Ref Decisions that go against us

Ellafella

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

There was never barbed wire as such but the fences made you feel more segregated which led to more bad feeling between the fans. it was like we had to be segregated because we hated each other that much and would attack each other if not fenced in. This actually led to us attacking each other more when outside the stadiums.

I think Ken Bates at Chelsea lobbied for electric fences to deter the peasants at one point.

I didn’t get that contract. ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What a sad thread this is..... I’m glad I’ve tried to come up with reasons on other threads behind decisions etc.

Some on here with views etc of reffing are detrimental to the lads and girls doing games at grassroots..... 

Sad to see for me, take your fan head off guys..... don’t believe everything a pundit, player or manager says about a ref. It does filter down to them on a Sunday morning.

Just think before you post.....

Great point Mafia and although I have slagged refs off I do understand its an impossible job.

I do believe though that certain refs have agendas based on their personal bias, at all levels. I played Sunday football for over 20 years and consistently endured referees who were blatantly biased toward certain teams. I suppose its human nature if lads you've grown up with and live near you put pressure on you on 50/50 calls. 

In the professional game you expect higher standards. The Bobby Madley incident with Chris Martin at Burnley was, in my opinion, a case of one referee who had decided that he was going to punish Martin before the game started. Madley cheated that day. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, and he should have been struck off and never allowed to officiate again.

The Atwell incident v the gumps was slightly different. In my opinion, the occasion was too much for an inexperienced ref and he went into meltdown. Giving a penalty after a perfectly good goal had been scored was an unreal decision but I'd put that down to incompetence and inexperience rather than bias.

I agree that we should not do anything to compromise the safety of Sunday league refs, there should be zero tolerance against any violence to them, but at the same time we should be able to complain about professional referees who can't do their jobs correctly.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Great point Mafia and although I have slagged refs off I do understand its an impossible job.

I do believe though that certain refs have agendas based on their personal bias, at all levels. I played Sunday football for over 20 years and consistently endured referees who were blatantly biased toward certain teams. I suppose its human nature if lads you've grown up with and live near you put pressure on you on 50/50 calls. 

In the professional game you expect higher standards. The Bobby Madley incident with Chris Martin at Burnley was, in my opinion, a case of one referee who had decided that he was going to punish Martin before the game started. Madley cheated that day. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, and he should have been struck off and never allowed to officiate again.

The Atwell incident v the gumps was slightly different. In my opinion, the occasion was too much for an inexperienced ref and he went into meltdown. Giving a penalty after a perfectly good goal had been scored was an unreal decision but I'd put that down to incompetence and inexperience rather than bias.

I agree that we should not do anything to compromise the safety of Sunday league refs, there should be zero tolerance against any violence to them, but at the same time we should be able to complain about professional referees who can't do their jobs correctly.

I don’t think it’s wrong of a referee to do their homework before a game. Martin always has gone down easily (I’m sure his wife is happy). 

On that day he was fouled but the ref made a decision and Madley got it wrong. I’ve actually seen him apologise for that since. Nothing can change it but at least apologising is being a bigger person.

14 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

How many times do we have to say the EFL don’t have any authority over referees and that there’s no conspiracy, referees are just poo. 

???

Do “some” match officials not want to piss off there employers the PGMOB by giving Derby 50/50 decisions. Why would it piss off Professional Game Match Officials Limited? because they get a good chunk of there dollar from the EFL who have maybe had it in for us since Mel took them on in 2017 regarding the TV deal amongst other things?

Think it was Mark Halsey who said the PGMOB asked him to lie in match reports, I guess there is the possibility of corruption in all walks of life maybe even match officials? 

There is no agenda, its just the refs are all rubbish. 

It probably doesn't help having VAR in the prem. More match officials needed on match day. It just waters down the quality (if there was any quality to begin with) it just seems people less & less qualified are making decisions. 

You'd think the 'best league in the world' would go out & employ the best refs from around the world. Then the alright prem ones get filtered down to our league. Improve referring throughout the divisions 

Archived