How have we ended up with this?

DCFC Kicks

How have we ended up with this:

Manager: Literally zero experience in any coaching role, let alone management, doesn't even have the coaching badges

Assistant Manager: Literally zero experience in any coaching role, also possibly doesn't have the coaching badges

First Team Coach: Only experienced as a goalkeeping coach (also debatable that the goalkeepers were better before he was GK Coach,                                     and are now better after he left as GK Coach) , also probably doesn't even have the badges.

Steve McClaren: Past Derby manager, highly experienced  and well regarded coach - sitting in the stands watching.

Darren Wassall: Past Derby manager, still inexperience, but still has more than the other 3 put together - with the academy (which                                         may not even exist in it's same capacity if we go down)

I know we don't know the full behind the scenes details, but Mel is in serious risk of going down in infamy as one of the worst owners ever at this club if we go down. After investing so much of his own money.  Are his hands tied with us in a seemingly never ending limbo of takeovers? With his obvious love for the club this make it so sad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Manager: Literally zero experience in any coaching role, let alone management, doesn't even have the coaching badges

Assistant Manager: Literally zero experience in any coaching role, also possibly doesn't have the coaching badges

First Team Coach: Only experienced as a goalkeeping coach (also debatable that the goalkeepers were better before he was GK Coach,                                     and are now better after he left as GK Coach) , also probably doesn't even have the badges.

Steve McClaren: Past Derby manager, highly experienced  and well regarded coach - sitting in the stands watching.

Darren Wassall: Past Derby manager, still inexperience, but still has more than the other 3 put together - with the academy (which                                         may not even exist in it's same capacity if we go down)

I know we don't know the full behind the scenes details, but Mel is in serious risk of going down in infamy as one of the worst owners ever at this club if we go down. After investing so much of his own money.  Are his hands tied with us in a seemingly never ending limbo of takeovers? With his obvious love for the club this make it so sad.

Too much effort trying to be flash instead of just using the available tools......We should never have sacked Mac and wassell was the victim of tremendous disloyalty by Mel when he was also replaced despite a excellent if brief tenure....again to bring in another poo celebrity manager.

Ever since Rooney arrived players have been jumping ship. Evan’s would have been a steady replacement for Beilik but chose Millwall over Rams. He joined Malone and Bennett. Bogle and Lowe , happy to leave. Johnson, Marriet,Holmes , Whittaker all left. Wisdom and Waghorn will leave this summer. Lawrence will run down his last year. And yet Mel said players would flock to be with Rooney.

Poor tenure as owner has bought all of this on (in my opinion).

piling loads of cash attempting to buy promotion was a gamble which did not pay off. You are then in the constraints of FFP.

Poor choices of manager/coaches then sacking after a short term.

Cocu was/is a good coach (IN THE RIGHT LEAGUE) not for the championship. 

There has been very little investment in new players since Lampard and he only achieved on the back of loan players.

I agree, Mel's heart might be in the right place but it was misguided in the running of the club. He is now trying to sell to what seems to be anyone who has a cheque book, without regard for the future.

On top of that there is now the very real threat of relegation, because of all the bottom four, we seem to be the ones with our heads down.

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ever since Rooney arrived players have been jumping ship. Evan’s would have been a steady replacement for Beilik but chose Millwall over Rams. He joined Malone and Bennett. Bogle and Lowe , happy to leave. Johnson, Marriet,Holmes , Whittaker all left. Wisdom and Waghorn will leave this summer. Lawrence will run down his last year. And yet Mel said players would flock to be with Rooney.

I think a lot of those departures were financial. They have to be. Although the Holmes one did confuse me.

19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think a lot of those departures were financial. They have to be. Although the Holmes one did confuse me.

They were, to pay the wages to get us through until the season ends because had we not you can guess what would have happened and we would already be down

7 minutes ago, Finch said:

The man at the top.

Yep, Mel has to take responsibility for the fact we look clueless and abysmal culminating in that poo we saw last night. Nothing to do with the Manager whatsoever, why should he take any responsibility for what goes on on the pitch.....

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, Mel has to take responsibility for the fact we look clueless and abysmal culminating in that poo we saw last night. Nothing to do with the Manager whatsoever, why should he take any responsibility for what goes on on the pitch.....

But the ultimate responsibility is on Mel. Rooney has been just another big mistake. They all need to go. 

Just now, BondJovi said:

But the ultimate responsibility is on Mel. Rooney has been just another big mistake. They all need to go. 

Mel must take responsibility for the mistake of appointing Wazza but surely what goes on on the pitch has to be the responsibility of the Manager, otherwise what responsibility has Wazza? Must be a dream job if you are the Manager of a football club but without having to worry about how the players perform and the results....might apply myself ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Mel must take responsibility for the mistake of appointing Wazza but surely what goes on on the pitch has to be the responsibility of the Manager, otherwise what responsibility has Wazza? Must be a dream job if you are the Manager of a football club but without having to worry about how the players perform and the results....might apply myself ?

I don't disagree. Rooney has to go for the mess on the pitch. Mel has created the mess off the pitch. Another post I explained why I believe we should never have appointed Rooney, even signed him. He has proved to be a disaster.

Just now, BondJovi said:

I don't disagree. Rooney has to go for the mess on the pitch. Mel has created the mess off the pitch. Another post I explained why I believe we should never have appointed Rooney, even signed him. He has proved to be a disaster.

Agree, wish he had never set foot in the club....

Morris has been a disaster for the club. As I've said before in my personal opinion he has been the worst owner we've ever had bar the crooks who were running us in the early 2000's. Even Maxwell didn't leave us in this much of a mess. Morris' love of a celebrity manager regardless of their coaching experience, his interference in teams affairs, sacking a manager when we were 4th in the table, sacking a manager who had dragged us from the bottom three into playoff contention, signing off on signings like Blackman, Anya etc - everything he has touched has turned to dust. He might point to the academy as his legacy but to be honest we had better quality players coming through the academy well before he arrived and quite frankly I don't see any of the current crop of youngsters being anything special going forward.

All I hope now is that whatever division we are in next season we start it with a properly experienced manager who is given time to develop the team, a board that favours sensible low key squad investment/rebuilding over ludicrously overpriced show pony signings and that as a football club we just show some class, dignity and humility because I'm sick to death of the Mel Morris era Derby County. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

“Evan’s would have been a steady replacement for Beilik”

I apologise but I stopped reading after that.

22 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Morris has been a disaster for the club. As I've said before in my personal opinion he has been the worst owner we've ever had bar the crooks who were running us in the early 2000's. Even Maxwell didn't leave us in this much of a mess. Morris' love of a celebrity manager regardless of their coaching experience, his interference in teams affairs, sacking a manager when we were 4th in the table, sacking a manager who had dragged us from the bottom three into playoff contention, signing off on signings like Blackman, Anya etc - everything he has touched has turned to dust. He might point to the academy as his legacy but to be honest we had better quality players coming through the academy well before he arrived and quite frankly I don't see any of the current crop of youngsters being anything special going forward.

All I hope now is that whatever division we are in next season we start it with a properly experienced manager who is given time to develop the team, a board that favours sensible low key squad investment/rebuilding over ludicrously overpriced show pony signings and that as a football club we just show some class, dignity and humility because I'm sick to death of the Mel Morris era Derby County. 

Agree with most of that...

12 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I would take Wassall with Macca as Assistant in a heartbeat - Mind you I was all for something like that before we brought Lampard in too 

Archived