Unpopular Opinion

Seaside Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Why single out Marshall? Apart from about 3 of them (one injured,  one playing and one loanee) none are good enough 

You are so right, there are a very lot of players who are just not good enough, that's why we are in the table. 

Agree. Our best keeper is out on loan with Man City. 

Marshall has pulled off some crucial saves but so has Roos. Marshall has made some errors and again so has Roos. Just one of them gets all the praise the other gets slagged off. 

Im not convinced either should be our number one 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

David Marshall is nowhere near as good as folk think he is . 

Same as every keeper we’ve had over recent years, makes some incredible saves, but makes some absolute howlers on too many occasions. We should invest big on a younger agile keeper and build from the back. 

10 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Same as every keeper we’ve had over recent years, makes some incredible saves, but makes some absolute howlers on too many occasions. We should invest big on a younger agile keeper and build from the back. 

Roos doesn’t make many ‘howlers’ and I would argue Marshall has made a lot of incredible saves. The best keeper we have had in recent years is Carson. The amount of points we gained with him in goal was impressive. Between Carson and Keogh with last ditch tackles and clearances / saves. It may have been 16/17 I can’t remember but around that time. 

21 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Roos doesn’t make many ‘howlers’ and I would argue Marshall has made a lot of incredible saves. The best keeper we have had in recent years is Carson. The amount of points we gained with him in goal was impressive. Between Carson and Keogh with last ditch tackles and clearances / saves. It may have been 16/17 I can’t remember but around that time. 

I’m a fan of Roos, and it seemed a bit harsh dropping him when he was on a good run of form this season, but could he do it when the fans are back and the extra pressures on or would he be back to making those silly mistakes from before. Maybe he’s just improved and he will be the answer long term we’ll see next season. 

10 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I’m a fan of Roos, and it seemed a bit harsh dropping him when he was on a good run of form this season, but could he do it when the fans are back and the extra pressures on or would he be back to making those silly mistakes from before. Maybe he’s just improved and he will be the answer long term we’ll see next season. 

Fans just can’t accept he punches the ball a lot instead of catching which is what is coached a lot these days. When you get thousands of own fans screaming catch it in pouring rain when there is a whipped cross coming in with speed and then ironic cheers if he catches a ball it’s amazing he actually copes with that sort of none sense. 
Also because of Wembley v Villa we need scapegoats, we don’t have Keogh anymore. 

52 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

17/18 under Rowett.

Curtis Davies was also immense.

He made some very good saves yesterday, but I do think that he should have done much better with the second. I still don't know what Wisdom was doing, but before it even reached him I thought that it was a risky pass from Marshall. He had 2 players closing him down before it was passed because they knew it was going to him, what's more very slowly.

Archived