Fly Tipping

FindernRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Recently done our patio and been left with a few tonnes of earth.

East Staffs want to charge me £3 per 15kg to take it to the tip (Uttoxeter is non-booking), skip would be about £200.

Very tempted to pay more than a few visits to our nearest field to unload instead. I won't and will probably employ the "one bag at a time in the bottom of the bin method".

On the fly tipping scale surely "dirt" barely registers?

The queueing at the tip thing is an alien concept to me. Didn't realise some tips were that busy.

We have to register our vehicles online but then are free to go to the one in Newark when we like. At the weekend it might get busy but I've never once had to queue to get in.

On 28/04/2021 at 01:28, Eddie said:

We have the same situation in Leicestershire, and it's because of the pandemic and ensuring that social distancing and appropriate sanitation takes place.

It strikes me as a particularly reasonable and sensible approach to take under the circumstances.

My local one limits the number of cars in at a time - something like 5.

At times there are queues all the way down the road, but I thinknits better than having a booking system

On 27/04/2021 at 14:37, Alpha said:

I'm not defending them because it's scummy.

But it can be tough to get rid of waste. Maybe not once in a while but if you're in a trade or on a project and you're constantly creating a pile of crap then it is a nuisance to get rid of. 

Myself, I just moan and dispose of poo properly.

But for the less considerate among us. Its easier to fly tip than get permit, have multiple skips, get appointments etc etc.

I agree. Fly-tipping should be prosecuted, but I have an element of sympathy after spending over two hours queuing to get into St Austell tip a couple of weekend ago.

We had so much packing after moving back from the US and other than pay about £250 the tip was our only option. And I have another two loads at least.

21 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I agree. Fly-tipping should be prosecuted, but I have an element of sympathy after spending over two hours queuing to get into St Austell tip a couple of weekend ago.

We had so much packing after moving back from the US and other than pay about £250 the tip was our only option. And I have another two loads at least.

Is the drinky-outsidy bit open at St Austell brewery open yet? That's a great place to drown your sorrows (and you can pick a few bottles of essentials up at the brewery shop too).

On 29/04/2021 at 08:47, Wolfie said:

The queueing at the tip thing is an alien concept to me. Didn't realise some tips were that busy.

We have to register our vehicles online but then are free to go to the one in Newark when we like. At the weekend it might get busy but I've never once had to queue to get in.

That's because they are all out in the countryside dumping the trash.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Is the drinky-outsidy bit open at St Austell brewery open yet? That's a great place to drown your sorrows (and you can pick a few bottles of essentials up at the brewery shop too).

Honestly don't know mate. We only moved here a couple of months ago just as we were getting to know the Truro area so I've litearlly only been into St Austell to go to Tescos or a rather fine pizzeria take away.

No doubt with friends and family bearing down on us over the summer we shall be doing a lot more exploring.

38 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Honestly don't know mate. We only moved here a couple of months ago just as we were getting to know the Truro area so I've litearlly only been into St Austell to go to Tescos or a rather fine pizzeria take away.

No doubt with friends and family bearing down on us over the summer we shall be doing a lot more exploring.

It's about 400 yards from the railway/bus station, up Trevarthian Road.

It will be our first port of call when we head down to Mevagissey in July, to pick up supplies. It will also be our last port of call upon leaving a week later (and no doubt we will pay a number of visits during our stay).

On 28/04/2021 at 09:09, JoetheRam said:

Recently done our patio and been left with a few tonnes of earth.

East Staffs want to charge me £3 per 15kg to take it to the tip (Uttoxeter is non-booking), skip would be about £200.

Very tempted to pay more than a few visits to our nearest field to unload instead. I won't and will probably employ the "one bag at a time in the bottom of the bin method".

On the fly tipping scale surely "dirt" barely registers?

As is my normal want, I am finding myself having mistimed my humour - apologies!

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

BTW - years later, the absurdity of this has just struck me. This is a 200 metre, 3 foot wide tunnel they have dug and their solution is to tip it into the yard two socks at a time. If the war was going on today they still wouldn't have got rid of it all......

On 28/04/2021 at 09:52, Hathersage Ram said:

Typical can't be arsed attitude from society! Be bothered, get a permit, don't make excuses for low life

Not just can't be bothered but also too busy/get waste quicker than appointments can handle. 

You can't even just get a skip now because there's a whole list of waste that needs separating or you get a fine. 

Telling people to not be lazy won't stop them fly tipping. Only catching them and punishing them or making disposal easier will help. 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's about 400 yards from the railway/bus station, up Trevarthian Road.

It will be our first port of call when we head down to Mevagissey in July, to pick up supplies. It will also be our last port of call upon leaving a week later (and no doubt we will pay a number of visits during our stay).

So basically you're holiday is there.

53 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

So basically you're holiday is there.

Officially it's actually at the Little Cornish B&B in Mevagissey, just 40 yards from the harbour. They have just two rooms - quite the smallest place we have ever stayed but by quite some margin the best. The whole place is idyllic - the decor is very Edwardian with oodles of kitch - candle-lit breakfasts etc. The couple who run it are just lovely. Andy is a professional artist and Howie is a professional chef. Tinks is the most adorable cat you could imagine, and the walks to Portmerron, Goran Haven, Pentewan and London Apprentice take your breath away (in more ways than one). Or as Howie says, "Lots of uppy-downy bits".

You're more right than wrong. I will be spending some time drinking Bad Habit, Cardinal Syn and a few others of their fabulous beers.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Probleam is now that Derby wayans way only allowed to visit just 4 times a year in which going increase fly tipping.

Are you saying Raynes way tip only allow you to visit 4 times a year?

Go to loscoe tip mate.

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Probleam is now that Derby wayans way only allowed to visit just 4 times a year in which going increase fly tipping.

Where did you hear that, mate?  I can't find anything on line!

Back in December (2020) there was talk of "12 visits per year if plans are approved".

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/new-rules-taking-household-rubbish-4757534

I can't find anything confirming that plan went through.

On their website, there are no references to such limitations, other than (when referencing limits on DIY waste):
"Visitors who reach these maximum amounts must wait one week before making return visits".
and
"Residents making excessive numbers of trips with large volumes of waste may be turned away from the site".

https://www.Derby.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/recycling-waste/raynesway-hwrc/#:~:text=Limits on DIY waste,sacks) in a single visit.

A few years back, I had the permit required for "commercial vehicles" (Astravan, in my case... and a LWB Sprinter van before that).  That allowed 10 visits per year.  That was all pre 2014 though, so quite probably not even relevant any more!  

Archived