The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thank you for posting a pic confirmng that neither group pay any attention to social distancing rules.

I'm sure you'll also note how tightly packed together the people in pic 2 are compared to pic 1.

Indeed - although the mask-wearing is fundamental to preventing the disease spreading, whereas social distancing OUTDOORS is far less of an issue compared to social distancing INDOORS.

More utterly futile and rancid drivel from @G STAR RAM in 5....4....3....

Edited by Eddie

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Indeed - although the mask-wearing is fundamental to preventing the disease spreading, whereas social distancing OUTDOORS is far less of an issue compared to social distancing INDOORS.

More utterly futile and rancid drivel from @G STAR RAM in 5....4....3....

How come you didnt jump in and say this when @Stive Pesleywas criticising the anti Government measures protest then?

Dont answer, we all know why. 

More virtue signalling from @Eddiein 5...4...3...

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I think this statto guy is basically right on the facts. ANd right to point out that politicans and media are rubbish at maths.

But so what?  That isn't telling us something we didn't know.

As I see it the main point about the 91% in intensive care is these are the people taking up the most intense resource.

As for it being 48% unvaccinated in hospitals well that is disproprionate to the population of unvaccinated. So the unavaccinated  are taking up a disproportionate amount of  NHS resources. You can say the same about obese people or smokers of course, but the point is  a valid one.    

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I think this statto guy is basically right on the facts. ANd right to point out that politicans and media are rubbish at maths.

As I see it the main point about the 91% in intensive care is these are the people taking up the most intense resource.

As for it being 48% unvaccinated in hospitals well that is disproprionate to the population of unvaccinated. So the unavaccinated  are taking up a disproportionate amount of  NHS resources. You can say the same about obese people or smokers of course, but the point is  a valid one.    

You would imagine that a much higher % of unvaccinated people consider themselves fit and healthy, so don't think they need to be vaccinated. If so, the mix of vaccinated vs unvaccinated would be very different.

Would be interesting to see the relative hospitialisations/deaths for each age group of people with no prior conditions.  Even then, would still be difficult to draw an accurate picture as overweight/smokers etc might be more likely to get the vaccine as they are more worried about serious illness.

Very easy to use the stats to support whatever opinion you want.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I guess the main issue is that were constantly being fed the darkest scenarios. The same scenarios are being used to curtail our freedoms. Here’s another interesting thread.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I know its kind of meant as a joke but isn't everyone looking out for themselves and doing what they believe is best for themselves and their families?

At least these people pictured have the conviction to admit they are just doing what they think is right for themselves. 

You're right unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I guess the main issue is that were constantly being fed the darkest scenarios. The same scenarios are being used to curtail our freedoms. Here’s another interesting thread.

Well I agree with what House says:

I can see why people want to say the harms of one course of action are overstated but I don't see any evidence for anything other than COVID is terrible and lock is terrible

Yet people saying COVID isn't terrible. It has been. OK, I have doubts personally whether Omicrom will be a big killer but the damage has already been done, 150,000 lives lost.  And so is lockdown a terrible thing . It's wrecked lives, businesses.

No easy answers and it doesnt help people trying to say Government is exaggerating the deaths people didn't die from COVID and all that. COVID is terrible and so is lockdown. There's no point in denying either , or that we had a terrible Hobson's choice between the two.

Personally I don't think the risks posed by Omicron are worth the cost of another lockdown.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I agree with what House says:

I can see why people want to say the harms of one course of action are overstated but I don't see any evidence for anything other than COVID is terrible and lock is terrible

Yet people saying COVID isn't terrible. It has been. OK, I have doubts personally whether Omicrom will be a big killer but the damage has already been done, 150,000 lives lost.  And so is lockdown a terrible thing . It's wrecked lives, businesses.

No easy answers and it doesnt help people trying to say Government is exaggerating the deaths people didn't die from COVID and all that. COVID is terrible and so is lockdown. There's no point in denying either , or that we had a terrible Hobson's choice between the two.

Personally I don't think the risks posed by Omicron are worth the cost of another lockdown.

I don't think I've seen a single person say that on this forum.

I think the response has to be proportionate and backed up with logic.

The first lockdown was exactly that.

The current measures I'm not so sure.

There seems to be data out there suggesting that this variant is not not so dangerous but it seems we want to do everything possible to ignore that evidence. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't think I've seen a single person say that on this forum.

I think the response has to be proportionate and backed up with logic.

The first lockdown was exactly that.

The current measures I'm not so sure.

There seems to be data out there suggesting that this variant is not not so dangerous but it seems we want to do everything possible to ignore that evidence. 

Oh there's plenty of people on the internet, espceially early in the pandemic  saying "It's just the flu", "People dying with COVID not from it" all that sort of thing. 

5 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't remember having an opinion on it either. We're so alike!

Now what's your opinion on the mugs demonstrating yesterday? What was their aim? What are they trying to achieve? Have they actually thought it through?

Or just go ahead and deflect by going on about something you can't remember that I may or may not have said last year about something unrelated

My point is people being all aggressive Johnny big spuds on internet sites ( people need to grow up) and they are related , they are both mass gatherings , from your view people who disagree with restrictions regards  being allowed to mix with other people should not be allowed to protest because it means mixing ?,

are you calling out those morons attending Derby games and other football matches with the silly site anger 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

And drinkers and victims of drinkers ?

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh there's plenty of people on the internet, espceially early in the pandemic  saying "It's just the flu", "People dying with COVID not from it" all that sort of thing. 

Yes and most, myself included, are happy to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong.

The Government have admitted though that they were deliberately trying to scare people into accepting the restrictions. 

Once they have used that tactic once, and it has worked, then it is obvious that they will use it again.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

My point is people being all aggressive Johnny big spuds on internet sites ( people need to grow up) and they are related , they are both mass gatherings , from your view people who disagree with restrictions regards  being allowed to mix with other people should not be allowed to protest because it means mixing ?,

are you calling out those morons attending Derby games and other football matches with the silly site anger 

Yes but you do realise how bad it is looked upon to level any criticism at BLM?

Much easier to be hypocritical and brush it under the carpet and post up an image that you can find with lots of them wearing masks and find one of the current protests with people not wearing masks.