The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And as explained on numerous ocassions, there is no such thing as 'the science', there are many scientists out there that have a different opinion to the one you choose to listen to, its just that they dont get access to the platforms to the media that you use.

As @maxjamhas pointed out, the term nutjob will also be applied to people without any basis, other than a difference if opinion. 

When you say many scientists have a different opinion to the one I choose to listen to do you think the ‘many’ is more, less or the same as the ones I choose to listen to?

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

When you say many scientists have a different opinion to the one I choose to listen to do you think the ‘many’ is more, less or the same as the ones I choose to listen to?

I have absolutely no idea.

I'd like equal coverage given to both sides of the argument so people can make their own minds up.

I'll give you a good example, based on what we are told over here, you would believe 'the science, if for children to get vaccinated...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have absolutely no idea.

I'd like equal coverage given to both sides of the argument so people can make their own minds up.

I'll give you a good example, based on what we are told over here, you would believe 'the science, if for children to get vaccinated...

Is that what the WHO are recommending?

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Would you say boris got more or less support than labour at the election ? Would you say more or less people wanted brexit ? Would you say more or less people believed the world was flat back in the day and like now you had to be pretty brave to speak out and claim / support it being round ??‍♂️

57 minutes ago, Archied said:

As I’m happy to keep a roof over the heads of the covoholics, 

ps ,I did know you were a sparky ,read it a few times on here ??‍♂️, the post was a presumptuous barb mirroring yours re mostyn and predictably Gainsborough jumped in rubbing his hands with glee????

Yeah but I ain’t got no mates.

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What if it just takes one scientist going against the narrative to be right?

Ignaz Semmelweis (from the wiki)

Despite various publications of results where hand washing reduced mortality to below 1%, Semmelweis's observations conflicted with the established scientific and medical opinions of the time and his ideas were rejected by the medical community.

He could offer no acceptable scientific explanation for his findings, and some doctors were offended at the suggestion that they should wash their hands and mocked him for it. In 1865, the increasingly outspoken Semmelweis supposedly suffered a nervous breakdown and was committed to an asylum by his colleagues.

In the asylum he was beaten by the guards. He died 14 days later from a gangrenous wound on his right hand that may have been caused by the beating.

Semmelweis's practice earned widespread acceptance only years after his death, when Louis Pasteur confirmed the germ theory, and Joseph Lister, acting on the French microbiologist's research, practised and operated using hygienic methods, with great success.

34 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What if it just takes one scientist going against the narrative to be right?

Ignaz Semmelweis (from the wiki)

Despite various publications of results where hand washing reduced mortality to below 1%, Semmelweis's observations conflicted with the established scientific and medical opinions of the time and his ideas were rejected by the medical community.

He could offer no acceptable scientific explanation for his findings, and some doctors were offended at the suggestion that they should wash their hands and mocked him for it. In 1865, the increasingly outspoken Semmelweis supposedly suffered a nervous breakdown and was committed to an asylum by his colleagues.

In the asylum he was beaten by the guards. He died 14 days later from a gangrenous wound on his right hand that may have been caused by the beating.

Semmelweis's practice earned widespread acceptance only years after his death, when Louis Pasteur confirmed the germ theory, and Joseph Lister, acting on the French microbiologist's research, practised and operated using hygienic methods, with great success.

History is littered with stories about scientists being ridiculed for their ideas, then later proven to be right

The difference is - scientists back then were motivated by the idea of being "right" - not by the idea of gathering a social media audience and therefore notoriety, and ultimately fame and riches via holding contrary opinions.

Unless you're telling me that Semmelweis was a regular on Talk Radio too ?

It's kind of funny because no matter which direction each of us approach the argument from - we are all actually saying the same thing when you boil it down

You can't trust the messaging you get from anyone who is earning money from that message

That goes for the government, the media, the quacks on Talk Radio et al, and grifters like the Ickes. They all want to control the narrative so that they get rich and famous. They will all literally say anything if it inflates their bank accounts and their egos

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Boycie I've never been abroad to anywhere that requires a jab, however, if I went somewhere that required one, I know that those jabs are established, tried, tested and trusted.

Well let’s hope the EU don’t ask for covid passports as a condition of travel going forward. 

22 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

History is littered with stories about scientists being ridiculed for their ideas, then later proven to be right

The difference is - scientists back then were motivated by the idea of being "right" - not by the idea of gathering a social media audience and therefore notoriety, and ultimately fame and riches via holding contrary opinions.

It's kind of funny because no matter which direction each of us approach the argument from - we are all actually saying the same thing when you boil it down

You can't trust the messaging you get from anyone who is earning money from that message

That goes for the government, the media, the quacks on Talk Radio et al, and grifters like the Ickes. They all want to control the narrative so that they get rich and famous. They will all literally say anything if it inflates their bank accounts and their egos

I think Semmelweis absolutely would've used a platform like talk radio to discuss his ideas if it had been available to him. It would've made it a damn sight more difficult for them to disappear him away to an asylum.

16 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

and grifters like the Ickes

this amuses me. The Ickes generally give their messages/opinions/propaganda away for free, but it was clearly exposing so many people that they were silenced by mainstream media. Ironically, they have to now fund their own platforms, so any money they make is cos they were silenced by the social media companies for going against the narrative.

Interestingly, David Icke exposed Jimmy Saville (and other powerful pedofiles) 12 years before he was officially outed and was ridiculed and discredited by the very same establishments that discredit him now.

I consider the Ickes as close friends, and am slightly offended on their behalf by your generalisation. I am willing to guess you've never listened to a thing Gareth or Jaymie have said, or watched any speech they've ever given, in fact I would predict you have no interest in doing so. That is your prerogative. I however, whilst not always agreeing, do listen and watch. It's funny how almost every prediction since the first mentions of Covid in January 2020, have actually come true, from Lockdowns, to Vaccinations, to Vaccine Passports, to creations of division, to silencing of voices... you name it, they were right.

Still can't work out what the end game is for all this social manipulation. Money? Because the biggest gains seem to have been Bezos and Musk. How did they manipulate China, Australia, Germany, Spain, Greece, Italy and the USA (and more) to adopt the measures they took, all independently of each other? 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Still can't work out what the end game is for all this social manipulation. Money? Because the biggest gains seem to have been Bezos and Musk. How did they manipulate China, Australia, Germany, Spain, Greece, Italy and the USA (and more) to adopt the measures they took, all independently of each other? 

The great reset. Build back better. World Economic Forum. 

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

this amuses me. The Ickes generally give their messages/opinions/propaganda away for free, but it was clearly exposing so many people that they were silenced by mainstream media. Ironically, they have to now fund their own platforms, so any money they make is cos they were silenced by the social media companies for going against the narrative.

Interestingly, David Icke exposed Jimmy Saville (and other powerful pedofiles) 12 years before he was officially outed and was ridiculed and discredited by the very same establishments that discredit him now.

I consider the Ickes as close friends, and am slightly offended on their behalf by your generalisation. I am willing to guess you've never listened to a thing Gareth or Jaymie have said, or watched any speech they've ever given, in fact I would predict you have no interest in doing so. That is your prerogative. I however, whilst not always agreeing, do listen and watch. It's funny how almost every prediction since the first mentions of Covid in January 2020, have actually come true, from Lockdowns, to Vaccinations, to Vaccine Passports, to creations of division, to silencing of voices... you name it, they were right.

So you believe in shape shifting lizards then?

33 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Thats one way of looking at it. 

Another would be to see that history is full of people that went against what was the accepted norm for their times which ended up costing them their jobs, sanity or lives because above all, they knew they were right.  They felt compelled to speak up regardless of any financial incentive.

Re. the highlighted part I would agree entirely.  Which I why I would like to see what Dr. Malone said tested.  Arguing about whether Joe Rogan is a right wing bullshitter or not detracts from the message.  Being concerned that Talk Radio make a few quid from clicks because they had on 'person X'  isn't really the point.  The message is the point.  

Dr. Malone presented a lot of 'facts' during the 3hr interview and backed some of them up with data.  He is either right or wrong.  He has a history that lends me to believe that his claims are at least worthy of discussion.  He also called out several people and companies in the 10m clip I posted for withholding data on Ivermectin and early treatment for covid that has allegedly led to the deaths of 500k+ Americans.  I don't suppose he said that lightly.  If if isn't 100% accurate you would expect to see him sued for the clothes on his back after such comments. 

Just now, sage said:

So you believe in shape shifting lizards then?

Personally, NO. But I don’t believe in god either. I do believe in extra-terrestrials though and my mind is littered with questions for which there is no answer. Then I go and watch Interstellar and end up more confused. 

You?