Possible outcomes.

24Charlie

23 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

The bookies still have us favourites to stay up. Here’s the scenario’s that make up their thinking.

We may be favourites but right now it’s over to Rotherham.

If Rotherham win their next two they are up unless we beat Wednesday by a minimum of 9 clear goals. Rotherham have a 6 goal advantage on us. Plus if they win those two games the goals they score in those games will add to that tally so in reality two wins will be enough for them. I think it goes to goals scored if goal difference is level which means we need to better their goal difference. Highly unlikely.

If Rotherham draw one and win one then we need to beat Wednesday.

If Rotherham lose or draw both or win one and lose one then we only need a point against Wednesday.

Wednesday must beat us and hope Rotherham don’t win either of their games games to stay up. If Rotherham win one of their games then Wednesday can stay up if they can beat us and hope Rotherham lose one game by enough to achieve at least 6 goal swing.

Wycombe need to beat Boro by at least 13 goals and hope other results go their way.

There is a scenario where all 4 teams finish on 43 points.

In that scenario Wednesday would of had to beat us and we would most likely finish 2nd bottom. A victim of our abysmal goal scoring record this season.

Mathematically speaking if all 4 teams finish on 43 points then we are the only ones guaranteed to be relegated.

I still think it’s going to be in our hands as Luton will beat Rotherham or hold them to a draw but we are that bad I could see us getting spanned by Wednesday 

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I still think it’s going to be in our hands as Luton will beat Rotherham or hold them to a draw but we are that bad I could see us getting spanned by Wednesday 

Having been in the we will stay up camp all along now believe you are right and this is exactly what will happen. 

Early Wednesday goal.

Edited by MrPlinkett

If we do get out of this, I hope that we don’t see any ridiculous scenes of player celebrations, champagne in the dressing room, throwing Rooney in the air like they’ve won the Champions League.

The players should leave the pitch, whoever is being interviewed by the press - say that it’s not been good enough, quickly get changed and go home.

Then, over to the board/MM/ whoever is in charge to turn Derby County off and then back on again.

I will say it again we will draw against Sheff Wed on Saturday. If Rotherham get the points then they definitely deserve to survive and well done to them. I couldn't see this team keep going like they have done over the past three/four weeks. Whichever division we are in come 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon DCFC will still have my undying support. Owners,managers and players will come and go but DCFC is a deeply seated part of Derby/Derbyshire (and beyond) and will remain so! Fans become disillusioned because they want the best for their team and get upset when things go wrong (understatement) but if we do survive, and it is a big if, we go again. The onus is on the current management and players. Come on lads treat it like a cup final!

Just now, Loftyhites said:

If we do get out of this, I hope that we don’t see any ridiculous scenes of player celebrations, champagne in the dressing room, throwing Rooney in the air like they’ve won the Champions League.

The players should leave the pitch, whoever is being interviewed by the press - say that it’s not been good enough, quickly get changed and go home.

Then, over to the board/MM/ whoever is in charge to turn Derby County off and then back on again.

100% ?

Over the top celebrations for staying up by dint of another club's points deduction & marginally ahead of two League One squads would be embarrassing. Apologise to the fans then go home.

Good time for Rooney also to announce his resignation, the media can then construct a narrative that he 'saved us' so enabling him to get a decent job elsewhere. Everyone wins.

30 minutes ago, Loftyhites said:

I hope he isn’t expecting Roos to catch him.

A lot depends on tomorrow night. A Rotherham win means Sheff Wed need a minimum 6 goal swing in their favour to stay up.
So that will mean a full on gung ho assault on our goal all game.
Can we hold out against a nothing to lose philosophy for 90 minutes?

I doubt it.

I don’t think Rotherham will beat Cardiff which will mean we, not only have to withstand an all out assault but somehow win the game.

I think we need Luton to get something.

Edited by 24Charlie
Punctuation

4 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Having been in the we will stay up camp all along now believe you are right and this is exactly what will happen. 

Early Wednesday goal.

If we weren’t playing Wednesday last game then out of our hands would be the best scenario as we only mess it up. I just don’t think we have the bottle for this anymore

7 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

100% ?

Over the top celebrations for staying up by dint of another club's points deduction & marginally ahead of two League One squads would be embarrassing. Apologise to the fans then go home.

Good time for Rooney also to announce his resignation, the media can then construct a narrative that he 'saved us' so enabling him to get a decent job elsewhere. Everyone wins.

I think I could forgive them provided it's not too over the top. The difference between scenes of enormous relief and celebration could be quite fine.

On 02/05/2021 at 08:29, 24Charlie said:

Well the bookies don’t agree with you.

The bookies are generally quoting us at 11/10 to go down.   Put another way, they are stating that in their opinion there are 10 chances in 21 that we will be relegated.  Now, obviously they overstate the chances of each team slightly in order to make a profit...but not by too much (only about 10% generally). 

Therefore if the bookies are to be believed, there is roughly a 40% chance that we will be relegated on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

The bookies are generally quoting us at 11/10 to go down.   Put another way, they are stating that in their opinion there are 10 chances in 21 that we will be relegated.  Now, obviously they overstate the chances of each team slightly in order to make a profit...but not by too much (only about 10% generally). 

Therefore if the bookies are to be believed, there is roughly a 40% chance that we will be relegated on Saturday. 

825056C3-A81B-4707-86A0-DE60F34F24FE.gif