Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

Enjoyed the match earlier. Particularly great to see Tyree Wilson back gaining fitness. Quality player that must have aspirations to be in and around the matchday squad. 

Cashin looked great, Sibley needed those minutes in his legs, got better as the game went on.

I think that's the best I have seen Grewall-Pollard play too. 

Thought the lads did a good job seeing as it was almost a dead rubber. 

Hope the next round is at Pride Park! 

15 hours ago, angieram said:

Enjoyed the match earlier. Particularly great to see Tyree Wilson back gaining fitness. Quality player that must have aspirations to be in and around the matchday squad. 

Cashin looked great, Sibley needed those minutes in his legs, got better as the game went on.

I think that's the best I have seen Grewall-Pollard play too. 

Thought the lads did a good job seeing as it was almost a dead rubber. 

Hope the next round is at Pride Park! 

I'm sure if Wilson hadn't have had his long-term injury, he'd have made at least 5 appearances for the first team.

Really like Cashin, don't mean to be disrespectful to him, but his distribution always surprises me - I don't know what it is, but he just looks like he's really uncomfortable on the ball when he isn't. I'm sure Sir Jake of Buxton is teaching him all he knows.

Sibley to me is just as frustrating at this level as he is for the first team - there's so obviously a player there, even more so within u23s - but I'm just waiting for him to really take control of games. I wonder if he's not really worked out his best position yet? Not helped by being stuck out as a wide player in the first team.

Grewal-Pollard and Bardell the next off the DCFC fullback production line. Mad.

The next round *should* be at home as we won the group.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Really like Cashin, don't mean to be disrespectful to him, but his distribution always surprises me - I don't know what it is, but he just looks like he's really uncomfortable on the ball when he isn't. I'm sure Sir Jake of Buxton is teaching him all he knows.

Love the fact Cashin is fast becoming our homemade Jake Buxton, being taught by none other than Jake Buxton himself.

I'm sure even Jake will admit he never looked the most comfortable on the ball yet those pinpoint 80 yard diagonals never failed to find their man. I have no idea why but I love Cashin already, just hope he can grow another few inches.