Unpopular Opinion

Seaside Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

David Marshall is nowhere near as good as folk think he is . 

He's not, I think people think he's good because he's Scotland's number 1, but if you look at the competition for that it's terrible.

Having said that Goalkeeper is way down the list of problems we have. He's probably an average Championship level keeper.

9 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Marshall made two excellent saves yesterday and another important one. He’s made some mistakes but yesterday he was good. 

Definitely wouldn’t say he was good. Making saves is his job. Wouldn’t say his saves were that impressive. The second goal was horrendous. Almost straight at him. I would of said their keeper was ‘good’ 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

No, he isnt as good as people say he is, and Roos isnt as bad as people say he is either....neither of them are good enough to be in a top half championship team....so, they are about right for us.

That describes the majority of our squad.

Nobody is outright awful. There’s no obvious true weak link or any players that couldn’t *do a job* of some description for any side at this level. No Mo Camara, no Nick Blackman or Claude Davis.

What we do not have is a team. We cannot put 11 square pegs in square holes. Oh, that, and the fact the only player who’s actually any good is done for.

52 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Yes Marshall has made some horrendous mistakes this season, but Wisdom was carp all game last night and he could have given three away at least.

Agreed. I reckon Wisdom has wasted about 2 hours on the ball this season. Even when loosing. No tempo

17 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Another unpopular opinion.

If we had kept Keogh we would have conceded less goals and had more points..

Huddersfield have the 2nd worst defensive record in the division.

They've conceded 1.58 goals a game by with Keogh in defence, before they brought him in 17 games ago it was 1.46 

Our defence has only conceded 1.14 goals per game across the whole season.

Just saying.

Screenshot_20210417-193140.png.3fff4d28919f034f5b6afe78e8f7ab29.png

13 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Agree. Our best keeper is out on loan with Man City. 

Marshall has pulled off some crucial saves but so has Roos. Marshall has made some errors and again so has Roos. Just one of them gets all the praise the other gets slagged off. 

Im not convinced either should be our number one 

Our most overrated keeper is at Man City. I'm continuously surprised how with every passing year Carson becomes more and more over valued. He was crap his last season here, hence why he got dropped. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Our most overrated keeper is at Man City. I'm continuously surprised how with every passing year Carson becomes more and more over valued. He was crap his last season here, hence why he got dropped. 

He was very good in 17/18 if I remember correctly. But he was absolutely awful in lampards season, so so bad. He's past it, move on.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

He was very good in 17/18 if I remember correctly. But he was absolutely awful in lampards season, so so bad. He's past it, move on.

Yup. Had a great year under Rowett, he was an absolute liability under Lampard. We're long past Carson now. 

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

That describes the majority of our squad.

Nobody is outright awful. There’s no obvious true weak link or any players that couldn’t *do a job* of some description for any side at this level. No Mo Camara, no Nick Blackman or Claude Davis.

What we do not have is a team. We cannot put 11 square pegs in square holes. Oh, that, and the fact the only player who’s actually any good is done for.

Was just talking to my son about the team that lost against QPR and how that was a proper “team” with real “team spirit”...this sorry lot don’t look as if they like each other, in fact they look like they can’t stand the sight of each other. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Was just talking to my son about the team that lost against QPR and how that was a proper “team” with real “team spirit”...this sorry lot don’t look as if they like each other, in fact they look like they can’t stand the sight of each other.

Didn't Rooney allude to there being a disagreement or fallout at the training ground when talking about waghorns omission from the squad? 

I seem to remember in one of his pre match interviews him saying 'you might not get on with everyone...'

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Think you might be projecting your own feelings a bit there

On 17/04/2021 at 20:44, MuespachRam said:

That's a very in-depth and stark observation about how 16 men feel about each other from watching 'a football match' on a television screen sitting miles away from where there playing.

Archived