Papa John’s trophy

FrostedRam

59 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The downside of that is that we would have been relegated 

Doesn't bother me. Only concern is administration, but being in a lower league doesn't bother me as a fan at all. We're never going to get promoted from the championship, so may as well go down to a league where we can be competitive.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Doesn't bother me. Only concern is administration, but being in a lower league doesn't bother me as a fan at all. We're never going to get promoted from the championship, so may as well go down to a league where we can be competitive.

We've been competitive for years in the championship until last season

3 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

Seems like we’ve also provisionally been entered into this as well

our group is in the southern section 

Group ? MK Dons, Burton Albion, Wycombe Wanderers/Derby County, Aston Villa Under-21s

Well we should dam well drop out then on principle 

31 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

We've been competitive for years in the championship until last season

And yet we're still in the championship. All we had to do was financially ruin ourselves just to lose to parachute teams anyway. QPR, Fulham, Hull and Villa were all on parachute payments at the time and all beat us in the playoffs. Sure we might one day be run in a sustainable way similar to Brentford, but I doubt it and until that day we're competing in the second tier of championship clubs behind the parachute teams.

4 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

Seems like we’ve also provisionally been entered into this as well

our group is in the southern section 

Group ? MK Dons, Burton Albion, Wycombe Wanderers/Derby County, Aston Villa Under-21s

Think this just shows were the EFL are determined to make a case against us come what may,think its league 1 for us guys,the longer this drags on the worse this will become,what a absolute joke this season ends up if we play a couple of games in the Champioship then still get found guilty and end up swapping with Wycombe

This is a crazy mess and if its relegation i do know fear administration 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think our U23s are eligible to play in this competition. Ironically, Villa's U23s finished in a worse position (9th) than ours (6th) - AND they play in the second division of the U23 Premier League, whereas we're in the top division. 

Funny old game. 

Entrants are determined by league position of the first team. If any choose not to enter, the option passes to the next highest finishing team.