Jozwiak and Bielik absence update

Day

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So does everyone. He won’t get there with us, but I’m sure whoever gets promoted might take a chance on him once we’re relegated.

Jesus, lock away the sharp knives. 

We're a good win and a bit of fortune away from the bottom 3. No need to be so morose just yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Jesus, lock away the sharp knives. 

We're a good win and a bit of fortune away from the bottom 3. No need to be so morose just yet.

I wasn’t being entirely serious. We are certainly not dead and buried yet, but the situation is far more dire than some are making out. 1 goal from open play at this stage in the season is unheard of. When you can’t score goals, you can’t hope to win football matches.

9 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Bielik has good experience in league 1, might come in handy after all. I'm getting to the point where I will have to think about what grounds I want to visit next season in league 1 and what pubs to go to. Might counter jinx us, if not I will atleast be prepared. 

It's great fun ... remember being 3 - 0 to Newport  at half time at BBG  December 84 ... Old third division ..we did manage to get a 3 - 3 draw ... What a low ebb that was ?

On 21/11/2020 at 19:54, Millenniumram said:

Agree on Bird today, but that’s harsh on Bielik. He’s absolutely excellent at shielding the defence - he’s a monster both in the air, and in the tackle. His passing is pretty damn good as well. He’s a Polish international and was at Arsenal for a reason, we need to get him fit and get the best out of him.

When has he been excellent at shielding the defence?  - when has he been a monster in the air? And in the tackle? Seriously I haven’t seen it and I can hardly remember any good bits from him. The last good player we had of Arsenal was Charlie George 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

When has he been excellent at shielding the defence?  - when has he been a monster in the air? And in the tackle? Seriously I haven’t seen it and I can hardly remember any good bits from him. The last good player we had of Arsenal was Charlie George 

Don’t think you can judge a player based on previous signings from the same club, Arsenal are a big club regardless of our previous dealings...

We haven’t actually seen a lot of Bielik altogether to be fair, but he definitely did have a good run last season. It was around October time I think, when he and Shinnie were playing as a midfield two. They were unbreakable at times, until Shinnie got injured. They’ve not played together since I don’t think.

Liam explains... 'We spoke to Krystian on Thursday afternoon and said about him not starting the game,” he said.

“We said for his development the fact we have so many games coming, for his conditioning, for his trust in his knee having come back from an awful injury, it was great for him to get 80 minutes yesterday (Friday) afternoon.”

Hmmm.. does that even make sense? Sounds like an awful load of waffle to me from the 'manager'. 

Does he means his performances have been well below par but doesn't want to say it?  

9 hours ago, JG400 said:

So does that mean Bielik will miss Wednesday and Saturday , to Play a under 23 game on Friday (27th) , I guess it does

They said it was better for him to get an U23 game last Friday, rather than sit on the bench vs Bristol and risk not coming on.

He'll be in the squad vs Boro as I don't think we have any midweek U23 games scheduled.

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Liam explains... 'We spoke to Krystian on Thursday afternoon and said about him not starting the game,” he said.

“We said for his development the fact we have so many games coming, for his conditioning, for his trust in his knee having come back from an awful injury, it was great for him to get 80 minutes yesterday (Friday) afternoon.”

Hmmm.. does that even make sense? Sounds like an awful load of waffle to me from the 'manager'. 

Does he means his performances have been well below par but doesn't want to say it?  

It's not really unusual for players to build their fitness up before making the step up to championship football, which is played at a completely different pace.

i would also say you have an increased probability of getting injured coming on as a sub when recovering from a long term injury, you have no time to get into the game and also have the additional risk of you are not fully warmed up. It could have been that after his past few starts, the feedback given they analyse so much these days that his fitness was not up to full speed or even he felt something when the game was finished. I wouldn't read to much into it, but that's just me.

Archived