The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Whatever your problem is, I doubt it's anything to do with the vaccine. 

I was really, REALLY ill for more than 10 days after my latest booster last month. I also had the 'flu jab at the same time, so I'm not sure whether it was one or the other, both or something completely unrelated. Saying that, that experience won't stop me having another shot of either when the time comes.

I am a reasonably intelligent person with a more than limited grounding in the pharmaceutical sciences (10 years in research before I switched to IT), and I recognise that vaccination is NOT immunisation - merely protection against some of the worst effects of the virus. I have little time for people who say things like "I had the shot but I still got Covid, therefore I'm not having another because it doesn't work". 

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

FWIW, I had two vaccines, but refused any boosters. In my mind, since either having Covid or since the jabs, I’ve been struggling to recover from flus, colds and chest infections. For the first time in my life, I had to use Antibiotics for a chest infection this year. I was choking and short of breath for the whole of June. I’m struggling now but not as bad as then. Now it may be coincidental, but the “conspiracists” did say that the vaccine would impact the immune system more than it would aid it. 

So you've had to use antibiotics for a chest infection, since you've had covid and two doses of the vaccine. But you are seemingly going down the "conspiracists" route, implying that the culprit for you slow recovery is the vaccine. You could just as easily be suffering from a form of long covid caused by the virus and what you are experiencing could be a lot more severe, if not for the vaccine doses you had.

Whatever the cause of your slow recovery, hopefully you'll eventually be back to normal.

But hay, if the conspiracists are right and we have been pumped full of a drug designed to incapacitate us.  Anyone want to give a sane and logical reason why and what they would gain?

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I was really, REALLY ill for more than 10 days after my latest booster last month. I also had the 'flu jab at the same time, so I'm not sure whether it was one or the other, both or something completely unrelated. Saying that, that experience won't stop me having another shot of either when the time comes.

I am a reasonably intelligent person with a more than limited grounding in the pharmaceutical sciences (10 years in research before I switched to IT), and I recognise that vaccination is NOT immunisation - merely protection against some of the worst effects of the virus. I have little time for people who say things like "I had the shot but I still got Covid, therefore I'm not having another because it doesn't work". 

Could very well be the flu jab , a friend has it every year with no probs but a few years ago he had the same thing after it ,ie very very poorly, he has diabetes so has his jab every year and will carry on doing so as he will with the covid jabs , 

seems sensible to me and his choice , im not seeing too many people saying covid jabs should be stopped right now for all ( don’t think so myself) , but I do believe because of the rush / need to get the covid jabs out proper testing could not be done and it appears phizer may have been a bit dodgy even under those circumstances so open investigation , collection of data and reporting of vaccine harms in people as a result of mass vaccination programs seems the best way to establish the best use of these covid vaccines in terms of risk reward , the problem is that’s not what is happening, harms are being ignored and swept under the carpet and that’s daft as we all know that no medical procedure is without risks ,

ffs find out what they are, to what extent and to whom , this is where I believe greed and profit takes over with the pushing of jab after jab being pushed in all groups even down to babies as young as 6 months in some countries 

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So you've had to use antibiotics for a chest infection, since you've had covid and two doses of the vaccine. But you are seemingly going down the "conspiracists" route, implying that the culprit for you slow recovery is the vaccine. You could just as easily be suffering from a form of long covid caused by the virus and what you are experiencing could be a lot more severe, if not for the vaccine doses you had.

Whatever the cause of your slow recovery, hopefully you'll eventually be back to normal.

But hay, if the conspiracists are right and we have been pumped full of a drug designed to incapacitate us.  Anyone want to give a sane and logical reason why and what they would gain?

Look your just as guilty of choosing what you want to feel the cause could be ( long covid) , you then go full on conspiracy theory accusation with the Jab designed to incapacitate, harm when perhaps the simple answer to your what would they gain is good old fashioned profit which lets be honest is nearly always the simple explanation for stuff rather than outlandish conspiracy claims 

balance , balance, balance , you don’t have to be full on fairy tale or full on conspiracy theorist,if both sides of this divide were open to information that didn’t sit with they’re chosen position we may find we have a vaccine that is fantastic if used in the right way and right circumstances ??‍♂️

Not sure why anyone would choose to have the COVID booster and the flu jab at the same time - both have been known to make people feel crap afterwards so folk decide to double their chances of being ill? I guess it’s mainly people being too lazy to go to two separate appointments….

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Not sure why anyone would choose to have the COVID booster and the flu jab at the same time - both have been known to make people feel crap afterwards so folk decide to double their chances of being ill? I guess it’s mainly people being too lazy to go to two separate appointments….

I didn’t have both together (refused the flu one as it’s made me ill in the past )  but my Mum was given no choice by the Heath visitor. Whacked both in even though she asked for them separately. She had a bad headache for about 3 days after . 
NHS seem to be offering both at the same time so probably more about “efficiency “ than any laziness. 

On 04/11/2022 at 07:28, PistoldPete said:

We have already done this literally to death .. there are plenty of articles about this. Excess deaths have been at just over 1,000 per week for last five months… so about 22k. Around half of those have been COVID. Around 3,000 due to heatwave.

The remainder due to NHS not coping with backlog from Covid and generally short of key staff. 

None due to heart conditions then?

30 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I didn’t have both together (refused the flu one as it’s made me ill in the past )  but my Mum was given no choice by the Heath visitor. Whacked both in even though she asked for them separately. She had a bad headache for about 3 days after . 
NHS seem to be offering both at the same time so probably more about “efficiency “ than any laziness. 

I know they’re offering them together (I know quite a few who’ve had them), but I’m surprised so many are agreeing - why take the risk of being ill if you don’t need to. Your mum’s health visitor was bang out of order ignoring your mum’s request…..

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

None due to heart conditions then?

Cardiovascular conditions account for  lot of deaths, and often need emergency treatment. Or indeed routine monitoring and care. The former is sadly deficient now, the latter pretty absent during the pandemic. 

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I know they’re offering them together (I know quite a few who’ve had them), but I’m surprised so many are agreeing - why take the risk of being ill if you don’t need to. Your mum’s health visitor was bang out of order ignoring your mum’s request…..

Also it seems quite a few are having this reaction so it would be wise to give separately to establish which one is causing it in people or if it’s the combo of giving together which is quite poss

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Cardiovascular conditions account for  lot of deaths, and often need emergency treatment. Or indeed routine monitoring and care. The former is sadly deficient now, the latter pretty absent during the pandemic. 

Seems a bit like taking the view during covid that old people die,,, nothing to see here then ,,,, hmmmmm

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

It's probably not worth it but I would Imagine your mum has grounds to make a complaint. Unless it's life saving urgent treatment, I don't think anyone should be injected with something without giving consent especially because, as you say, she specifically asked for them to be given separately. 

On 04/11/2022 at 07:28, PistoldPete said:

We have already done this literally to death .. there are plenty of articles about this. Excess deaths have been at just over 1,000 per week for last five months… so about 22k. Around half of those have been COVID. Around 3,000 due to heatwave.

The remainder due to NHS not coping with backlog from Covid and generally short of key staff. 

Right so just did a bit of research into your figures.

Excess deaths for the week ending 21 October were 1714.

Covid deaths for the same period were 735.

So thats around 40%.

So for a 5 month period we are looking at closer to 40,000 excess deaths.

Obviously no heatwave deaths at this time of year, so are we blaming around 1000 deaths per week on a failing NHS?

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Right so just did a bit of research into your figures.

Excess deaths for the week ending 21 October were 1714.

Covid deaths for the same period were 735.

So thats around 40%.

So for a 5 month period we are looking at closer to 40,000 excess deaths.

Obviously no heatwave deaths at this time of year, so are we blaming around 1000 deaths per week on a failing NHS?

Here are the figures for the period ending 21 October.. 21,500 excess deaths for the whole calendar year to date. Including COVID deaths.  

https://www.actuaries.org.uk/learn-and-develop/continuous-mortality-investigation/other-cmi-outputs/mortality-monitor

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Quite the opposite. The fact that people who could have survived are dying due to NHS shortcomings is plenty to see and needs to be addressed.  

Bit of a twist there?,, you know the point was you were all in on covid deaths being covid with no mitigating factors apart from covid was the deadly killer to us all , now you want to pull every possible scenario theory out of the sky to look away from deaths now ( many many young and healthy people and unexplained deaths,,sad, sudden adult deaths) ,nothing to see , I say again ,,,hmmmmm chin y chin chin

Edited by Archied

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have a look at how long it takes to call an ambulance! Then wonder where you'll be put if you get to hospital. Get an appointment for a possible serious problem, waiting times to see consultants. Underfunded, under staffed. Oh, I don't know but without really looking into it deeply I'd say the answer to your question is unfortunately, yes.

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have a look at how long it takes to call an ambulance! Then wonder where you'll be put if you get to hospital. Get an appointment for a possible serious problem, waiting times to see consultants. Underfunded, under staffed. Oh, I don't know but without really looking into it deeply I'd say the answer to your question is unfortunately, yes.

Not tried anything recently but, in previous experience, I'd say this has been the case for many years. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So are you saying it’s possibly a mix vaccine harm and damage done by covid policies?