What mistakes would you have made?

CBRammette

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

If I'd have then received a delegation from the players, I'd have asked them when they were handing in their transfer request, then suggested to the manager that we get rid of them all.

Would that have been a mistake? We'll never know.

Absolutely!...Plus Roy McFarland and co, To many players hold too much sway in football imo.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Statue of hector!

I know I probably sound like an old goat but I love statues at football grounds. Unity plaza is a nice example but Dixie Dean at Goodison is like a shrine. The Trinity at Old Trafford is wonderful and evocative of an era. My favourite is the Mathews one at Stoke .. it’s a real work of art, physical poetry -  Inspirational 

22 minutes ago, jono said:

I know I probably sound like an old goat but I love statues at football grounds. Unity plaza is a nice example but Dixie Dean at Goodison is like a shrine. The Trinity at Old Trafford is wonderful and evocative of an era. My favourite is the Mathews one at Stoke .. it’s a real work of art, physical poetry -  Inspirational 

old goat is ok. football grounds and railway stations.   a couple of drinks before the game and the old trafford statue reduces grown men to tears.  moore/peters/hurst is worth a visit. Hector deserves one of course but I'd love to see Todd somewhere.    

If MM has just performed a miracle with the sheikh he will deserve one too      

7 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

So did Cloughie after an eight goal draw on Boxing Day half a century ago. 
(or was that last week?)

It may have been last week ,  it's never run smoothly at Derby ..I've heard he,s dropping Les Green for next match   not sure though ?

I'd probably have done something silly like inviting a bunch of fans from an internet forum* to a meet and greet session at Moor Farm, offer them breakfast only to fail to provide them with any sausages. Can you imagine the carnage?

It's a good job Mel Morris is a far wiser man than I.

*tbh at the time it would have probably been Popside, which is where the real mistake probably comes into it!

I think the match-day experience is a problem - it's all just so samey.

I would've made season tickets much cheaper to get a full stadium.

I'd try and so something very different on match days rather than the cliche fireworks and penos - surely we can be more creative than that.

Put some proper entertainment on for the early arrivers to get more people in spending - serve them in their seats too.

More variety and better quality food and drink - it's mostly shocking and hugely expensive.

In other news, I would've punched Pearson in the face. For being Pearson (a thick bully). 

I would have appointed a strong manager and totally given him free reign. Think Sam Allardyce. I’d have reduced prices at the ground and offered OAP transport to and from the ground and if they needed shopping doing on the way home. Big Sam would be chasing players to play ‘his way’ whilst I was tapping up an aged Ronaldinho and signing him on ridiculous wages. Big Sam is furious and walks away, I appoint Ronaldinho in charge of all team affairs and we samba our way all the way to relegation.  Bankruptcy looms so I agree to sell my share to an experienced football club owner who promises to do his best for the club and assures me he is ‘in tune’ with the fans. Welcome Mike Ashley to DCFC. I walk away skint tearfully clutching my ill fitting Derby County Ronaldinho replica shirt and my Sports direct big mug (nice metaphor). Still it was a hell of a 6 months. 

Archived