Abu Derby County

tinman

10 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190822005737/en/Bin-Zayed-Groups-global-oil-chain-and-BBOSS-reached-a-strategic-cooperation

Love this line!

Recently, Top investment master in the world, Prince of Abu Dhabi, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bin Zayed Group, His Excellency Sheikh Khaled Bing Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Sovereign Fund, chaired the “Global refueling chain OPC Strategic Cooperation Seminar” in Bangkok, Thailand.

Quite apart from the over-the-top introduction, if he really was "top investment master in the world" and a prince and chairman of the Abu Dhabi Sovereign Fund, would he really be spending his time chairing a "global refuelling chain" seminar?

Reminds me of the titles Calvin and Hobbes used to have in their club. Or Daenerys Targaryen in GoT.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can't get into it curtains... What's it say? 

Well we were called a soap opera of a club .

No revelations just generally talking about Rooney as manager possibly and Aston Villa not being able to unleash funds until in Premier League  , Cocu etc 

Lisa Howard on it as well .

They are still working on the theory/ misconception who knows that we will be very rich trying to stay up this season 

PS Why can’t you listen mate it’s talking EFL in general 

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-y6aem-beca03a?utm_campaign=w_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=w_share

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we dont have an announcement by the end of Friday I'm thinking of setting up a crowd fund to buy our club and take it back to where it belongs.

If we all chip in a quid we should just about cover it.

Wait until the seasons finished. We will get it cheaper. #ITK

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I hope Mel retains the stadium as a safeguard for the future of the club he loves. He can put it in a trust so that Derby can play there in perpetuity and pay nominal rent, but preventing the owners turning it into a supermarket or offices. It would be a great legacy for him to leave the club (as well as the academy).

I think the the council already has a covenant on the stadium and land saying it can only be used as a football stadium. 
Moor farm will never get planning for anything other than a training facility as it’s green belt. Mel has had massive probs with getting anything new built there so do think there will be any issues with either 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I hope Mel retains the stadium as a safeguard for the future of the club he loves. He can put it in a trust so that Derby can play there in perpetuity and pay nominal rent, but preventing the owners turning it into a supermarket or offices. It would be a great legacy for him to leave the club (as well as the academy).

Now I am concerned that this may go pear shaped. No way is Mel going to lose an actual £80 million here.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I think the the council already has a covenant on the stadium and land saying it can only be used as a football stadium. 
Moor farm will never get planning for anything other than a training facility as it’s green belt. Mel has had massive probs with getting anything new built there so do think there will be any issues with either 

Reassuring

Lots of speculation on this deal. We don't know much about the prospective owner, we know know his wealth, we don't know his actual position in the royal family, we don't know his proposal for the club or the investment strategy. We also don't know the details of the deal such as what will happen with the stadium, the purchase price, what will happen with the debt (if there is any), what caveats will be in the deal for the future of the club etc. But I do trust that Mel will do the right thing by the club and therefore the supporters. 

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

We’ll that’s the next crowd funding project sorted, @loweman2can you lot sort this? ?

8 hours ago, David said:

If I had £60m you would never hear from me ever again ?

If I had £80 million I would still post on here but a little less often as the internet connection from Barbados is a little temperamental. I would obviously fly in in for the big games and watch from my box on the half way line, next to the box that the mods use when visiting from less sunny climes. Must get a lottery ticket.

9 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Lots of speculation on this deal. We don't know much about the prospective owner, we know know his wealth, we don't know his actual position in the royal family, we don't know his proposal for the club or the investment strategy. We also don't know the details of the deal such as what will happen with the stadium, the purchase price, what will happen with the debt (if there is any), what caveats will be in the deal for the future of the club etc. But I do trust that Mel will do the right thing by the club and therefore the supporters. 

So fair to say that you are ITK and I claim my £5.

12 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

So what you know Big Bad Bob 

12 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

hard to think he's bought the club but not the stadium. Most likely some tax accountant has expensively wrapped it up in a sale and leaseback with puts and calls and bells and whistles. Don't think we'll be reading the details in the next match day programme.   Transparency is not a feature of the beautiful game ...

Agreed. I’m sure we’ll find out once the sale is confirmed? 

16 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm not so sure on the academy yet.

It's not like Moor Farm was sub standard before, he's only added a few bits to it, admittedly nice additions, which are beneficial the the whole club.

Getting Cat One status seemed like a personal mission of his, if it's worth the £6m a year running cost only time will tell.

We'll find out in 5 years time, seeing as the commonly held belief is academy investment takes 10 years to produce a return. 

We've sold four players upwards since Mel took charge, Hughes, Hendrick, Bogle and Lowe.

Hendrick (older than most when he signed, so not really an academy product) were already first team players when Mel took charge, so no credit there.

Bogle came to us as a transfer past his 16th birthday, so again you couldn't say he was forged in Derby, more a successful recruitment. 

Only Hughes, who was already a first team regular when Mel took over, so nothing to do with the extra investment, and Lowe could claim to be Academy graduates in the truest sense. 

We are seeing Academy players step up now to the first team, but until they either improve us to promotion or are sold for vast amounts that enable us to spend our way to promotion, the juries out on whether the investment is worthwhile, imo.

It's around £4m quid over and above the running cost of a Cat 2 academy, would we still produce these players without the extra investment is a worthwhile question?

Standard for Cat 2 is close to £2m. The likes of Forest and Wednesday will be close to £3m.
Entry level for Cat 1 is about £4m (Leeds), typical for Championship sides would be about £5m. I believe we're at about £6m

Archived