Relegation watch

Spanish

13 hours ago, Mckram said:

I have a feeling that Rotherham will stay up. No idea why, but I think for them playing teams further down the line could help as they might have nothing to play for already. I just hope it isn’t at our expense.

If the ban were to be lifted prior to season's end they would have a plethora of full grounds and home advantage.
Their fan(s) could use up annual leave and take up residence outside the closed ground and lease loud speakers.

A backlog of games means less need for warm  up exercises.

Sheer genius!

this week we have

Luton Town19:00Coventry City

Rotherham United19:00Watford

WEDNESDAY 17TH MARCH

Birmingham City19:45Reading

Sheffield Wednesday19:45Huddersfield Town

TBH I am quite worries as to how the table will look on Wednesday night.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

this week we have

Luton Town19:00Coventry City

Rotherham United19:00Watford

WEDNESDAY 17TH MARCH

Birmingham City19:45Reading

Sheffield Wednesday19:45Huddersfield Town

TBH I am quite worries as to how the table will look on Wednesday night.

I see no reason why Rotherham will want to play this week !

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I see no reason why Rotherham will want to play this week !

They haven't got any choice now, every midweek is now taken up for them. Any more postponements will mean more than one midweek fixture for them.

27 minutes ago, ram59 said:

They haven't got any choice now, every midweek is now taken up for them. Any more postponements will mean more than one midweek fixture for them.

I think they are already beyond that stage, the game against Coventry hasn't been re arranged yet.  it looks like they only have 2 options which will be Thursday 15/4 or 6/5.  I would imagine the league will want to get this game sorted out before the last week of the season just in case there is a mysterious further covid event

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I think they are already beyond that stage, the game against Coventry hasn't been re arranged yet.  it looks like they only have 2 options which will be Thursday 15/4 or 6/5.  I would imagine the league will want to get this game sorted out before the last week of the season just in case there is a mysterious further covid event

Have they a spare weekend during the international break

7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Have they a spare weekend during the international break

Everybody does.  Not sure whether this is an option for both clubs though.  Even in the 2 weeks where Coventry don't have a mid week game I imagine they won't want to play on  Thursday unless the Saturday game gets moved to a Sunday and the Tuesday game of the following week gets moved to a Wednesday

I know it might be clutching at straws.  And some folk reckon they have the easier teams to play (I'm not so sure that's right in this freaky league)

But i still don't think they will be able to handle 5 solid weeks of 2 games a week. And they have also got to fit in the Cov. game 

Rovrum run in or our run in.

RUFC

Tues   Sat.

----Int. Break.----
Fri.   Mon.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. Wed.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. 

Plus Coventry ??? 

DCFC

Tues.   Sat.
----Int. Break.----
Fri. Mon.
Sat. 
Sat. Tues.
Sat.
Sat.
Sat. 

To be honest, a run like that for Rotherham could be a blessing or a curse.

If they find form and start to play well, they’ll relish playing every three or four days.

Plus three games in a week is pretty much the standard for the Championship now, so I don’t see the big fuss.

2 hours ago, RAMblingONagain said:

I know it might be clutching at straws.  And some folk reckon they have the easier teams to play (I'm not so sure that's right in this freaky league)

But i still don't think they will be able to handle 5 solid weeks of 2 games a week. And they have also got to fit in the Cov. game 

Rovrum run in or our run in.

RUFC

Tues   Sat.

----Int. Break.----
Fri.   Mon.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. Wed.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. Tues.
Sat. 

Plus Coventry ??? 

DCFC

Tues.   Sat.
----Int. Break.----
Fri. Mon.
Sat. 
Sat. Tues.
Sat.
Sat.
Sat. 

I think they may be waiting for international call ups and if they and Coventry don’t have any I guess they will play during the international break.  I don’t think there is a rule against it

58 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think they may be waiting for international call ups and if they and Coventry don’t have any I guess they will play during the international break.  I don’t think there is a rule against it

I agree that if no call ups, probably no rules against it.  But surely both clubs would have to agree to that.  I don't think that the league could force Cov. to play it then.

Do you think there would be any benefit to Cov. for them to say no to playing during the Int. Break ?

Or would they see it as being in their favour ?

Edited by RAMblingONagain

6 minutes ago, RAMblingONagain said:

I agree that if no call ups, probably no rules against it.  But surely both clubs would have to agree to that.  I don't think that the league could force Cov. to play it then.

Do you think there would be any benefit to Cov. for them to say no to playing during the Int. Break ?

Assuming neither club has opted for a summer training camp during the break, No rules to say you can or can't refuse to play, But there has to be enough notice for the game to go ahead.

9 hours ago, ram59 said:

That will teach them pulling the Covid card all the time. EFL should have took the F.A. stance and made to play their fixtures with their U23s & U18s like the Rams did in the cup. I see in the papers today, Rooney states that Rotherham should be investigated with their constant positive Covid tests continuing to keep happening. With 6 games currently against clubs in mid table to play and possibaly other fixtures being dead rubber games for their opponents when they play them at the back end of the season they could get an easy ride.

12 hours ago, RAMblingONagain said:

There are some rules about permission to play cannot be unreasonably withheld.  Just like us in the postponed game it would have been better to push the game back a little and put them under more pressure.  if they don't get it played then I think there is only one option which is Thursday 15/4.  Whether back loading their fixtures is an advantage only hindsight will tell us