Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

Can’t wait to actually have a match tomorrow to distract us all from this. Too many people quick to pull the trigger without taking into account context for the quotes.

Let’s get back to supporting the team and hope we can pick up some much needed points and play some entertaining football on the way.

100% we won't win tomorrow. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe the apprentice was too harsh.

More like MasterChef, Rooney and Rosenior this weekend is semi final, next game will be the other two, with the winners meeting a game later in the final.

Have you watched the interview on RamsTV? Don’t think it’s as bad as what’s been made out, they even shared a joke over dropping Rooney.

It’s a unique situation to be in, but they weren’t fighting over the job, giving each other the evils, Rosenior was seen nodding at times as Rooney was talking.

This has been blown up to be bigger than what it is really.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Because Derby fans have been pushing it on social media, betting and then asking Balague if he’s being appointed.

That isn’t the clubs doing, that’s the fans creating it!

As for Rooney..

Ha! He'd respect us more. And anyway he's an Everton fan. Does anyone else remember when he left Utd for Everton he confessed that he slept in Everton pyjamas?

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I heard it was miles addison and Gary teales fault

I've changed my mind,  its Bobby madeley fault 

Just now, David said:

And not one manager we could appoint would turn Manchester United down if they came calling next summer, they just wouldn’t and that’s something we have to come to terms with.

Unless we’re at the top ourselves, players, staff, managers will easily be lured away to the Premier League and there’s nothing we can do to stop it.

You are of course correct. But that risk increases substanially when you appoint a well known ex-player.

Its highly doubtful Man Utd would come calling for Paul Cook or Steve Cooper, even if we won the Championship with 100 points. The achievement bar is set much lower for ex-club 'legends'...Lampard getting the Chelsea gig after 12 months in which we got to a playoff final for example. And thats the danger with Rooney...a bit of success, he goes & we're still finishing top 10 of this division at best.

There's this current fascination in our club seeking reflected glory but the cold hard facts are we are rock bottom of the division. I'd rather players & managers became 'names' because of what they achieve with us, not because of what they did elsewhere. 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Didn't dean moxey force him though while Robert earnshaw filmed it? Sickening if you ask me 

Robert earnshaw sickens me.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Have you watched the interview on RamsTV? Don’t think it’s as bad as what’s been made out, they even shared a joke over dropping Rooney.

It’s a unique situation to be in, but they weren’t fighting over the job, giving each other the evils, Rosenior was seen nodding at times as Rooney was talking.

This has been blown up to be bigger than what it is really.

Yes I've seen it, and it's weird.

The only parallel I can draw is when Liverpool appointed joint managers, which soon went tits up.

I assume they put both up because one has a chance of playing Saturday while the other is guaranteed to be on the touchline, but it's not a great look either way. 

I can't recall a manager leaving under Mel's tenure without some sort of video message/interview from the owner either. 

Seeing as everyone is reduced to internet meetings at the moment, self isolation isn't an excuse. 

40 minutes ago, David said:

A stat that was doing the rounds on Twitter today which started from a Derby fan. 

Survey 1000 football fans and a large percentage wouldn’t have a clue.

You can be unhappy with the club without labelling us a laughing stock from the outside. I mean there is no mention of anything related to us in the top 30 trends on Twitter today despite Rooney’s press conference. 

Sky Sports tweet full of United fans wishing him luck, calling him a legend, similar scenes when Lampard took over with Chelsea fans.

Absolutely this! As fans it’s easy to forget that, unless you’re in the top 8 in the Premier League, nobody, aside from your local rivals cares or is even remotely interested in your club.

Whenever I’m asked who I support and I say Derby, the majority of time there’s as much of a reaction as if someone told me they supported Barnet, or if they’re around my age maybe they’ll mention Wanchope. Unless they support another Championship team, and even then they don’t have much of a clue. More recently I was asked who plays for Derby that they’ll know, I mentioned Rooney and I got an “oh yeah” in return.

We’re living in the social media age, everybody’s so consumed by their own world they pay little attention to what doesn’t concern them. Our club concerns few people other than us.

Just now, Topram said:

Without the badges could Rooney be the manager? Or would he have to complete the badges first?

He has a badge 'worlds greatest thatch ' does that count ?

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

It amazes me this club, it really does at times.

That felt like a free for all job application today the press conference. I’m done to death the headlines around Derby County.

We are a laughing stock currently from anyone looking from the outside. The only bit of consistency we have had is to make headlines for all the wrong reasons recently.

I’m not fussed about watching them having a bit of a laugh at training, I’m not fussed about whose representing the club in internationals, most of all and sadly, I’m not fussed if we get tonked or win on Saturday.

I think in all my time as an adult being a Derby fan, this is the lowest I’ve felt about the club. I feel a disconnect like never before. 

We are now entrusting the club potentially to new owners we don’t know a jot about, hoping we will come good and it’ll be all alright. 

There is delusions of grandeur in this once decent club, I feel we are at a rock bottom in our history since the 3 Amigos. I just hope we can get our Pride back.

I could say loads more but I don’t want to put the mockers on this forum. Obviously I’m only talking for myself, but that’s how I feel and the direction we are going is only one way currently.

I'm with you fella. Morris has turned Derby County into a circus.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You are of course correct. But that risk increases substanially when you appoint a well known ex-player.

Its highly doubtful Man Utd would come calling for Paul Cook or Steve Cooper, even if we won the Championship with 100 points. The achievement bar is set much lower for ex-club 'legends'...Lampard getting the Chelsea gig after 12 months in which we got to a playoff final for example. And thats the danger with Rooney...a bit of success, he goes & we're still finishing top 10 of this division at best.

There's this current fascination in our club seeking reflected glory but the cold hard facts are we are rock bottom of the division. I'd rather players & managers became 'names' because of what they achieve with us, not because of what they did elsewhere. 

Longest serving manager in the Championship only has 2 full seasons under his belt. Cocu was 6th (I think) longest serving before he left, worrying a manager might leave after 12 months isn’t really worth it. Chances are after 6 months some fans will be calling for whoever it is to be sacked anyway.

If you offered me an entertaining season with a Wembley trip at the end of it, but the manager will leave after, I’d snap your hand off.

Lampard may have left after a season, but he left many memories that will stay with us for a long time.

Archived