The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

7 minutes ago, enachops said:

I think Spain have been more positive with possession than normal. Not just passing for passing sake. Not a fan of the fake 9 so I’ll give you that, although Olmo did play well there. They should have won this game with the chances they’ve had. 

I think England could take both though. 

I like Olmo. He's very very good. 

Would love to see England test them with some percentage football and set pieces. Italy have made some good opportunities from the simple stuff

Don't let all this Spain possession and passing fool you. Yes they're a good side but they can be got at. Look at the goals they've conceded this tournament, they haven't exactly found it easy in any of the games they've played including the group stage. All show and no substance. Will be a test of course but England can beat either of these sides. 

Just now, enachops said:

Croatia ruined the Spanish with balls in the box and down the channels. Plenty for England to threaten them with, it’s been one of our strengths. Down their right we’d fancy it. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! 

Very true. Denmark have improved with every game so we maybe haven't seen the best of them. 

But yeah, the Spanish defence facing their keeper are not good at all.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dunno about anyone else but that's the result I wanted. Just praying we do the business tomorrow as an Italy - England final ought to be an absolute cracker. Come on lads, bring it home!!!

I'm predicting a 0-0 final and Italy on pens. It's what they'll play for from minute 1.....?

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dunno about anyone else but that's the result I wanted. Just praying we do the business tomorrow as an Italy - England final ought to be an absolute cracker. Come on lads, bring it home!!!

Especially with Spinazolla out because he brings out the best in Insigne too. Him injured hurts them twice

Chiellini and Bonucci looked tired too which will be a good thing providing England/Denmark don't feed them headers. 

Oh man, this feels different. England stand a real chance. They've looked as good as anyone. They have depth. Can't wait for tomorrow. What. An. Opportunity!! 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Imagine sending on your only goal scorer and him scoring. Spanish papers will be criticising him for not passing

#adiosMorata

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I like Olmo.

Looks like you jinxed them ?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm predicting a 0-0 final and Italy on pens. It's what they'll play for from minute 1.....?

This is the problem. They are not great despite their threat in front of goal. But their game management is negative and cynical. Our young players are too naive to know how to deal with it and I’m not sure our older heads are wise enough. And for all Southgate’s strengths, I’m not sure he is a match for it.  The Italians emulate the worst that you see in the S American game and it’ll be heartbreaking to be done by them in a final, the way they did Spain tonight.  One hope is that the ref will not put up with it, a vain hope perhaps.  But I’d rather lose to the Danes than to Italy 

First of all we need to win tonight which won't be easy. Would rather have played Spain, Italy will play a defensive game to try and stop us from playing football, they will foul players all the time, there players will go down injured when it suits them. At the end of the day the Italians still know  how to cheat and gamesmanship. As old Derby fans will remember from the European Cup Semi-Final against Juventus in 1973, And if Denmark do beat us then I want them to win it, I couldn't support the Italians in anything, still haven't forgive them for 1973.