Jozwiak and Bielik absence update

Day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Bielik is a bit kamikaze and has not proven himself really. Max Bird was great today spotting effective  short passes to our players through crowded space.

Agree on Bird today, but that’s harsh on Bielik. He’s absolutely excellent at shielding the defence - he’s a monster both in the air, and in the tackle. His passing is pretty damn good as well. He’s a Polish international and was at Arsenal for a reason, we need to get him fit and get the best out of him.

Just now, angieram said:

If he is serious about this then he returns to the team and drags us back up the table single-handed. Proves it on the pitch.

He's an interesting player for sure, lots of good qualities. But he makes me nervous with his 'rushes of blood to the head'. He has a penchant for diving in...I'm not sure yet. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's an interesting player for sure, lots of good qualities. But he makes me nervous with his 'rushes of blood to the head'. He has a penchant for diving in...I'm not sure yet. 

Me neither. His football is less controlled than Bird or Rooney. But I can see he adds an extra defensive quality to the midfield that those two don't have, whilst still having a presence going forward, which Shinnie doesn't really have.

In theory, he's THE solution, but will it work in practice?

Archived