Abu Derby County

tinman

My point in mentioning petrol in the first place was to highlight the dilemma faced in dealing with countries  which are not democracies and have poor human rights records, but on which we rely for substantial imports a proportion of which is petroI. I wasn’t really expecting a response asking which petrol I recommend. Sigh. 

So despite there being some mjingas on this forum I must raise above it and remember that we are all (well apart from Red Dawn) Rams fans and want the best for our club. A club which I have supported since the early 50s, living at the time in Dairyhouse Road within earshot of the BBG. Getting back to the original point, I think that Mel has taken us as far as he can and a fresh owner is required. Again back to the dilemma, do we want success and promotion, or stagnation. I know what I would prefer

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

Just adding some context. Buying petrol without being sure which country it comes from is not the same as having one of that countries ruling families owning the club I love.

What, he’s buying Bubbles too?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What, he’s buying Bubbles too?

God knows.  I think all that matters is there is a happy ending to this story.

6 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Meanwhile back to the football has Mel been showing our potential new owners what we once were and saying it is possible again minus the snow and mud

I think Man Utd will probably climb up to mid table by seasons end.

A bit of faux horror at being owned by an Emirati company going on here, when most seemed happy at being owned by a company from a country that allows citizens to be armed to the teeth, has frequent shootings of its own children in schools, has the death penalty, is hugely racist allowing its police to kill unnecessarily etc. etc.

My own experience of dealing with companies from the ME has always been exceptionally positive. 

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

A bit of faux horror at being owned by an Emirati company going on here, when most seemed happy at being owned by a company from a country that allows citizens to be armed to the teeth, has frequent shootings of its own children in schools, has the death penalty, is hugely racist allowing its police to kill unnecessarily etc. etc.

My own experience of dealing with companies from the ME has always been exceptionally positive. 

There's a difference between being owned by a company from a country and being owned by the country itself.

17 minutes ago, bcnram said:

If everyone acted based on their own actual experience rather than their “google” experience then this thread would be a lot more enlightening.

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If everyone acted based on their own actual experience rather than their “google” experience then this thread would be a lot more enlightening.

Yes but not many Bangladeshi migrant workers or imprisoned democracy campaigners can access this forum. 

Pastor Niemoller taught us that personal experience isn't everything. 

12 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

That's the equivalent of saying my mother smoked 70 years and didn't have any problems, so it must be safe. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes but not many Bangladeshi migrant workers or imprisoned democracy campaigners can access this forum. 

Pastor Niemoller taught us that personal experience isn't everything. 

Personal experience is at least genuine. Pastor Niemoller will have taught you nothing (other than i before e does not always come after c).

Archived