Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

On 15/05/2021 at 19:56, TexasRam said:

Unless I’m mistaken after reading what’s supposedly going on at the club and deducing from it we haven’t got a pot to piss in, then I imagine our 1st signing will be absolutely nobody. 

If a sale does not transpire I’d think MM will say: you can buy whoever you want provided you

Keep within FFP

fund transfers in from sales

Keep the wages bill below [     ] p/w

Looks like that was broadly what they did in Jan. Qn is whether R would resign, if that’s the deal. But I don’t think he will given the poor outcome last season 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If a sale does not transpire I’d think MM will say: you can buy whoever you want provided you

Keep within FFP

Looks like that was broadly what they did in Jan. Qn is whether R would resign, if that’s the deal. But I don’t think he will given the poor outcome last season 

I would totally understand if Wazza wants to move on..............no hard feelings whatsoever........

Edited by Jimbo Ram

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Keep within FFP

So as we have very little sellable assets and those who we could sell won’t fetch much cash imo, I will stick with my original hypothesis that we haven’t got a pot to piss. 

25 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

On another thread we discuss how much Bucannan, Sibley et all are worth. So we do have some...

Bucannan I believe is our only sellable asset that could attract serious money (>£5m) Sibley is a darling in our eyes as he’s a Derby fan/lad, however other clubs see him as someone with maybe potential but couldn’t break into or hold down a place in a team who survived relegation on the last day of the season. Same With Bird and Knight with rumours Prem clubs were after them in January, we were desperate for cash at this point so I’m guessing those rumours weren’t true otherwise we’d most certainly of cashed in. Joz may fetch a few quid if he has a good Euros, but as we’ve seen when playing against a higher standard than Albania he just can’t seem to cut it, so looks like we’re clutching at straws there. 
I fear unless we get significant investment and quickly we are in dire trouble with a threadbare poor quality squad with little In the way of cash to bolster it. Along with a Management team that has shown as a whole over the past 2 seasons, most notably this past season that they haven’t got a clue how to get these players playing. Unless we get that investment we will be down by Christmas. 
That said let’s hope in August we are back in the ground to get behind them and maybe make that little bit of difference ?

On 15/05/2021 at 20:38, sheffieldram said:

Mel says that he will guarantee to pay the wages until a new buyer is found but any chance of us being in the market to spend any money on transfers is wishful thinking. Mel wants rid of us so he is not going to splash the cash. If the reports are to be believed we are up to our ears in debt.

Until we know the outcome of the EFL appeal we do not even know which division we will be playing in or if we will have a points reduction at the start of next season. Who would want to sign for us under those circumstances?

The other issue is we have not put in any accounts so under EFL rules surely we are under a transfer embargo?

Just watched the Leicester final......depressed me even more......what 2 different paths we have both taken over the last 10 years!!!!

He didn’t, he said he’s paying for April’s wages but is unsure on how long after that. 

On 17/05/2021 at 07:40, TexasRam said:

Bucannan I believe is our only sellable asset that could attract serious money (>£5m) Sibley is a darling in our eyes as he’s a Derby fan/lad, however other clubs see him as someone with maybe potential but couldn’t break into or hold down a place in a team who survived relegation on the last day of the season. Same With Bird and Knight with rumours Prem clubs were after them in January, we were desperate for cash at this point so I’m guessing those rumours weren’t true otherwise we’d most certainly of cashed in. Joz may fetch a few quid if he has a good Euros, but as we’ve seen when playing against a higher standard than Albania he just can’t seem to cut it, so looks like we’re clutching at straws there. 
I fear unless we get significant investment and quickly we are in dire trouble with a threadbare poor quality squad with little In the way of cash to bolster it. Along with a Management team that has shown as a whole over the past 2 seasons, most notably this past season that they haven’t got a clue how to get these players playing. Unless we get that investment we will be down by Christmas. 
That said let’s hope in August we are back in the ground to get behind them and maybe make that little bit of difference ?

image.gif.78d086659e435c69fff1e8b5ee8b5c72.gif

I hope we can get some signings soon, lord knows we need them but at the moment unless they accept a signed autograph of Wayne Rooney and a bag of Monster Munch I cannot see how we can get anyone to sign at the moment... ?

On 17/05/2021 at 12:40, TexasRam said:

I think Knight could pull in serious money given the shifts he has put in this season. Plenty of sides need a player like that 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

image.gif.78d086659e435c69fff1e8b5ee8b5c72.gif

Simple really, He can’t cut it at a higher level you only have to look at his stats in the Championship it tells you everything. He plays well for his country against farmer league countries but doesn’t make their 1st 11 against higher standard teams. 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think Knight could pull in serious money given the shifts he has put in this season. Plenty of sides need a player like that 

Who’s going to pay more than £1M for a non creative midfielder who can’t hold down a place in a bottom of the table championship side? 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Simple really, He can’t cut it at a higher level you only have to look at his stats in the Championship it tells you everything. He plays well for his country against farmer league countries but doesn’t make their 1st 11 against higher standard teams. 

'Farmer league' countries still play better than most Championship clubs.