Memories of the last game at PP before Covid

Stive Pesley

I was thinking that it must be coming up to a year since the last home game at Pride Park, but couldn't for the life of me remember when it was or who we played. Just looked and it was vs Blackburn Rovers. We won 3-0.

Personally I can't remember a damn thing about the match - my only real memory was being astonished at the queue in the South Stands toilets for blokes washing their hands!

I do also remember being conscious of the fact that it might be the last game for a while, but that's it

Anyone else remember much about it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning strike by Sibley and 2 goals for CM19. Looked a comfortable win on paper but Blackburn had 2 gilt edged chances before we scored. In the end it turned out a fairly comfortable win. 

If someone had said to me after the game that it would be last time we'd see the inside of Pride Park for the best part of 18 months, I'd have had that person sectioned. 

35 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Stunning strike by Sibley and 2 goals for CM19. Looked a comfortable win on paper but Blackburn had 2 gilt edged chances before we scored. In the end it turned out a fairly comfortable win.

Ah yes - all coming back to me now. Feels like another lifetime already

I actually have clear memories of that game with a lot of us knowing it would be the last game in a while... remember it being a bizarre 1pm sunday afternoon kick off (well bizarre for us as we don't get many)

Sibley's long range effort being the stand out, and Martin's penalty to wrap up the 3points.

also remember how much I enjoyed my burger king beforehand too haha

22 minutes ago, Roots Manuva said:

I actually have clear memories of that game with a lot of us knowing it would be the last game in a while... remember it being a bizarre 1pm sunday afternoon kick off (well bizarre for us as we don't get many)

Sibley's long range effort being the stand out, and Martin's penalty to wrap up the 3points.

also remember how much I enjoyed my burger king beforehand too haha

Witness the Fitness!

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I was thinking that it must be coming up to a year since the last home game at Pride Park, but couldn't for the life of me remember when it was or who we played. Just looked and it was vs Blackburn Rovers. We won 3-0.

Personally I can't remember a damn thing about the match - my only real memory was being astonished at the queue in the South Stands toilets for blokes washing their hands!

I do also remember being conscious of the fact that it might be the last game for a while, but that's it

Sibley goal

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I remember lots about it. We were on a very good run having won away at Wendies previously where CM19 ran the show and we won 3-1. Sibley's goal, CM19 tucking away a spilt shot on the rebound from a 20 yarder from Knight (2) and a second half CM19 penalty. A very good atmosphere and their chap being chased by Curtis after a nasty tackle and then a red card. Things seem to be clicking and the presence of CM19 was a significant factor along with the emergence of Sibley and Knight. There was quite a buzz. Underlines once more how things can change quite quickly in football and in life...

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You’re never going to let me forget it, are you.

I guess not, but that doesn't mean I think any less of you.

Still think you were daft to publicly admit to doing something solo... erm... I mean so low!  

And it appears that there are some out there that seem to think you are decent sort.  Got to hand it to you, I don't know how you pull it off!

With all the stick you get, you handle it well, and hey, at least you don't go to a match just taboo!

etc... etc... 

???

Archived