Starship and a Human city on Mars

Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

One small step for man...one giant chunk of loot from a bank account, That Velcro tape they use for dishwasher doors was that still taped round the separation module thingy 😉

Not a million miles away.

https://www.velcro.com.au/blog/2019/07/how-are-velcro-brand-fasteners-used-in-space/#:~:text=During the Apollo space program,their noses in outer space!

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Do you really reckon we put a man on the moon all those years ago in the dark ages?

Well, only you can decide what you think. 

50 years after the Wright Brothers first flight, there were people all over the world travelling around on jets. Military aviation, even in the 50s, was amazing. 

Somehow, the moonbase I was expecting didn't happen. Unless, it's there now, but they've just not told us !

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Yes. 

Do you? 

Why would I answer you when without doubt after a few posts you will flounce and complain that you wernt even in the discussion despite clearly instigating the posts between us 😂😂

for the benefit of the other we leftie gaggle that like to circle the wagons ,,,,,,,,,,, it was a joke , a throw away

though I’m sure it will stimulate some debate and banter, kind of the point of a forum🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

12 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Well, only you can decide what you think. 

50 years after the Wright Brothers first flight, there were people all over the world travelling around on jets. Military aviation, even in the 50s, was amazing. 

Somehow, the moonbase I was expecting didn't happen. Unless, it's there now, but they've just not told us !

Been waiting a while for this to happen 

image.thumb.jpeg.a81ce989b4f96b4c68b9615e755b9e27.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why would I answer you when without doubt after a few posts you will flounce and complain that you wernt even in the discussion despite clearly instigating the posts between us 😂😂

for the benefit of the other we leftie gaggle that like to circle the wagons ,,,,,,,,,,, it was a joke , a throw away

though I’m sure it will stimulate some debate and banter, kind of the point of a forum🤷🏻‍♂️

Er, it's the question you asked. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Er, it's the question you asked. 

I choose not to engage with you , after yesterdays silly games why would I ? You choose to start a silly game , get all butt hurt when I play back , flounce , then within a couple of posts deny you were even involved as if I magicked you up rather than replied to your posts 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

I choose not to engage with you , after yesterdays silly games why would I ? You choose to start a silly game , get all butt hurt when I play back , flounce , then within a couple of posts deny you were even involved as if I magicked you up rather than replied to your posts 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yet you continue to engage him.

Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

And yet you continue to engage him.

Bizarre.

Well done , whens the other few sham painers jumping in or do you take it in turns ? You asked if it was a trick question ,,, well no BUT I did know that a certain few would be certain they knew what my view would be and rush in 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

34 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well done , whens the other few sham painers jumping in or do you take it in turns ? You asked if it was a trick question ,,, well no BUT I did know that a certain few would be certain they knew what my view would be and rush in 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are you ok Hun? X

Come on @Carl Sagan get this thread back on track from these lot, bickering like school girls.

I understand todays launch had a slim chance of actually making it to Mars, the commentary said something like anything past the tower was a success.

I don't get the applause though when it blew up like it was a huge success. Would it not have been better to have been able to retrieve the rocket somehow, or are these not being built to land again like the others?

What's the turn around time now to try again with having to build a new rocket, which must be pretty costly to do?

11 hours ago, David said:

I don't get the applause though when it blew up like it was a huge success

That was a proper cognitive dissonance moment. All the people who worked long hours and put their whole lives into this launch whooping like morons when it....exploded in a spectacular failure

I get it, but it did indeed feel deeply weird to witness

Does seem a rather cavalier (and expensive!) method of testing, but maybe Carl can explain the rationale?