What mistakes would you have made?

CBRammette

Seeing the thread on Mel's mistakes I think Mel always tried to do what he thought was best and would get us to the promised land as a fan.  So as a little light relief from the gloom if you were in his position what mistakes do you think you would have made?

I for one would have given Igor any role he wanted in the club for however much money he wanted, given Chris Martin a 10 year deal and got rid of those hideous chicken balti pies. 

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Seeing the thread on Mel's mistakes I think Mel always tried to do what he thought was best and would get us to the promised land as a fan.  So as a little light relief from the gloom if you were in his position what mistakes do you think you would have made?

I for one would have given Igor any role he wanted in the club for however much money he wanted, given Chris Martin a 10 year deal and got rid of those hideous chicken balti pies. 

Considered the impact of having a nil value player at the end of his contract and budgeted professionally for that eventuality.  Everything else is hindsight 

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry misread the brief, 😣 

Made Darren Bent captain and moved heaven and earth to put Ince and Lawrence up front with him .

Appointed Paul Ince as manager 

Purchase a job lot of boot insoles then sold Albentosa 

Paid for a mid season team bonding session at a sword swallowing training course ...

21 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Mel seems to have gone as far with us as he can so it may be this lot or disaster

I would have curtailed recruitment

i wouldn’t have paid the fee for Tom ince even though we made a profit.

i wouldn’t generally have signed outfield players over 27 which would have knackered Gary rowetts recruitment plans

therefore I wouldn’t have signed Bradley Johnson, Curtis Davies, Tom huddlestone etc.

I wouldn’t have sacked mac1

I would have kept responsibility for recruitment strategy with the manager

I wouldn’t have allowed Sam rush to issue dodgy payments for scouting.

I wouldn’t have allowed the wage bill to mushroom, and I certainly wouldn’t have sold the stadium.

it might have been a bit boring in comparison. More like GSE probably.

I'd have changed the home shirt to pink right at the start of my tenure, and signed up to them for 10 years, instead of all this swapping and changing every season.

I'd have had a roof over the stadium by now.  OK, I'd have probably gone for thatched, as they're really quite lovely, aren't they?  So very English, does one not think?

I'd have commissioned official half and half scarves for each and every local Derby home game, and laid them out FOC on all the seats before kick off.

The only cars allowed in all/any DCFC official car parks would have to be purchased directly from Ron Brooks Toyota.

I'd have had a rotating pitch, facing different ways for each game, just to see the look on the faces of those who prefer to sit on the half way line.  Oh, how I'd laugh!