12th Man or start with 10?

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It really is becoming a chore to be on here.... I'm obviously addicted as it goes against all my instincts to bother. Each time I log on I hope for a little positivity.. But alas no. Oh well, maybe next time. 

Start some positive topics then…

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It really is becoming a chore to be on here.... I'm obviously addicted as it goes against all my instincts to bother. Each time I log on I hope for a little positivity.. But alas no. Oh well, maybe next time. 

Surely positivity has to come from the club first, to give us something to be positive about. But seeing as they are keeping their powder dry at the moment and 16 months of feel bad factor re Covid, a high percentage of posters are at a lower ebb than usual. (Me included)

Chin up, nothing a couple of good performances won’t put right. ?

Edited by Pearl Ram

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No point. They all end up squashed by the self proclaimed realists. Any road, don't want to argue. I'll no doubt pop in tomorrow to cheer myself up. 

But why not engage, discuss, debate. Start off some new threads. Get a positive vibe going if that is how you feel…..you talk of negativity but then all you seem to do is moan about other peoples posts ?

4 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

... Once we can get Pride Park bursting at the seams with B4 and thousands of other Rams fans it will become a fortress again feared by visiting teams...

Ah!  Such happy times!

... remind me... which game was it, again?  

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t get the crowd argument, surely all teams will benefit won’t they ?

Not really, you only have to look at the league table any season, to see that some teams are better home than other teams in a similar position and some are worse.

Quite often you'll see a midtable team's supporters moan that their home form is bottom six and their away form is top 6.

If Morrison can succeed at his 12th club, if a 39 year old can still make a big impact, if Lawrence can avoid making a title of himself again, if CKR can become a 20 goal strikes at 34 years old.

Nah, I'm genuinely just hoping we can avoid relegation in front of 15k crowds.

I think if we can develop a bit of a collective 'nobody likes us' siege mentality then then crowd can be a big positive. To do that though we need to be braced for a real struggle and then we can leap on any positives and not expect a weak squad to suddenly be a force in the division. No point being despondent at being thumped by the better sides because it will happen. Our squad is what it is but the crowd can lift the team in tight moments and we will need to win a respectable proportion of the games that could go either way.

Edited by Alty_Ram

Our terrible, negative fans weren't allowed in the ground last season and couldn't criticise or even boo the poor fragile professional footballers. Those footballers went on to achieve the worst 2nd tier home record in terms of points taken and goals scored in the entire history of the club.

As far as I'm concerned that means one of two things is true. Either our fans are great and you have nothing to worry about, or pressure from the fans is actually a decent motivating factor.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Our terrible, negative fans weren't allowed in the ground last season and couldn't criticise or even boo the poor fragile professional footballers. Those footballers went on to achieve the worst 2nd tier home record in terms of points taken and goals scored in the entire history of the club.

As far as I'm concerned that means one of two things is true. Either our fans are great and you have nothing to worry about, or pressure from the fans is actually a decent motivating factor.

Who do you think should take responsibility for the debacle then, the players, Wazza, Mel?

I think it's about managing expectations. With our squad last year, especially after Bielik's injury and relying on ckr up front, we deserved to finish where we did. 

With more players leaving and us having to shop in the bargain basement, anyone expecting to be in anything other than a relegation battle this year needs to give their head a wobble in my opinion.

I feel it's how the fans react to poor form and defeats that could be the difference in us surviving or not.

A siege mentality will help and I struggle to understand how anyone can think slating a player before the season's even started or even once it has, can help the long term aim. 

I'm not talking about on here necessarily, although there are some, but more when I read comments posted on Facebook or Derby belly laugh articles. 

If people think that these players, particularly the youngsters, aren't on their phones for large chunks of the day (like most youngsters now days) and don't read what's written about them, again, I think they need to give their head a wobble.