12th Man or start with 10?

Paradoxically a number of posters have stated that part of the reason we performed so poorly last season was the lack of home support urging us on at Pride Park yet I also consistently read as in this thread that some home supporters are negative, virtiolic and start turning on the players after a short period of time.

So which one is it.

I think my point is being missed. I believe the main reason we performed as we did last year was due to injuries and lack of options, particularly up front. Now our squad is even more threadbare, this season is likely to be even more of a struggle. I don't dispute that having supporters in the ground will help. My point is how quickly people turn on a player/s and / or a manager after a poor result or performance. I think we should be sensible in our expectations, and if after some poor performances we all stayed positive, we have a better chance of success in the long run. 

39 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Paradoxically a number of posters have stated that part of the reason we performed so poorly last season was the lack of home support urging us on at Pride Park yet I also consistently read as in this thread that some home supporters are negative, virtiolic and start turning on the players after a short period of time.

So which one is it.

Both. Same at every other club. There will always be a mix of those cheering on even in the face of adversity, those booing at the slightest mistake or down turn and, the vast majority, somewhere in between.

I’ve said before, that’s one problem with social media and forums like this. You only need a handful of people to express an opinion one way or the other at the same time for it to look like a majority view when, often, it probably isn’t.

30 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

despite all the football's he's kicked at many other clubs, who've all said he's a bad egg?

Why are you not willing to give Morrison a chance but were happy when we gave one to Ibe?... Who you kept banging on about all last season about how he was about to come in and destroy the league at any moment. 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Why are you not willing to give Morrison a chance but were happy when we gave one to Ibe?... Who you kept banging on about all last season about how he was about to come in and destroy the league at any moment. 

because unlike Morrison, Ibe has actually been good at some point in the past.