Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where is that from? Just seen The Athletic article.

There are a few articles online from the Newcastle takeover times that discuss this. Trust me, the Athletic are just rehashing documents online that are there for all to read.

There was a family feud many years ago, someone got killed, then someone was murdered in retaliation, just your typical family argument, we've all had it. Shiekh Khaleds family were banished from Abu Dhabi and were forced to live in Dubai, using HH infront of his name shouldn't be allowed, he clearly does it to give him more gravitas, but he should be using his excellency.

So anyone expecting Liam Delap from Man City on loan, they probably wont answer the phone to us.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are a few articles online from the Newcastle takeover times that discuss this. Trust me, the Athletic are just rehashing documents online that are there for all to read.

Fair does.

I'm not big business savvy, how do you see the colour of someone's money in a deal like this? Take a cheque? Contactless payment? ?

I don't see what all the fuss is about how wealthy this guy is or not. Any owner who wants to be the owner is far better than one who clearly doesn't want to be any more.

Mel wants out. I've run businesses for dis-engaged owners before and it's never a happy time.

I don't mean this with any malice whatsoever but the sooner he moves on the better, for his sake as much as the Club's.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair does.

I'm not big business savvy, how do you see the colour of someone's money in a deal like this? Take a cheque? Contactless payment? ?

I reckon Mel would haven taken him to Starbucks, ordered 2 coffees, Venti (extra large), 2 cookies and a sandwich to share and when it came to paying Mel hung back....

If Sheikh Khaled offered to pay and whipped out his capital one platinum credit we are golden.

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I don't see what all the fuss is about how wealthy this guy is or not. Any owner who wants to be the owner is far better than one who clearly doesn't want to be any more.

Mel wants out. I've run businesses for dis-engaged owners before and it's never a happy time.

I don't mean this with any malice whatsoever but the sooner he moves on the better, for his sake as much as the Club's.

That makes sense but I'm not worried the new owners might not make us the next Man City. I'm worried they'll make us the next Coventry

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There was a family feud many years ago, someone got killed, then someone was murdered in retaliation, just your typical family argument, we've all had it. Shiekh Khaleds family were banished from Abu Dhabi and were forced to live in Dubai, using HH infront of his name shouldn't be allowed, he clearly does it to give him more gravitas, but he should be using his excellency.

So anyone expecting Liam Delap from Man City on loan, they probably wont answer the phone to us.

That's why we have banned Monopoly on Christmas Day. 

6 hours ago, wollatonram said:

The new article about Khaled on the Athletic raises more flags than calms my nerves.

So no proof of funds at previous takeovers, nobody had even heard of him and the Sheikh Mansour side of the family have completely cut him off.

I am seriously worried about this takeover. Please EFL for the love of god make him prove his wealth!

I said this a couple of weeks ago when it was first reported.  Newcastle fans have warned us he may not be all that he seems

I hope Morris does not drop us in it just because he is desperate to get rid

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Didn’t think Mel would sell to the wrong person but he just wants out he’d sell us to anyone 

Not sure that’s fair, he’s had ample opportunity over the last 12 months or so to sell to just anybody. Whilst I agree we are not fully aware of who and to what extent the takeover will be Mel no doubt will be doing the best he can for the club. He’s a fan and will be watching them over the coming years like us so this will be his legacy in a way. He has made mistakes over his tenure but has always said he would only sell to someone who could move the club forward.

I think it would be naive not to scrutinise, and those in positions where they can give scrutiny should too. 

43 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It is massively important how wealthy they are, if they are skint or are not willing to fund the club then you are looking at a disaster.

People will call me negative about this but my negativity comes from worry. You have to scrutinise these things and I hope the EFL do too, and not just take this as an opportunity to get rid of Mel.

The EFL have approved too many dodgy takeovers in the last few years, so many clubs have owners that don’t put any money into a club & are losing money.

Wigan, Bury, Charlton, Oldham, Morecambe, I am sure there is more. 

Archived