Starting line up for the first game of the season.

sage

Can we even sign players at the moment? Thought there was some form of embargo which wont be lifted until all the off-the-pitch stuff is sorted. Presumably that won't be until after the season starts so some of these starting 11s may actual be what we see. 

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Can we even sign players at the moment? Thought there was some form of embargo which wont be lifted until all the off-the-pitch stuff is sorted. Presumably that won't be until after the season starts so some of these starting 11s may actual be what we see. 

Yes we can still sign players they just have to be on a free or loan and under a certain wage limit, ive seen both 10k and 12.5k a week so not sure which one it is.

Edited by DCFC1388

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes we can still sign players they just have to be on a free or loan and under a certain wage limit, ive seen both 10k and 12.5k a week so not sure which one it is.

The trouble is actually guaranteeing that we can even afford to pay them and where our mutual futures lie.

Hard sell until we have some certainty in place.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Let's worry about the team selection when we have brought some players in to supplement the current lot. At the moment we need additions across the entire team to add both depth and quality to the current 'squad' we have and I'm sure it'll look a lot different by the time we line up against Huddersfield for the first game of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Let's worry about the team selection when we have brought some players in to supplement the current lot. At the moment we need additions across the entire team to add both depth and quality to the current 'squad' we have and I'm sure it'll look a lot different by the time we line up against Huddersfield for the first game of the season. 

I hope you are right but will depend on how long this appeal nonsense carries on for. Not sure what contracts can be agreed when we don’t know what division we are going to be in.

Just watching Holland play . They have had a style of play that they have stuck to for years . Passing , attacking with players changing positions all over the pitch, so good to watch. It’s a shame that Cocu did not get the time he needed. Wazza will have his “own team” this season . I have no idea what type of players he is looking at to play his style.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I hope you are right but will depend on how long this appeal nonsense carries on for. Not sure what contracts can be agreed when we don’t know what division we are going to be in.

True Jimbo but if the club continues to stick waiting for this appeal nonsense to end then we could be stuck with what we have and doom ourselves to certain relegation. The club needs to look at the likelihood of potential relegation via the appeal vs. the likelihood of relegation if we don't recruit what we can. 

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

True Jimbo but if the club continues to stick waiting for this appeal nonsense to end then we could be stuck with what we have and doom ourselves to certain relegation. The club needs to look at the likelihood of potential relegation via the appeal vs. the likelihood of relegation if we don't recruit what we can. 

My point was more from the player’s side, will they sign up not knowing if they might be playing League 1 football…

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just watching Holland play . They have had a style of play that they have stuck to for years . Passing , attacking with players changing positions all over the pitch, so good to watch. It’s a shame that Cocu did not get the time he needed. Wazza will have his “own team” this season . I have no idea what type of players he is looking at to play his style.

His style ?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My point was more from the player’s side, will they sign up not knowing if they might be playing League 1 football…

Ahh right sorry for the misinterpretation.  I mean I guess only those with in depth knowledge can answer that question, I'd imagine if the chances of us being deducted points are as low as we imagine then it shouldn't be too difficult to get players to sign on.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The trouble is actually guaranteeing that we can even afford to pay them and where our mutual futures lie.

Hard sell until we have some certainty in place.

I dont think paying them has ever been an issue, the 2 times its happened were both when the new owners were meant to be in place to pay but never happened. The hard sell is whether we are League 1 or Champ but hopefully thats resolved this week if the EFL dont appeal.

47 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It's 0-0 they've had 5 shots none on target, yep sounds like Cocu. ?

12 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Read what you want into it...Wazza has got a column in the Times discussing the Euros and I find it reasonably interesting and try to see if it gives me an idea whether he's more of a Keegan than Roy Hodgson. When he was appointed i thought, he played most of his career under Sir Alex so we are going to attack. Did not work out that way but then again we are not exactly blessed with lots of attacking talents, we were in a relgation scrap, so i still wasnt sure. So back to the Times column and his analysis of England vs Germany, his choice of midfield is Philipps, Rice and Henderson if fit, if not Bellingham. That midlfield with the fact that he kept leaving Sibley on the bench has made up my mind, steady Roy it is, functional, organised may be. Attacking, me thinks not. And Mount should be available as well...

I'm afraid Rooney is not even close to Roy. Hodgson has incredible amount of knowledge of the game and with his attention to little details he has made long, long career in management.

Rooney has lot to learn and I'm not sure he is not humble enough for that.

I admit being bit biased, because Hodgson has had opportunities to convince me face to face, Rooney has not.