Starting line up for the first game of the season.

sage

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Wassall was a fairly decent central defender. Wasn't Rosenior more of a full back?

Switch Roos and Marshall because Roos is the better passer.

Presume you've sold Buchanan, Knight, Bird and Sibley to pay for Rooney's wages.

Wassall will be manager.

Rosenior has to fill in at CB due to lack of options.

Marshall adds experience to midfield 

Buchanan, Knight, Bird and Sibley sold to pay for the increased EFL fine of £50m

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that season going to all the homes games and a few away. It got to the point where i though ok we are going to get smashed but i can watch x and y in the opposition. If next season turns out to be something like it as mentioned in this thread we wont even have this to look forward to. We need players so bad in all positions, it is mad really

9 hours ago, sage said:

He said in a interview he hoped/expected to be here. I would also suggest that as we are in a transfer embargo we are likely to offer either him or Wisdom a contract  

From the clubs statement we have been in talks with all 3. All 3 are probably our highest earners so are likely to have to take close to a 50% paycut if we remain under this embargo. Waggys son is in oir academy and his wife has just been appointed a director of the Derbyshire FA so would indicate they dont plan to move either, im pretty sure the DET have also reported that Wisdom is keen to stay too.

Based on player’s contract on July 1st 

Marshall 

Byrne   Cashin. Forsyth Buchanan   

Knight Bird Shinnie 

jozwiak     Richards.     Lawrence 

but by half time Sibley will be on as will Roos who will be in goal while Marshall is playing centre half or centre forward 

we just need to be a lot stronger at centre half and centre forward options 

Read what you want into it...Wazza has got a column in the Times discussing the Euros and I find it reasonably interesting and try to see if it gives me an idea whether he's more of a Keegan than Roy Hodgson. When he was appointed i thought, he played most of his career under Sir Alex so we are going to attack. Did not work out that way but then again we are not exactly blessed with lots of attacking talents, we were in a relgation scrap, so i still wasnt sure. So back to the Times column and his analysis of England vs Germany, his choice of midfield is Philipps, Rice and Henderson if fit, if not Bellingham. That midlfield with the fact that he kept leaving Sibley on the bench has made up my mind, steady Roy it is, functional, organised may be. Attacking, me thinks not. And Mount should be available as well...

9 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Read what you want into it...Wazza has got a column in the Times discussing the Euros and I find it reasonably interesting and try to see if it gives me an idea whether he's more of a Keegan than Roy Hodgson. When he was appointed i thought, he played most of his career under Sir Alex so we are going to attack. Did not work out that way but then again we are not exactly blessed with lots of attacking talents, we were in a relgation scrap, so i still wasnt sure. So back to the Times column and his analysis of England vs Germany, his choice of midfield is Philipps, Rice and Henderson if fit, if not Bellingham. That midlfield with the fact that he kept leaving Sibley on the bench has made up my mind, steady Roy it is, functional, organised may be. Attacking, me thinks not. And Mount should be available as well...

He wants to play 3 holding midfielders when 2 is probably one too many…interesting ?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He wants to play 3 holding midfielders when 2 is probably one too many…interesting ?

2 is plenty for sure. And he goes onto to say that Germany will be tougher tie than France or Portugal would have been when They barely managed to get out the group. Relegation, Championship football, players not as good as his little toe, i understand that it was all new to him and was ready to cut a little slack, but international football he should know more than most and i am not so sure

With no additions:

Marshall
Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
          Knight  Bird  Sibley
    Jozwiak  Kazim  Lawrence

With additions (I've only included freebies for now... and Bielik would still be injured):

Marshall
Byrne  Lees  Baker  Buchanan
      Knight  Thomas  Sibley
 Jozwiak  Diedhiou  Lawrence

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

With no additions:

Marshall
Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
          Knight  Bird  Sibley
    Jozwiak  Kazim  Lawrence

With additions (I've only included freebies for now... and Bielik would still be injured):

Marshall
Byrne  Lees  Baker  Buchanan
      Knight  Thomas  Sibley
 Jozwiak  Diedhiou  Lawrence

Davies hasn’t signed up yet…

12 hours ago, sage said:

Marshall

Byrne           Davies/Cashin            Solomon        Buchanan

Knight               Shinnie

Jozwiak                 Sibley                     Lawrence

CKR

Subs: Roos, Ebosele, Fozzy, Stretton, Duncan, Bird, Watson

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Wassall was a fairly decent central defender. Wasn't Rosenior more of a full back?

Switch Roos and Marshall because Roos is the better passer.

Presume you've sold Buchanan, Knight, Bird and Sibley to pay for Rooney's wages.

You’re choosing a keeper because he’s a better passer?! Really?! 
we’re not Man City, most of the time the first pass is a short one to a defender.

Roos doesn’t command his area, that is a far more important aspect to who gets the spot between the sticks.

26 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

You’re choosing a keeper because he’s a better passer?! Really?! 
we’re not Man City, most of the time the first pass is a short one to a defender.

Roos doesn’t command his area, that is a far more important aspect to who gets the spot between the sticks.

The OP had got Roos in goal and Marshall in midfield and @IslandExile's response was to swap them over, as Roos is the better passer.

It was a light-hearted response to I presume a light-hearted line up.

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

From the clubs statement we have been in talks with all 3. All 3 are probably our highest earners so are likely to have to take close to a 50% paycut if we remain under this embargo. Waggys son is in oir academy and his wife has just been appointed a director of the Derbyshire FA so would indicate they dont plan to move either, im pretty sure the DET have also reported that Wisdom is keen to stay too.

For all we know we could announce that they'd all 3 signed new contracts, but then the day before the season starts the EFL cancel the extensions like they did with Marriott (we still have no explanation as to why that's happened?)

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Also wants to drop grealish & play Rashford ? 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

For all we know we could announce that they'd all 3 signed new contracts, but then the day before the season starts the EFL cancel the extensions like they did with Marriott (we still have no explanation as to why that's happened?)

I believe it was due to us being under an embargo and his contract renewal exceeding the embargo wage limit

4 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Pretty much defines his style of play last season then...anyone expecting a balls out attacking regime this time around,whatever our team ends up looking like,will be disappointed i suspect.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

It’s still disgusting that the EFL have stopped us extending a contract ( which was in the signed contract) of a player (asset) who now walks away and we potentially lose a lot of money by the EFL actions - regardless of weather we were going to use him or not its interfering with the running of a financial business. 

Archived