The Mars Experience

Day

@Carl Saganand Elon Musk over a bottle of Lambrini and pork scratchings in the Shard one Tuesday night decided that you, yes YOU, shall be in the first 5 people to live on Mars.

They give you a tough decision to make, you must take 2 dcfcfans forum members with you and 2 celebrities.

There is a strict policy on no sexual interactions so anyone thinking of taking Cheryl Cole, think again. 

Your mission is to simply live then die, it is advised that the 4 people you take should be taken for entertainment purposes as you will be living in close quarters.

Who are you taking and why?

I'll start with the celebrities, because they're easier and I won't offend anyone.

Robert Plant - simply because he's my absolute mancrush, but in a none sexual way. He can at least give a song or two.

Richard Ayoade - love his sense of humour.

Forum members.........

I could very easily say any of the members I've "met" on the group chats. All seem to be great company and I know I could spend plenty of time with them.

However I'm going to go for one of those very people, but only using their posting style as a guide. One would be @i-Ram. I love his dry sense of humour in a similar way to Richard Ayoade's.

The other I will have to go for @Carl Sagan, if he couldn't get us through a trip to Mars nobody could.

@i-Ram and @Boycie

Frankie Boyle and Sir Alex Ferguson.

I’m going for maximum entertainment, plus throwing in an oldie who I could listen to all day.

2 Scotsman as well that will know how to drink, wouldn’t be a quiet night up there in the capsule.

Plus Boycie hates Frankie Boyle which would be a laugh in itself.

7 minutes ago, David said:

@i-Ram and @Boycie

I’m going for maximum entertainment, plus throwing in an oldie who I could listen to all day.

2 Scotsman as well that will know how to drink, wouldn’t be a quiet night up there in the capsule.

Plus Boycie hates Frankie Boyle which would be a laugh in itself.

At least @Boycie could change the light bulbs ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

@i-Ram and @Boycie

Any chance I can have our mate from OTIB as a guest forum member alongside Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris as celebrities- pop them together in the same room with the Bristol City away match from 18/19 on loop.  Think I might take @i-Ram as well as we like some of the same music which would help drown out his screams.

Just now, David said:

@i-Ram and @Boycie

Jesus man, are you flirting with me?  You think I am going to Mars in a pressurised tin can with Boycie?

1) You must be aware of his bowel issues surely?

2) He would start fiddling with the wiring before take off.

I would feel more comfortable as my 12 year old self sitting on the Jim’ll Fix It Armchair.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Jesus man, are you flirting with me?  You think I am going to Mars in a pressurised tin can with Boycie?

1) You must be aware of his bowel issues surely?

2) He would start fiddling with the wiring before take off.

I would feel more comfortable as my 12 year old self sitting on the Jim’ll Fix It Armchair.

Just now, Boycie said:

I’m not going if that Boyle’s going.

This isn’t a choice, you get picked you’re going. Buckle up!

45 minutes ago, David said:

@i-Ram and @Boycie

Plus Boycie hates Frankie Boyle which would be a laugh in itself.

You're aware that Frankie Boyle is a teetotal ex alcoholic, I presume.

Gemma Arterton - great actress with a social conscience. The fact she's easy on the eye is merely a bonus.

Boris Johnson - taking one for the team here, but I'd make him my fag, so he'd feel at home.

@jono, seems like a decent enough sort to spend a lifetime locked up with.

Practical, funny and looks at things from a different perspective to me, being a Manc. Plus Mancs are normally quite down to earth and dry.

@Mostyn6. It would never be boring with this fella on board.

Witty, often controversial, and we could sink a Mythos every time Crete flashed by the window.

I realise it wouldn't be often, as we blasted into deep space, but he'd make Mars like Kavos and Stalin's, and that's good enough for me.

Edited by Rev
Stalin's should read Stalis, but it's too good an autocorrect to change. Had to change it again, doh!

8 hours ago, David said:

I’m not very good at that anymore, if anything I disturb the peace!

It would be a near impossible job to be honest.  Ole Henry would be chasing me about the station in his turbo wheelchair within hours.