13, well, 14 really.

sage

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

The advantage Rooney has with this as opposed to previous managers is that he has the luxury of not having a squad of players tied into obscenely paid long contracts whom have no desire or compunction to be moved on.

Agreed, it’s an advantage compared to those that created and put us in that mess, but it’s definitely one advantage I feel he will definitely exploit. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure if you should include Ibe in the list seeing as he's never kicked a ball in anger for us or otherwise. Or MTW as he's only played what twice or three times for us. You can't miss something that you never had.

This season..... He's been here before remember ?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought It was about how many points we need for the play offs...

No. It's how many people I put on ignore after reading the coronavirus thread for 20 minutes. 

GK: Marshall, Roos, Foster 

RB: Byrne

LB: Buch, Fozzy

CB: Clarke, Wisdom, Macdonald, Evans

DM: Bird, Bielik 

CM: Shinnie, Sibley, Knight, Watson

LW/RW: Lawrence, Waghorn, JML, Joz, Ibe

ST: CKR, Hector-Ingram, Stretton

I make that 21 players for Rooney to choose from. 24 if the players in italics either recover/don't transfer. 

Add a DM/CB, ST and a quality winger/attacking midfielder and that seems a squad more than capable of staying up. 

14 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I make that 21 players for Rooney to choose from. 24 if the players in italics either recover/don't transfer. 

Add a DM/CB, ST and a quality winger/attacking midfielder and that seems a squad more than capable of staying up. 

Isnt Kornell McDonald a RB?

30 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

14 is the number of players to have started a game for us and assuming the players linked with moves leave amd Bielik is out for the season.

McDonald is a RB and hasn't started yet.

I’ve been a bit worried about this but, to be fair, it isn’t quite as bad as it looks. You’ve got players like Stretton, Hector-Ingram, Watson and McDonald stepping up from the U23’s who look ready, and you’ve got Mitchell-Lawson back as well. The depth isn’t quite as bad as it looks. Obviously if you’re letting Whittaker and Evans go then we’ll be slightly short of a satisfactory squad depth, but as long as we get at least one signing in I think we will at least have the numbers. Whether we’ve got the quality is of course an entirely different question.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve been a bit worried about this but, to be fair, it isn’t quite as bad as it looks. You’ve got players like Stretton, Hector-Ingram, Watson and McDonald stepping up from the U23’s who look ready, and you’ve got Mitchell-Lawson back as well. The depth isn’t quite as bad as it looks. Obviously if you’re letting Whittaker and Evans go then we’ll be slightly short of a satisfactory squad depth, but as long as we get at least one signing in I think we will at least have the numbers. Whether we’ve got the quality is of course an entirely different question.

Those are the players you'd want as 3rd choice in their positions.

11 vs 11 training, old vs young... we have Bird and Knight playing for the oldies now ?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Those are the players you'd want as 3rd choice in their positions.

11 vs 11 training, old vs young... we have Bird and Knight playing for the oldies now ?

Indeed, but they still add to the squad depth. The poor quality of some of the senior players is the bigger concern for me...

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought It was about how many points we need for the play offs...

We are 14 points off the play offs with 60 points to play for, but I'm not suggesting we will make them. I will be happy with mid-table and thats not beyond us.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Do you think any of Stretton, JHI, Watson or McDonald are good enough/ready to start games for Derby?

If we don't bring anyone in and get 2 more injures we are bang in trouble again IMO.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Do you think any of Stretton, JHI, Watson or McDonald are good enough/ready to start games for Derby?

If we don't bring anyone in and get 2 more injures we are bang in trouble again IMO.

Difficult to tell really, not seen enough of any of them. Just saying there are other players.

I agree we need signings in though FWIW, especially at CB and ST. Otherwise, like you say, another injury would ruin us.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:
  • Whittaker
  • Evans
  • Gordon
  • Hutchinson 
  • Te wierik
  • Holmes
  • Marriott
  • Ibe
  • Davies
  • Bielik

thats a lot of players to lose from the squad one way or another.

given the injury to Bielik we should scrap the deal for Evans. And I’d rather we keep Whittaker. Both deals are too cheap.

Plus the ones we lost in the close season. How many players have gone since the final whistle of last season. I was trying to work this out last week. How many out of contract at the end of this season who will also be gone without a new contract. 

20 minutes ago, sage said:

Macdonald in my opinion. Star in the making, even as a winger.

3 hours ago, England Ram said:

For the first time in a long time I actually think the manager will properly sort out the squad from top to bottom.  If he doesn’t think a player has ‘it’ for him then he will be out the door and any player coming in will know they need to bring ‘it’ or they won’t play. 

It is the Rooney Way to the Premiership. It is working well.

Archived