New management team required - NOW

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't think Clough would have finished 3rd, but it's not beyond possibility he may have hit top 6. We'll never know.

It's not beyond possibility no, but on the balance of things I think we made the right decision at the right time. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see this interview with Henry - https://youtu.be/VDt1bxznxKg

Not saying we could get him, but would you want him? He seems to want attacking football played out from the back and talks about changing the mentality of players that pass sideways and back. Though he doesn't have much experience either. 

Just thought it would be an interesting choice if it were even possible.

2 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Not saying we could get him, but would you want him? He seems to want attacking football played out from the back and talks about changing the mentality of players that pass sideways and back. Though he doesn't have much experience either. 

We really don't need another big name with little or poor managerial experience. We've tried that before.

In order to raise cash for the club, perhaps we could do an auction? 'Manage Derby County for the rest of the season?' the highest bidder wins. 

I'd imagine that it would bring in some decent money. Rotherham may even have a extremely rich supporter who would be keen to ensure we play a squad as weak as possible to ensure that we finish below them? Who knows... 

2 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

No. We need somebody who knows what they are doing, not just a fancy name.

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

If Rooney goes, I hope half this team goes as well. 

Once our fate this season has been decided , if Wayne does not get the backing to either have a good go at the Championship or bounce back from League 1 then i can see him resigning , Mel has a decision to make either one more go at it or sell to the highest bidder , this summers make or break for the Rams

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Once our fate this season has been decided , if Wayne does not get the backing to either have a good go at the Championship or bounce back from League 1 then i can see him resigning , Mel has a decision to make either one more go at it or sell to the highest bidder , this summers make or break for the Rams

I think Wayne has already said its a big summer him and the club. 

7 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yes excellent idea let's get another big name ex pro with zero or limited managerial experience in again as obviously it's worked with Rooney, Lampard etc. 

What's Sol Campbell doing at the moment.

If he takes us down he should be shown the door nevermind resigning. 

Whilst we had a bad start, there were still 35 games to play for when Cocu left and so the minimum expectation for any manager with that amount of time was avoid relegation. If Rooney fails to do that then make no mistake he will have a had significant role in our relegation and his job would be completely untenable. 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If he takes us down he should be shown the door nevermind resigning. 

Whilst we had a bad start, there were still 35 games to play for when Cocu left and so the minimum expectation for any manager with that amount of time was avoid relegation. If Rooney fails to do that then make no mistake he will have a had significant role in our relegation and his job would be completely untenable. 

I would look at the players if I was you.... They are league 1 standard. 

He won't resign though he comes across as being totally dogmatic and blinkered to reality which comes across in the way he sets up his teams/lack of substitutions etc.

If we do get relegated can hear him coming out with some old crap about wanting to be given the opportunity to reverse what's happened feels he owes the club to turn things around blah blah.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I honestly do not believe that and I thinking suggesting as much is hyperbole and lets off the management lightly. This squad has enough in it for a midtable championship finish and a good manager would have guided us to at least a lower-mid table finish. Afterall we finished 10th last season with almost the same squad. 

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes excellent idea let's get another big name ex pro with zero or limited managerial experience in again as obviously it's worked with Rooney, Lampard etc. 

What's Sol Campbell doing at the moment.

? I wasn't saying "go get him" just thought it was another interesting choice seeing as we like Ex Pros with little experience. At least this one actually gets his team's to attack ?

Also it's an interesting interview from the point of view of how players are treated now. The Managers had had to admit that they don't have the power they once had. Henry pretty much says the players have the power now and you have to put your own ego aside and even praise players when they don't deserve it.

I imagine that philosophy is very unpopular on here as most of us us working class mortals do not have the luxury of special treatment by our managers and still being paid a month what most of us earn a year. If you performed like many of the players we have had over the past few years we wouldnt have a job. It's hard for most fans to relate to that situation and it causes friction.

Its just interesting to me that even a player of Henry's elite level has to go cap in hand to his players and convince them to play for him. Amazing how much the player/manager dynamic has changed lately.

12 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I honestly do not believe that and I thinking suggesting as much is hyperbole and lets off the management lightly. This squad has enough in it for a midtable championship finish and a good manager would have guided us to at least a lower-mid table finish. Afterall we finished 10th last season with almost the same squad. 

Think we had more depth last season and general competition for places. It might be better now with loans but if there is a comparison with benches for the most part this season and last season it looks different. 

17 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We have a poor squad but come on, waghorn, Lawrence, wisdom. It would be absolutely shocking if they were relegated to League one. They are experienced, good championship players and have been for years.

17 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We do very well against the top sides in this division so to say the players aren't good enough is wrong.

Our problems are down to coaching and tactics. 

36 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We have a poor squad but come on, waghorn, Lawrence, wisdom. It would be absolutely shocking if they were relegated to League one. They are experienced, good championship players and have been for years.

Definitely. Too many players are inconsistent though. Usually we have one or two playing badly most matches but this season every match it’s been maybe 4 or 5 or more. Maybe these players are the sort to thrive only when there is real quality around them. 

Archived