Hypocrisy !

Seaside Ram

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Can I just say that yes, Maradona handled the first goal against England back in 86. But we were miles behind them and barely had a sniff. It was hardly a game changing moment, I was watching the game and it was very much a case of when, not if, for the Argentina team. 

But how many times have you seen a team get battered, only to run up the pitch and score a goal against the run of play and win the match?

Similarly with the time Germany beat us 4-1 in the World Cup, if Lampards goal (that was clearly well over the line) had stood it would have been 2-2 and game on - instead the result amde it looked like it was a walk in the park for Germany.

The beautiful thing about football is that its never over till its over, just look at the stats for this match;

https://www.google.com/search?q=wigan+1+man+city+0&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB757GB757&oq=wigan+1+man+city+0&aqs=chrome..69i57j46j0i22i30l4.4182j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11ggr9dcj_;2;/m/02_p0;dt;fp;1;;

Gotta say I find the undercurrent of self-loathing from some fans more distasteful than some allegedly over the top gushing from overpaid talking heads. Who listens to them anyway, especially in the immediate aftermath of a game like that? I never heard a word of it as I was too busy jumping around the living room with the lad and the GF. We took joy from the game whereas a small minority seem to have taken something else. I don't give a toss what some some media mouthpiece has to say, they're petty much all tedious AF, but really, how small-minded do you have to be for that to be your sole takeaway from the tournament and us reaching the final?

As is usually the case on here, there's always someone trying to tell us why we can't be happy and just be in the moment. It really does my ducking swede sometimes. In the same way as anyone can turn the telly off it if the content bothers them, I'm gonna exercise my right to switch off one or two on here moving forwards. Win lose or lose tomorrow, I've loved the ride and watching this group of young players develop into a proper footballing team. Whether muting the carping few is the right thing to do or not, I've had enough of mealy-mouthed outpourings from some quarters so a break from that and win, or even just a good performance tomorrow will probably do me well.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I’ll be honest . I agree with almost every word of that . 

Why does that not surprise anyone… you have a racist bigot as your avatar who has undoubtedly produced some of the greatest songs the world has ever seen…..and then ruined It all by being a total cockfacedprickednoseknobhead

just enjoy It, let me assure you, It doesn’t get any better than this  

Edited by MuespachRam

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Why does that not surprise anyone… you have a racist bigot as your avatar who has undoubtedly produced some of the greatest songs the world has ever seen…..and then ruined It all by being a total cockfacedprickednoseknobhead

just enjoy It, let me assure you, It doesn’t get any better than this  

Ha ha ha , what a poor attempt . You are perfectly entitled to put why doesn't that surprise me , but anyone ? You now speak for the whole world apart from myself do you ?  Let me think ..... Your opinion on life or the one and only and still the greatest artist ever , who has ruined nothing and never will ? 

And if it doesn't get any better than this for you , well I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you !! 

22 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Can I just say that yes, Maradona handled the first goal against England back in 86. But we were miles behind them and barely had a sniff. It was hardly a game changing moment, I was watching the game and it was very much a case of when, not if, for the Argentina team. 

But you could also say after Denmark made there triple sub England completely dominated the game. England got a lucky decision in the box, but it was through constantly getting in the box that England were able to have an opportunity to get a lucky decision. Denmark could have had a lucky penalty but they were so far away from England's box that they didn't give themselves an opportunity to get one.

50 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

But you could also say after Denmark made there triple sub England completely dominated the game. England got a lucky decision in the box, but it was through constantly getting in the box that England were able to have an opportunity to get a lucky decision. Denmark could have had a lucky penalty but they were so far away from England's box that they didn't give themselves an opportunity to get one.

I think that if you took out the period where Denmark were down to 10 men and England did dominate completely, it was about 60 40, maybe 65 35.

It was certainly not one way traffic. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think that if you took out the period where Denmark were down to 10 men and England did dominate completely, it was about 60 40, maybe 65 35.

It was certainly not one way traffic. 

If you look at the extra time on it's own which is when the penalty was given, England definitely dominated. It would have been almost impossible for Denmark to have got a lucky penalty as they didn't touch the ball once in England's box for the entire extra time.

14 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If you look at the extra time on it's own which is when the penalty was given, England definitely dominated. It would have been almost impossible for Denmark to have got a lucky penalty as they didn't touch the ball once in England's box for the entire extra time.

I think we're agreeing....

I was considering the match as a whole.