13, well, 14 really.

sage

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sage said:

If Whittaker and Evans are going, we only have 13 fit players who have started a league game for Derby.

I hope the recruitment team are ready and primed.

I count 14 from todays squad not including Bielik, plus Lawrence isnt far off and others have played likes JHI JML Watson Brown & McDonald

Add 3 new players that will be 19 including Lawrence & Ibe, doesnt look as bad then having 19 plus youngsters

19 minutes ago, sage said:

If Whittaker and Evans are going, we only have 13 fit players who have started a league game for Derby.

Barmy stat but you’d hope it will mean we post a much improved P&S result this year which will play a big part in what we can spend for the next couple of years.

Maybe they think they can stay up with the youth this year and look pretty for FFP, then recruit heavier next year. 

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I count 14 from todays squad not including Bielik, plus Lawrence isnt far off and others have played likes JHI JML Watson Brown & McDonald

Add 3 new players that will be 19 including Lawrence & Ibe, doesnt look as bad then having 19 plus youngsters

I forgot Jozwiak. 14.

30 minutes ago, sage said:

Admittedly we are short on numbers, but don't think we're quite down to 13 yet. 

Roos, Byrne, Wisdom, Buchanan, Marshall, Forsyth, Clarke, Sibley, Bird, Knight, Waghorn, JHI, Shinnie, Jozwiak, Lawrence, CKR, 

Also, McDonald & JML have both played before plus we have Ibe to come in at some point although that may not be this season. 

Think that's 16-19 total, still not a lot really though.

• Whittaker
  • Evans
  • Gordon
  • Hutchinson 
  • Te wierik
  • Holmes
  • Marriott
  • Ibe
  • Davies
  • Bielik

thats a lot of players to lose from the squad one way or another.

given the injury to Bielik we should scrap the deal for Evans. And I’d rather we keep Whittaker. Both deals are too cheap.

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:
  • Whittaker
  • Evans
  • Gordon
  • Hutchinson 
  • Te wierik
  • Holmes
  • Marriott
  • Ibe
  • Davies
  • Bielik

given the injury to Bielik we should scrap the deal for Evans. And I’d rather we keep Whittaker. Both deals are too cheap.

Not sure if you should include Ibe in the list seeing as he's never kicked a ball in anger for us or otherwise. Or MTW as he's only played what twice or three times for us. You can't miss something that you never had.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:
  • Whittaker
  • Evans
  • Gordon
  • Hutchinson 
  • Te wierik
  • Holmes
  • Marriott
  • Ibe
  • Davies
  • Bielik

Don't forget Rooney 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure if you should include Ibe in the list seeing as he's never kicked a ball in anger for us or otherwise. Or MTW as he's only played what twice or three times for us. You can't miss something that you never had.

If Duane Holmes wasn’t a good enough trainer then I just can’t see Ibe passing the Rooney test. 

Waggy and Lawrence to go in the summer , when things are clearer ? 

I suppose they are better than noone but just making numbers up as their contribution is little more than the names who have left or who are leaving... proper good clearout eh ? 

With current climate in football so badly effected by Covid these are not normal times.

The transfer market has become depressed with little or no player movement and more reasonable/low fee's and loan predominately being transacted.

This is backdrop ALL clubs are working with finance are tight and if reasonable offer for any clubs player comes in they are having to very seriously look at it.

If you have money (which very club other than the elite have) there are bargains to had.

Most clubs are like are like ourselves taking chances on 'cheap' buys, free transfers and loans in the hope that these players will come off (like CKR).

These are times when a good scouting system, footballing contracts and man management come to the fore.

Hopefully we have got the first covered with staff and second and third with Mr Roooney.

What ever happens this 'maybe' the MOST interest transfer deadline days for a few years.

Just now, bucktwo said:

Waggy and Lawrence to go in the summer , when things are clearer ? 

I suppose they are better than noone but just making numbers up as their contribution is little more than the names who have left or who are leaving... proper good clearout eh ? 

It's definitely the time for Lawrence to start plying his trade elsewhere, his career if that's the correct word has flatlined here and he is just a kind of meh player - have never seen him hit the heights of what he maybe truly is capable of. The Joiners Arms incident just served to show his immaturity.

Waghorn has done OK but if you frame his transfer fee with his performances then we haven't had great value for money out of him - maybe unfair on him as he can't influence that but it's always the point of reference for any player unfortunately.

For the first time in a long time I actually think the manager will properly sort out the squad from top to bottom.  If he doesn’t think a player has ‘it’ for him then he will be out the door and any player coming in will know they need to bring ‘it’ or they won’t play. 

2 minutes ago, England Ram said:

For the first time in a long time I actually think the manager will properly sort out the squad from top to bottom.  If he doesn’t think a player has ‘it’ for him then he will be out the door and any player coming in will know they need to bring ‘it’ or they won’t play. 

The advantage Rooney has with this as opposed to previous managers is that he has the luxury of not having a squad of players tied into obscenely paid long contracts whom have no desire or compunction to be moved on.

Archived