Ref Decisions that go against us

Ellafella

I’m not a believer in conspiracy - the EFL are not organised well enough to run one - but these are now racking up against us this season and making a real difference:

1. “handball” penalty v PNE which struck Buchanan in the face. Cost us the cup place. 

2. Brilliant pass by Bird v HTFC from 30 yards which sliced their defence apart and set Knight clean through given offside. Replays show Knights was FIVE YARDS onside. Result: we don’t take the lead and eventually lose the game 1-0. Conservative estimate it cost us a point. Arguably 3 points. 

3. Winning goal v Dogs: Josy’s neat finish chalked out for offside despite the Dogs’ goal being allowed to stand. Cost: 2 points. 

In our favour:

1. Evans diving handball save v Watford. No penalty given. Outcome: We lost 1-0 so no points “gained”. Lost 1-0 instead of 2-0. 

So, we could/should be 3 points richer but for poor refereeing. The answer is not VAR but better standard of refereeing / assistants. 

This is a good tally to keep hold of this season.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decisions definitely haven’t been going our way so far this season, that’s for sure. Those extra three points would see us quite a bit further up the table. There’s always the old saying that these things even themselves out mind - so hopefully some incorrect calls go our way in the coming weeks and we make up those points. 

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes. Employ 6 blokes to sit looking at NASA style technology and they still totally get it wrong. 

Especially when those 6 people are ones that would be out there making wrong decisions if it wasn't their day-off. That is why so many VAR decisions are so bizarre - they are till being made by referees! 

A bit more tenuous but in my spreadsheet of injustices this season I also have Luton away when Jozwiak was injured and off field of play. Whittaker not allowed to come on as sub despite being ready and break in the play, prior the move that caused winning Luton goal with Derby down to 10 men. We lost game instead of a draw so minus 2 points here.

22 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Especially when those 6 people are ones that would be out there making wrong decisions if it wasn't their day-off. That is why so many VAR decisions are so bizarre - they are till being made by referees! 

The easiest and most effective var would be for the incident to be displayed on the big screen for the red to view and make a decision from it and from different angles if necessary...isn't that what happens in rugby?

Looking at those poor decisions that have gone against us, we could have lost 8 points, realistically, it's more like 6 points.

Does that mean we've only got 6 more points of crap referee decisions to go before the EFL get their 12 point deduction? ?

What a sad thread this is..... I’m glad I’ve tried to come up with reasons on other threads behind decisions etc.

Some on here with views etc of reffing are detrimental to the lads and girls doing games at grassroots..... 

Sad to see for me, take your fan head off guys..... don’t believe everything a pundit, player or manager says about a ref. It does filter down to them on a Sunday morning.

Just think before you post.....

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What a sad thread this is..... I’m glad I’ve tried to come up with reasons on other threads behind decisions etc.

Some on here with views etc of reffing are detrimental to the lads and girls doing games at grassroots..... 

Sad to see for me, take your fan head off guys..... don’t believe everything a pundit, player or manager says about a ref. It does filter down to them on a Sunday morning.

Just think before you post.....

You’re just in the union mate. We all know they’re against us. Geroutofit!

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I’d rather have barb wire fences back at grounds than VAR 

There was never barbed wire as such but the fences made you feel more segregated which led to more bad feeling between the fans. it was like we had to be segregated because we hated each other that much and would attack each other if not fenced in. This actually led to us attacking each other more when outside the stadiums.

I think Ken Bates at Chelsea lobbied for electric fences to deter the peasants at one point.

Archived