The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have linked a post up above where @Archiedwas accused of putting people's lives at risk, only had to go 2 pages back to find it. It doesn't surprise me that you 'missed' this accusation as it probably just blended in with all of the other insults. 

Why do I know that one poster should expect more negative responses than another when basically both are doubting the vaccine? What possible logic is there behind that other than people are just attacking posters rather than the message they are conveying?

I pity you that you don't have the conviction to hold all posters to the same standards, sad to see that you would stoop to, what in effect, is pretty much internet bullying.

I find your post distasteful to be honest, you accuse people of internet bullying yet you refuse to have the vaccine - funny sort of logic if you ask me ?

I get my second jab this week.

Here in Mexico there has been plenty of controversy over the virus of course.

Mexico has a culture of mis-trust due to years of government corruption. In my particular state, when the vaccine became available for 30-39 year olds, it was documented that only 40% registered for it and they ended up with a surplus.

Many people, who are not doctors or have any medical background, have gone against WHO advice and many experts to instead listen to a small minority. 

In Mexico, where obesity and poverty is so high among many, it’s a dangerous precedent.

Saying that, the way the government flips from one rule to the other leaves so many questions unanswered. We’re still in lockdown, beaches have had a 30% capacity limit for well over a year while schools remain closed, yet cases have supposedly dropped significantly enough over the past month to allow kids to return in September. 

Edited by Bris Vegas

I read so many different opinions on this thread and I agree and disagree with them in equal proportions. I've been double jabbed although whether or not I will regret that decision in the future depends on whether or not I develop some condition which is proven to be vaccine related. The decisions I have taken regarding my own health have been based on what I have heard and read from scientists and medics. I know that this information can only be based on what we know at present and that experts are still experimenting and learning from statistics as they become available but at present I can only act on what I have heard, knowing that it is an incomplete understanding. No doubt at some point (hopefully sooner than later) we will understand much more about this virus, but at present each person has to act on what they perceive to be the best course of action at a particular time depending on family circumstances. This virus struck quickly and the response was to develop a quick vaccine to deal with the short term problem. How this will pan out in terms of possible health difficulties in the long term I really don't know.

But that is my point. It would be much better if we could respect each others opinions without resorting to intolerance. Everyone on this thread has an opinion based on experience, mind-set, personal circumstances etc. Conspiracy theories?  None of us (I think) are scientists, experts, medical professionals. We are a disparate group of people, united by our love for Derby County and whilst we put forward opinions, none of us really know. Keep safe!❤️

50 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I read so many different opinions on this thread and I agree and disagree with them in equal proportions. I've been double jabbed although whether or not I will regret that decision in the future depends on whether or not I develop some condition which is proven to be vaccine related. The decisions I have taken regarding my own health have been based on what I have heard and read from scientists and medics. I know that this information can only be based on what we know at present and that experts are still experimenting and learning from statistics as they become available but at present I can only act on what I have heard, knowing that it is an incomplete understanding. No doubt at some point (hopefully sooner than later) we will understand much more about this virus, but at present each person has to act on what they perceive to be the best course of action at a particular time depending on family circumstances. This virus struck quickly and the response was to develop a quick vaccine to deal with the short term problem. How this will pan out in terms of possible health difficulties in the long term I really don't know.

But that is my point. It would be much better if we could respect each others opinions without resorting to intolerance. Everyone on this thread has an opinion based on experience, mind-set, personal circumstances etc. Conspiracy theories?  None of us (I think) are scientists, experts, medical professionals. We are a disparate group of people, united by our love for Derby County and whilst we put forward opinions, none of us really know. Keep safe!❤️

Indeed - deaths aside, the worst thing about this pandemic is that it happened in the age of social media

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Indeed - deaths aside, the worst thing about this pandemic is that it happened in the age of social media

God you must be joking ,,, imagine only mainstream media through this ,the world would be a cowering jibbering wreck 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

God you must be joking ,,, imagine only mainstream media through this ,the world would be a cowering jibbering wreck 

Ha. I'd suggest you read up on your history.

As the 1918 Flu Emerged, Cover-Up and Denial Helped It Spread - HISTORY

"Both newspapers and public officials claimed during the flu’s first wave in the spring and early summer of 1918 that it wasn’t a serious threat. The Illustrated London News wrote that the 1918 flu was “so mild as to show that the original virus is becoming attenuated by frequent transmission.” Sir Arthur Newsholme, chief medical officer of the British Local Government Board, suggested it was unpatriotic to be concerned with the flu rather than the war, Arnold says."

21 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bit awkward when you've spent most of the last year on this thread telling everyone that it is already? 

Yes but a bit like masks and lockdowns imagine what it would have been without ,, get Ferguson to model it ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha. I'd suggest you read up on your history.

As the 1918 Flu Emerged, Cover-Up and Denial Helped It Spread - HISTORY

"Both newspapers and public officials claimed during the flu’s first wave in the spring and early summer of 1918 that it wasn’t a serious threat. The Illustrated London News wrote that the 1918 flu was “so mild as to show that the original virus is becoming attenuated by frequent transmission.” Sir Arthur Newsholme, chief medical officer of the British Local Government Board, suggested it was unpatriotic to be concerned with the flu rather than the war, Arnold says."

1918 ? Didn’t they still use electric shock treatment on the mentally ill and lock up unmarried mothers ?

Too many important and famous people have followed protocol / had the vaccine for the virus to be either a hoax or non-threatening. I mean, sport and entertainment for instance is one of the biggest industries worldwide, and both have been impacted greatly since the virus outbreak.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Too many important and famous people have followed protocol / had the vaccine for the virus to be either a hoax or non-threatening. I mean, sport and entertainment for instance is one of the biggest industries worldwide, and both have been impacted greatly since the virus outbreak.

And many haven't.  If we just stick to the Premier League there are numerous articles about players not having their jabs.  I just grabbed the first 3 here;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15748599/premier-league-efl-covid-vaccination/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-newcastle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-covid-vaccine-b1897614.html

I'm not sure anyone (thats relatively sane) thinks covid is a hoax, especially not on here but the degree to which you might see it as threatening is debatable. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

And many haven't.  If we just stick to the Premier League there are numerous articles about players not having their jabs.  I just grabbed the first 3 here;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15748599/premier-league-efl-covid-vaccination/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-newcastle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-news-covid-vaccine-b1897614.html

I'm not sure anyone (thats relatively sane) thinks covid is a hoax, especially not on here but the degree to which you might see it as threatening is debatable. 

Would you say many? On the articles you just posted there were individual incidents and ‘some’ players.

Doesn’t exactly sound like a majority.

There will be people in all professions in all walks of life who refuse the vaccine. Some of them are doing so on the words of uneducated scaremongers online. Some may have valid reasons.

Either way we will all have to live with the virus as it isn’t going to disappear anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Would you say many? On the articles you just posted there were individual incidents and ‘some’ players.

Doesn’t exactly sound like a majority.

There will be people in all professions in all walks of life who refuse the vaccine. Some of them are doing so on the words of uneducated scaremongers online. Some may have valid reasons.

Either way we will all have to live with the virus as it isn’t going to disappear anytime soon.

Many is ambiguous, I have no idea what the actual number is.  According to the following article however Neil Warnock says, "For whatever reason, the majority of the players don’t have vaccinations which I think is wrong." 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/warnock-hits-out-covid-footballers-24702996

FWIW, I don't think the players, or anyone for that matter, should be pressured into having the vaccine.  Furthermore your own private medical history shouldn't be up for discussion if you don't want it to be. 

If you yourself are vaccinated, you are as safe as you can be from covid.  Given that the vaccinated can catch and spread covid at broadly similar rates to the unvaccinated, the unvaccinated are potentially only putting themselves at risk and whilst that may be disruptive for a football team in this case, unless you are going to pin players down and forcably inject them there is little anyone can do.