The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Ivermectin is still undergoing trials, but maybe they should just all stop as the media have told us its useless.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/japans-kowa-says-ivermectin-effective-against-omicron-phase-iii-trial-2022-01-31/

What would a pharmaceutical company know though? That's 'pants on head silly', I read it on here!

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Debate them? You're having a laugh right?

You seem to be forgetting that we have a generation who believe their knowledge is so superior to everyone else's that they don't need to waste time debating things. All they have to do is tell you that you're wrong, label you something derogatory and then that's the debate won.

In relation to the actual article you you was discussing, I find it absolutely hilarious that the BBC think they are in a position to be fact checking anyone when it comes to reporting on Covid, they've been the biggest propoganda machine since the 1930s.

So which generation are you claiming to be the font of all knowledge. 

If as you say that the BBC are spreading propaganda. Then you must have knowledge of the true facts.

Your not a member of this supposedly knowledgeable generation that you appear to know so much about are you?

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So which generation are you claiming to be the font of all knowledge. 

If as you say that the BBC are spreading propaganda. Then you must have knowledge of the true facts.

Your not a member of this supposedly knowledgeable generation that you appear to know so much about are you?

*you're*

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

So Gove has stated that 97% of the PPE purchased was "fit for purpose".

If £8.7 billion has been written-off on crap that was unsuitable, I make the total spend on PPE £290 billion, (that's approx. £4,500 for every man woman and child in the UK, just on PPE).

More porkies.

No, the unsuitable PPE (can't find the number) is only a small part of the £8.7bn total.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

So Gove has stated that 97% of the PPE purchased was "fit for purpose".

If £8.7 billion has been written-off on crap that was unsuitable, I make the total spend on PPE £290 billion, (that's approx. £4,500 for every man woman and child in the UK, just on PPE).

More porkies.

It's purpose being to make some people's mates rich. Kerching, job done, box ticked.

14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

This from a person unable to spell propaganda. ? 

As for my own poor spelling, which I've had kindly pointed out. Will this mean I can't be part of the mythical  generation of all knowledge.

Should have had a 'proper gander' at his own post before mocking yours ?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because MSM do not give a platform to people with alternative views.

That's not true - they do when it's in their interests to do so.

For example - the much discussed TalkRadio is always having guests with controversial/alternative views. 

They are owned by Rupert Murdoch's NewsCorp

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you not think the 'official narrative has been good for many people's bank balances'

Absolutely yes - it surrounds us on all sides. 

Just take a breath and consider that the people pushing the "alternative narrative" about this all being a "Big Pharma" conspiracy are quite happy to make mountains of cash out of pandemic (by monetising people's emotions)

No one is innocent

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Just take a breath and consider that the people pushing the "alternative narrative" about this all being a "Big Pharma" conspiracy are quite happy to make mountains of cash out of pandemic (by monetising people's emotions)

No one is innocent

Problem is I can choose not to give money to David icke , joe rogan or any of the so called sensationalist but I have no such choice with the bbc who really in theory should be a source that’s trustworthy ,problem really is that the level of journalism is as poor as the level of politics,

sad state of affairs really ??‍♂️

It won’t let me add the link but has anyone seen the Matt Le Tissier interview about the vaccines? Saying what everyone else is thinking about all the young sports players around the world suddenly having heart issues. Not only sports stars it’s happening week on week at the football grounds too and all they fob it off with is “it never used to get reported” In my near on 35 years going to games i recall one occasion it happening. Something deffo isn’t right! 

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

It won’t let me add the link but has anyone seen the Matt Le Tissier interview about the vaccines? Saying what everyone else is thinking about all the young sports players around the world suddenly having heart issues. Not only sports stars it’s happening week on week at the football grounds too and all they fob it off with is “it never used to get reported” In my near on 35 years going to games i recall one occasion it happening. Something deffo isn’t right! 

I’ve read several reports stating it is not the vaccine but the virus itself.

Ultimately it’s up to you which reports you believe.

Anti-vaxxers will certainly claim its the vaccines.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

And pro vaxers will will claim it’s not the vaccines

the sensible in the middle people will believe it really needs looking into , if it wasn’t happening before vaccines and it’s happing to age groups not normally recorded as at risk from covid then surely going tribal and just dismissing it is not the right way to go ,

personally in think the move to mass vaccination of those not at risk from covid could be problematic but it needs smarter people than me to properly research what’s going on 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If you use Twitter check out a page called theysayitsrare, literally 10s of thousands of people claiming they’ve had issues following the vaccine, not all anti vaxxers, a lot of DRs and verified accounts, actors etc.

I wasn’t an anti vaxxer but I did choose to wait and see for this exact reason, it was a money race by the pharma companies who could get it out first, never enough time for proper testing. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

If you use Twitter check out a page called theysayitsrare, literally 10s of thousands of people claiming they’ve had issues following the vaccine

5 billion have had the vaccine worldwide, so 10s of thousands is quite rare TBF

Plus all of the side effects/rate of occurrence were listed at length in the paperwork they give you to read. 

Myocarditis in fit young people was a clearly listed rare side effect. So i don't get why everyone is going nuts about it when it happens to people - like it was some sort of hidden thing that they didn't tell you??

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

5 billion have had the vaccine worldwide, so 10s of thousands is quite rare TBF

Plus all of the side effects/rate of occurrence were listed at length in the paperwork they give you to read. 

Myocarditis in fit young people was a clearly listed rare side effect. So i don't get why everyone is going nuts about it when it happens to people - like it was some sort of hidden thing that they didn't tell you??

'Normal' frequency of myocarditis (from pre-Covid times) - approximately 22 per 100,000.

Frequency of myocarditis in people who had received at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine - between 7 and 15 per 100,000 in the age range 16-29.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737

Long-term studies are under way.

11 hours ago, YouRams said:

I haven't taken much notice, but a manager of a Football League club spoke out about it. Might have been Johnson at Sunderland?

Anyway, I think it was specifically the booster jab he said was causing the issues. 

Like I say, I didn't really read it beyond the title. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

'Normal' frequency of myocarditis (from pre-Covid times) - approximately 22 per 100,000.

Frequency of myocarditis in people who had received at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine - between 7 and 15 per 100,000 in the age range 16-29.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737

Long-term studies are under way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60140726

image.png.df937e9beaf7d5acae9318c045a3042e.png

So it's not the fault of the vaccine - we should have better screening. If you know you have this problem then you should absolutely not be taking the Covid vaccine. If you don't know you have the issue and you take the vaccine, well you're just going to end up an anti-vaxxer posterboy ?