The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Thanks for the laugh reaction g. I mean other than you, maxjam, Norman, Archied, Anon, yourams, Mostyn, TexasRam and uttoxram75 plus a few more, there's barely a post that doesn't agree with me. 

I agree with that post 

6 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Some of the posts on here sap 50 points from your IQ. 

Your quite right , I’ve seen posts from people who seem to have a reasonable IQ and you just have to knock at the very least 50 points off when you see abuse aimed at other posters , abuse aimed at women , death or serious illness wished  on others , either that or IQ means bugger all in real life ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

14 hours ago, Archied said:

Your quite right , I’ve seen posts from people who seem to have a reasonable IQ and you just have to knock at the very least 50 points off when you see abuse aimed at other posters , abuse aimed at women , death or serious illness wished  on others , either that or IQ means bugger all in real life ??‍♂️

IQ doesn't mean bugger all, it is a useful indicator, but you should be suspicious of anyone who trumpets their own IQ score. Generally it is only resorted to in lieu of any actual achievements.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

IQ doesn't mean bugger all, it is a useful indicator, but you should be suspicious of anyone who trumpets their own IQ score. Generally it is only resorted to in lieu of any actual achievements.

Its strange.  Have a friend of a friend who works in biochemistry and is super clever.  Asked me to explain his self assessment calculation to him .  Simple as you like and he just couldn't get it.  My uncle was diagnosed with a mild form of epilepsy that was causing blackouts  and worked on scaffolding. The consultant couldn't understand why he was asking about whether he should be concerned working 200 foot up in the air on a regular basis. In my experience super brain at some things seems to switch off any common sense at others.  Almost like the brain won't cope with both.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Its strange.  Have a friend of a friend who works in biochemistry and is super clever.  Asked me to explain his self assessment calculation to him .  Simple as you like and he just couldn't get it.  My uncle was diagnosed with a mild form of epilepsy that was causing blackouts  and worked on scaffolding. The consultant couldn't understand why he was asking about whether he should be concerned working 200 foot up in the air on a regular basis. In my experience super brain at some things seems to switch off any common sense at others.  Almost like the brain won't cope with both.

The most useless colleagues I have worked with were pretty much all university graduates.

On 13/02/2022 at 21:36, Archied said:

It's a measure of how good you are at performing, primarily, intelligence tests (often involving spatial orientation, code-breaking, logic puzzles, extrapolation, abstraction etc). Where many fall down is their reliability on linguistic skills. Intelligence does not necessarily mean being a 'good' person, neither does it mean that you are learned, clever, successful or skilful.

Hitler's IQ was reputedly around 140, Napoleon estimated at around 145.

Mensa accepts members whose IQ is within the top 2% of the population, which is around 130.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's a measure of how good you are at performing, primarily, intelligence tests (often involving spatial orientation, code-breaking, logic puzzles, extrapolation, abstraction etc). Where many fall down is their reliability on linguistic skills. Intelligence does not necessarily mean being a 'good' person, neither does it mean that you are learned, clever, successful or skilful.

Hitler's IQ was reputedly around 140, Napoleon estimated at around 145.

Mensa accepts members whose IQ is within the top 2% of the population, which is around 130.

I know all that Eddie , in the same way education is no guarantee against ignorance, that’s not to say that education is not one of the best things we can do for ourselves and our children 

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Fair play to Novak Djokovic - i fully support bodily autonomy, and he definitely looks like he's in good hands medically

image.png.50eaf3786ea68dbe12291e9a9bee141d.png

image.png.3948d296d44e49d936f621a4daf93ead.png

Just a shame they couldn’t have pumped the covid jab into him when he was five ,, born too early??‍♂️

On 13/02/2022 at 13:15, Stive Pesley said:

image.png.297c195cbb1e805aa90f7c1229d90590.png

Don't get me wrong - I think there is always value in listening to what Dentist#10 has to say

But we now live in have a world where people will waste hours of their life berating people who have listened to Dentist#10 and dismissed his views as sensationalist grifting garbage

SJWs are the 10th Dentist then complain we did not start the fire.

Edited by cstand