How have we ended up with this?

DCFC Kicks

Mel's ultimately the man who the buck stops with. 

Rooney isn't the man to sort this out.

If we stay up it will be because of luck rather than judgement.

Thank god Wednesday got a points deduction, that's all I can think. Gives us a straw to clutch at.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby zamora.

But no, seriously... Its 's so incredibly disappointing to see us in this position. But like most have already said. It starts and stops with the owner. It's best for him and the club that he goes. If we get relegated his tenure will go down in dcfc history as easily one of the worst. 

46 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

“Evan’s would have been a steady replacement for Beilik”

I apologise but I stopped reading after that.

46 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

My point was , that he CHOSE , Millwall over us, which surprised me. However he was on the winning side at our place, and did put himself about . Something we are missing.

47 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

You're missing the point..the poster didn't say he would have been as good but would have certainly performed better than who we are left with.He seems to be doing OK where he's gone.Keiran Dowell was rubbish here according to many on here..he's now doing fine for a team 10 points clear at the top and are going up.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ever since Rooney arrived players have been jumping ship. Evan’s would have been a steady replacement for Beilik but chose Millwall over Rams. He joined Malone and Bennett. Bogle and Lowe , happy to leave. Johnson, Marriet,Holmes , Whittaker all left. Wisdom and Waghorn will leave this summer. Lawrence will run down his last year. And yet Mel said players would flock to be with Rooney.

Was it not more a case that we decided to sell them to help our precarious and well known about financial position and get them off the wage bill as opposed to them running to the exit door ?

sounds a bit daily Mail sensationalist when u say it like u did lol 

I am just wondering who is taking the decisions at Derby at the moment, Mel or Alonso? If Mel wanted to put Wazza on gardening leave and put Mac in charge for the remaining 3 games, perhaps with some input from Wassall too, which wouldn’t surprise me, could he do that or would it need to be a joint decision with Alonso???

In my opinion the decline began several seasons ago. In the era of Rowatt we lost Hughes, a player of real talent and quality. We sold Vydra, a top championship goal scorer and I felt at the time it was the wrong decision. The season under Lampard was great but views long term it did absolutely nothing for us and apart from the loan players his signings did little to improve the squad. Cocu had little time to prepare and inherited a group of players who didn't have the ability to play how he wanted and Rooney came in when what we really needed at the stage was an experienced championship manager.  

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am just wondering who is taking the decisions at Derby at the moment, Mel or Alonso? If Mel wanted to put Wazza on gardening leave and put Mac in charge for the remaining 3 games, perhaps with some input from Wassall too, which wouldn’t surprise me, could he do that or would it need to be a joint decision with Alonso???

No ones making the decisions, this is why we're stuck with Rooney. Is Mel going to pay to sack Rooney with a new owner coming in at any moment? No.

No ones been making decisions for 6 months +, apart from when BZI made the decision to hire Rooney! That's why we're in this mess.

Just now, DCFClks said:

No ones making the decisions, this is why we're stuck with Rooney. Is Mel going to pay to sack Rooney with a new owner coming in at any moment? No.

No ones been making decisions for 6 months +, apart from when BZI made the decision to hire Rooney! That's why we're in this mess.

Did BZI make the decision?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Did BZI make the decision?

The announcement said it was a joint decision. Which basically means it was BZI's decision as it was planed Mel would be leaving at any moment, so the decision wouldn't affect him at all.

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

The announcement said it was a joint decision. Which basically means it was BZI's decision as it was planed Mel would be leaving at any moment, so the decision wouldn't affect him at all.

Total shambles on and off the pitch....

The cult of celebrity had swallowed up  the owner and let’s be honest many of the fans.

Its nice to have something to cheer when these appointments are made, but unless we’re incredibly lucky it goes belly up as there is no substance behind the name...........it’s the equivalent of peeing your pants on a cold day for warmth.

The ego and arrogance need to be dropped for the club to stabilise. 

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

You could argue every managerial appointment Mel's made except Rowett has been a celebrity/glamour appointment.

Not sure Pearson or Mac were, but the rest yes, Lampard and Rooney full on celebrities. Cocu was footballing royalty and Clement had that link to Real Madrid and flash friends.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not sure Pearson or Mac were, but the rest yes, Lampard and Rooney full on celebrities. Cocu was footballing royalty and Clement had that link to Real Madrid and flash friends.

as a former England manager, I'd say Mac is somewhat celebrity status. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Mac had the England link. Pearson had the Leicester champions link. With each passing appointment, it's become more and more of a celebrity appointment.

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

as a former England manager, I'd say Mac is somewhat celebrity status. 

14 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Mac had the England link. Pearson had the Leicester champions link. With each passing appointment, it's become more and more of a celebrity appointment.

Yes there’s the England link with Mac.

But if you remember his stock was incredibly low when we took him on, he was part time coaching at QPR to try and get back in the game after bad spells at Wolfsburg, Forest and Twente (second time).

Archived