New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe people would turn down Big Sam. The guy has met targets at every single club he has managed. 

Ever since the England job & he rattled the journalists he's been the media's whipping boy (look at how favourably they treat the dour Southgate in comparison).

Big Sam is exactly what this club needs and would drag us out of trouble.

52 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Here we go again with the Big Sam, hoofball clichè

I wonder if some people actually watch football to form their own opinions or base their opinions off what others say on social media

Look at the way Mourinho has been treated over the past few years. His teams play nothing close to hoofball or even boring football.

Media pick a target and destroy them through perception, the sheep on social media follow and just echo everything they say without actually judging for themselves

Luckily for Jose, he has enough charisma that people see through the media agenda he had at Man Utd.

11 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Can't believe people would turn down Big Sam. The guy has met targets at every single club he has managed. 

Ever since the England job & he rattled the journalists he's been the media's whipping boy (look at how favourably they treat the dour Southgate in comparison).

Big Sam is exactly what this club needs and would drag us out of trouble.

TBH some of em on here would turn their noses up at Pep 

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

It’s Rafa innit. He’s shortened accordingly to Stevie Nick. 

Shortened? He's already a diddy little ducker ain't he.....?! ?

I don't place any faith in the odds - Rafa may be top, Terry and Rooney are in and around because they're obvious shouts, but Gregory at 8/1 invalidates the whole thing for me.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Here we go again with the Big Sam, hoofball clichè

I wonder if some people actually watch football to form their own opinions or base their opinions off what others say on social media

My brother and dad are both Everton fans, they absolutely despised everything about his time as their manager

I'd say that the criteria for selecting a new manager should be this (in order of importance):

Get us clear of relegation - I'm not sure the new owner would like to see a £5m a month loss, we could be the new Bury

Quickly get us close to 2 points per game so we look like promotion candidates for next season - attracts sponsorship, fans and prospective players

Shape the squad for a promotion push - quickly asses who fits and where the gaps are

Play attractive football in the medium term - style only matters if we survive and are selling season tickets for next season, but then it becomes a big issue

Have a big reputation - easier to attract the players we need to challenge when in the Premier League, just vanity before that though

35 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd say that the criteria for selecting a new manager should be this (in order of importance):

Get us clear of relegation - I'm not sure the new owner would like to see a £5m a month loss, we could be the new Bury

Quickly get us close to 2 points per game so we look like promotion candidates for next season - attracts sponsorship, fans and prospective players

Shape the squad for a promotion push - quickly asses who fits and where the gaps are

Play attractive football in the medium term - style only matters if we survive and are selling season tickets for next season, but then it becomes a big issue

Have a big reputation - easier to attract the players we need to challenge when in the Premier League, just vanity before that though

That would do me at the moment.  Start the next year on a clean slate.

The worrying thing is another 7 or 8 games like we have been, we'll be looking to get that two point average to get clear.

Archived