get through to  them in a different way may work...or failing that see if Bobby could last a few minutes 

43 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I would think playing a striker in a game is that they can score goals. I was'nt making a point, I just was'nt aware he was injured. He played the full 90 mins in the match against Blackburn, so possibly took a knock or got injured in training after that match. Lets hope he can make a recovery so Wayne does have other options before any others get injured in the striking positions.

He got injured in the first half against Reading a few days later and was substituted at half time.

Until we can get another striker in then we have to rely upon Lawrence as a number 10/second striker playing off Kaz or Baldock.

Hes our biggest goal threat, even on his off days, so he needs to be played more centrally, as he has been doing by drifting more centrally at times in more recent games despite being a “winger” on the team sheet.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Nice lay off for Lawrence though and some good hold up play. Can't fault him when he came on. 

Thought he got really stuck in to the game yesterday and unsettled the Bournemouth defenders. Best he's played since he came back from his injury.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thought he got really stuck in to the game yesterday and unsettled the Bournemouth defenders. Best he's played since he came back from his injury.

I do believe with him in the team for the 12 odd games he missed, we'd have turned a few of the draws into wins. Hopefully he can last 70+ mins on Wednesday and then a 5 day break should be enough for the older players to recover before next Monday.