The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just because another (I'm presuming) non-scientist can't explain the science behind why you think some of your family didn't catch covid doesn't mean the science is nonsense.

Out of interest have you heard of people being asymptomatic? Possibly having already caught it made catching it again less likely. Lots of possible scenarios. 

As for why would you take things fed to you as gospel, because you aren't educated in the correct areas to make more than suppositions or guesswork. Again what is your scientific background, 'O' level biology?

So guess work ??‍♂️
strange you didn’t pull the original poster on him saying he didn’t catch covid from his partner because he was vaccinated, why not tell HIM there’s plenty reasons he didn’t catch it rather than just because he was vaccinated?

Edited by Archied

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

So guess work ??‍♂️

No you're dangerously spouting guesswork. You haven't any educated basis for what you're saying and you're putting other people's lives at risk with your anti-vaccine nonsense.

Edited by RoyMac5

Let's be honest, the argument that your partner had Covid and you didn't because you were vaccinated is a terrible one. Let's save a few pages and everyone's blood pressure by dropping it. There's no point arguing about it. 

In other news, the experimental drug administered by IV drips straight into your blood stream that Trump took has been proven to reduce deaths and need for ventilators in those who cannot build up their own antibodies. It can be injected now too. Approved in USA, but its very expensive. 6,000 dollars a go, apparently. And that's for the first treatment.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No you're dangerously spouting guesswork. You haven't any educated basis for what you're saying and you're putting other people's lives at risk with your anti-vaccine nonsense.

Nope , just replying to guesswork, dangerously, putting people’s lives at risk ,,, ,,,, get a grip your spouting official follow without question rubbish

you have no educated basis for what your saying or choose to believe as is the case with the vast majority of people out there whether they are follow the line or question the line ?

Edited by Archied

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope , just replying to guesswork, dangerously, putting people’s lives at risk ,,, ,,,, get a grip your spouting official follow without question rubbish

As I said you have no educational qualifications to question anything the Govt's scientific advisors say. Don't say you're using common sense because that would just have me guffawing with laughter. Science is a bit complicated.

Edited by RoyMac5

I've a similar tale to @JoetheRam.

My lad went off to watch the Euro semi with his mates, got pinged on the day of the final and told to isolate.

Stayed in his room all day, but no chance we weren't going to watch the final together.

He'd had one jab, Mrs Rev and I two.

Over the course of the evening, it's not possible to imagine getting closer for longer, as I'm sure you can imagine.

He came down with Covid 2 days later, yet we were fine.

Maybe it was the jab, maybe pure luck, it doesn't seem to follow any logical course as far as I can see.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said you have no educational qualifications to question anything the Govt's scientific advisors say. Don't say you're using common sense because that would just have me guffawing with laughter. Science is a bit complicated.

As I said , neither do you have the educational qualifications to verify anything the GOVERNMENTS chosen scientists say ( when they choose to follow them ) , choosing to follow the likes of boris without question just has me guffawing with laughter 

Edited by Archied

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

As I said , neither do you have the educational qualifications to verify anything the GOVERNMENTS chosen scientists say ( when they choose to follow them ) , choosing to follow the likes of boris without question just has me guffawing with laughter 

Unlike you I have a scientific educational background. But still I am not an expert.

Edited by RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unlike you I have a scientific educational background. But still I am not an expert.

Ok then again with your scientific background , explain why you choose to accept without question one poster stating he did not catch covid from his infected partner because he was vaccinated but come up with a myriad of reasons myself and family did not catch it from my partner when not vaccinated as has been the case for many many people ? When even officially it’s accepted vaccinated do catch and spread covid
I now know more people who have caught it after two jabs than I did before jabs??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I am making it clear to you that you are basing your ideas about living through a pandemic on nothing more than Facebook posts and memes. And no I am not an epidemiologist. But then I'm not seeing the weird scenarios you are.

Anyway this hasn't been fun.

I don’t do Facebook ,Twitter or any of that stuff so yet another blanket veiled insult which just doesn’t cut it ,,,

the constant theme on here since the start has been to dismiss and rubbish any highly qualified medical and scientific background people who disagree with the government scientists because they are not specifically epidemiologist s , has that now changed ? What is your scientific background, is it relevant to the subject or not ?

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok then again with your scientific background , explain why you choose to accept without question one poster stating he did not catch covid from his infected partner because he was vaccinated but come up with a myriad of reasons myself and family did not catch it from my partner when not vaccinated as has been the case for many many people ? 
I now know more people who have caught it after two jabs than I did before jabs??‍♂️

It's not that simple, that's what you don't get. But you want a nice pat reason as to why someone did and someone didn't catch covid. Not going to happen.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not that simple, that's what you don't get. But you want a nice pat reason as to why someone did and someone didn't catch covid. Not going to happen.

Too right it’s not that simple ,I’m not expecting a pat answer at all , I know people wh hardly if ever catch a cold or flue and others who constantly catch every one that goes around , what is simple is why you choose to accept without question the poster did not catch it because he was vaccinated, that’s the question asked and avoided along with your scientific qualifications, what level in what field? 

again what’s your scientific background / qualifications, because you seem to think it’s ok to dismiss people with qualifications like professor guptra or Mike yeardon but we must bow to the vague claims of scientific background of Roy Mac posting on a football forum ,

Edited by Archied

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

what is simple is why you choose to accept without question the poster did not catch it because he was vaccinated, that’s the question asked and avoided along with your scientific qualifications, what level in what field? 

How does he know he didn't catch it? Asymptomatic?

You want a pat answer there is only one. We've lived through a pandemic.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Let's be honest, the argument that your partner had Covid and you didn't because you were vaccinated is a terrible one. Let's save a few pages and everyone's blood pressure by dropping it. There's no point arguing about it. 

In other news, the experimental drug administered by IV drips straight into your blood stream that Trump took has been proven to reduce deaths and need for ventilators in those who cannot build up their own antibodies. It can be injected now too. Approved in USA, but its very expensive. 6,000 dollars a go, apparently. And that's for the first treatment.

Tested it on the Donald, they should have tried a bit of bleach see how he likes it. Trouduc.

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does he know he didn't catch it? Asymptomatic?

You want a pat answer there is only one. We've lived through a pandemic.

He said he tested and was negative, why were you not telling him that he couldn’t claim he didn’t catch it because he was vaccinated then ? Unless that sits fine with your view of things , yet jump on me and accuse me of putting lives in danger when I point out what you now say yourself , this science stuff seems proper complicated

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How is the poster putting lives at danger out of interest?

I've also not seen any anti-vaccine nonesense from him, he has said he is double jabbed which would seem to indicate, to me anyway, that he is not anti vaccine. 

The poster actually raised a valid point. @JoetheRamclaimed it was the vaccine stopped him from catching Covid from his partner, and although that may have been the case, there is no way of knowing if it did, the poster then gave an example which proved its not always the vaccine that stops you from catching it from your partner. 

Seems you are just attacking the poster rather than any point they have made on the basis they are not a scientific expert?

You may not have noticed but despite the number of scientific experts across the world, the number of deaths from this pandemic is in the millions, so they obviously don't always get everything right...

Was the science nonsense or gospel when the experts initially told everyone that masks were pointless?

Was the science nonsense or gospel when the experts decreed it was racist to limit travel from China and international borders should remain open?

It's difficult to tell the difference between experts and conspiracy theorists nowadays, especially when one can easily morph into the other.