The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

In persuading junior VdM to apply for university, the one he wanted could not commit to face to face tuition. He's therefore deferring for a year as he's already had his 2 year technical diploma in marine and aquatics materially impacted. 

It is having real impacts on our young people. 

I'm only observing and not making comment on the merits or otherwise of the various rules. 

And unfortunately the sentiment in your last sentence is why the Government now seem to think they can get away with literally anything.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And unfortunately the sentiment in your last sentence is why the Government now seem to think they can get away with literally anything.

Well it is not at all clear what is design or incompetence, or indeed whether institutions are acting in accordance with rules or trying their best to interpret hopelessly muddled guidance. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see the seeds are already being sewn for more restrictions this winter.

Saw this this morning and rolled my eyes...

A key strategy of this Government has been to release information through the media before it becomes reality.  I personally think that for some people, 2 jabs is enough and for a lot more people the July 19th extension is the last straw.

The GB News covid tweet I posted earlier in this thread (page 89) provided a bit of balance to the constant depressing news from BBC/Sky etc - they acknowledged that whilst infections were rising, hospital admissions had remained constant and discharge rates had improved massively with most patients only spending a couple of night in hospital now-a-days.  

I am personally sick of all the constant doom and gloom.

Edited by maxjam

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Saw this this morning and rolled my eyes.....A key strategy of this Government has been to release information through the media before it becomes reality.  I personally think that for some people, 2 jabs is enough and for a lot more people the July 19th extension is the last straw.

The GB News covid tweet I posted earlier in this thread (page 89) provided a bit of balance to the constant depressing news from BBC/Sky etc - they acknowledged that whilst infections were rising, hospital admissions had remained constant and discharge rates had improved massively with most patients only spending a couple of night in hospital now-a-days.  

I agree. Suggest you keep an eye on 'Long Covid', it's the next big 'thing'!

"Long Covid" is affecting a significant number of people in the UK, Dr Deepti Gurdasani, a clinical epidemiologist, has said.

She told BBC World News long Covid was not just limited to patients who were very ill or hospitalised. About 13% of people with just mild symptoms went on to develop long Covid with symptoms for 12 weeks or more."

Edited by RoyMac5

Some bloke on the news suggests we could have a COVID jab in one arm and a flu jab in the other at the same time this autumn.

Boris says flu may return this winter.

ive not watched the news for ages, I knew it was a mistake to keep the telly on after a superb evening of footie.

Does anyone actually believe this stuff anymore?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Saw this this morning and rolled my eyes...

A key strategy of this Government has been to release information through the media before it becomes reality.  I personally think that for some people, 2 jabs is enough and for a lot more people the July 19th extension is the last straw.

They better  not do as only been working a little while now and if crowds can go back to stadiums now and concerts can go back to normal no need for another freaking lockdown.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Long thread about why it's all still going bad...

Of course, what we will do is exactly the same as on all the other previous occasions - react too late, doing too little - and people will expect things to be different next time.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Of course, what we will do is exactly the same as on all the other previous occasions - react too late, doing too little - and people will expect things to be different next time.

I disagree. Her argument is based on 'what might happen', 'if this happens'. It's not possible to continue to stop the country based on 'if' the next VoC is resistant to the current vaccines. She states Delta is more resistant than Alpha, but she doesn't quote the 'real world' stats that have been going around of 75% effective after one jab and over 90% after two jabs for Delta - that's pretty damn impressive most vaccines ie say flu, are nowhere near that % effective. So the next VoC that hasn't yet occurred here, might be more resistant...or not.

Edited by RoyMac5

We are in for a very tough winter ( get ready for more restrictions/ controls ) ,,?

by winter how many in this country will have been vaccinated and or had covid already? 
so what we are being told is vaccines don’t work and having it ( covid itself) gives no worthwhile immunity ??‍♂️

on this basis there can literally NEVER be an end to government controlling people’s lives at the drop of a hat ,

the oldest and best trick in the book ,control the masses under the guise of keeping them safe once you’ve scared them witless and dropped a few sweets in their laps short term,

How are intelligent people swallowing this hook line and sinker even when the contradictions and different rules apply for the high ups is so in your face blatant,

the damage done to our children is already immense, never mind the world being created for them going forward

WOW

Edited by Archied

So billy Gilmour, a footballer in a bubble tests positive for covid , how’s that happen when they are all locked down and been testing negative for weeks , the players all around him in this bubble and ones he’s cuddling after games all testing negative yet this is the most highly contagious killer virus the world has known ( not a symptom in sight ,let alone a death or serious illness) 

hmmmm could it be a vaccine issue , come on kids get your vaccines, not doing so may not hurt you but it/ we could destroy your dreams and chances , my money is on he has not had the vaccine yet??‍♂️

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some bloke on the news suggests we could have a COVID jab in one arm and a flu jab in the other at the same time this autumn.

Boris says flu may return this winter.

ive not watched the news for ages, I knew it was a mistake to keep the telly on after a superb evening of footie.

Does anyone actually believe this stuff anymore?

Unfortunately there must be or there wouldnt be so little to no resistance every time they extend measures.

Lets not forget when lockdowns were introduced in December they were only until Easter (that was about 10 weeks ago now).

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

So billy Gilmour, a footballer in a bubble tests positive for covid , how’s that happen when they are all locked down and been testing negative for weeks , the players all around him in this bubble and ones he’s cuddling after games all testing negative yet this is the most highly contagious killer virus the world has known ( not a symptom in sight ,let alone a death or serious illness) 

hmmmm could it be a vaccine issue , come on kids get your vaccines, not doing so may not hurt you but it/ we could destroy your dreams and chances , my money is on he has not had the vaccine yet??‍♂️

Its also passed by airborne droplets, but although he has been ran around puffing and panting and potentially spreading it none of the other players on the pitch have to isolate. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sums things up nicely....

FB_IMG_1624340706509.jpg

Stunning isn’t it ,,, clearly shows they have no fear of the thing they have spent literally multi millions on adds and campaigns to create morbid fear of ??‍♂️
been that way since day one with your Ferguson s and Cummings ect but is even more blatant now , my god they have done a great job ,so great that people don’t even see them anymore they only see the covid projected to them under the direction of behavioural scientists  employed for just that reason

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Unfortunately there must be or there wouldnt be so little to no resistance every time they extend measures.

Lets not forget when lockdowns were introduced in December they were only until Easter (that was about 10 weeks ago now).

Part of the problem is lots now bend the rules that adversely affects them and lap up ( want to keep) the parts that are gravy train life enhancing  good??‍♂️

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I disagree. Her argument is based on 'what might happen', 'if this happens'. It's not possible to continue to stop the country based on 'if' the next VoC is resistant to the current vaccines. She states Delta is more resistant than Alpha, but she doesn't quote the 'real world' stats that have been going around of 75% effective after one jab and over 90% after two jabs for Delta - that's pretty damn impressive most vaccines ie say flu, are nowhere near that % effective. So the next VoC that hasn't yet occurred here, might be more resistant...or not.

I'm not disagreeing with the professor at all - I'm stating that the next 'crisis' - whether that's a new variant, a completely new virus or space aliens (or anything) will be responded to in exactly the same way with exactly the same approach and with exactly the same results. Too little, too ineffective, too late, too bad.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its also passed by airborne droplets, but although he has been ran around puffing and panting and potentially spreading it none of the other players on the pitch have to isolate. 

Aren’t mount and chillwell having to isolate now? There’s a picture of them hugging Gilmore after the game, there’s also loads of pictures of Scotland’s players doing the same and they lived with him for 2 days after but they’re fine ?