Chris Martin to Bristol City: Has he scored a league goal yet?

i-Ram

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Another weekend, another 90 minutes without a goal. 

0 Championship goals in his 10 games (including ours against Birmingham). 1 goal in his last 14 games, 2 in his last 18 Championship games.

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Service hasn't been there for him.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps if the Martin fan club moved the goalposts, it will show he has scored more than Waghorn.

Not saying he’s scored more. Just don’t think that Waghorn scoring 2 freekicks means he’s a better player. We’ve scored one goal that wasn’t from a freekick situation. We have serious problems. 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Very good Mucker, but can you tweak it for me. I would like it to cover league goals (I think the goal you are referring to came against a second string Division 2 side in the Dont Carabout Cup). His last league goal was 20 July against the Dirties.

It does indeed.

As it confirms underneath the timing  "... and that was only in The League Cup, against poxy Northampton!"  ?

@David asked for the last goal... and besides, going back for his last league goal made my extensive research so much more difficult, as it involved a different season and a different club!  I'm not a bloody historian, y'know!   ?

13 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Not saying he’s scored more. Just don’t think that Waghorn scoring 2 freekicks means he’s a better player. We’ve scored one goal that wasn’t from a freekick situation. We have serious problems. 

You could argue Martin is failing to score in a team that are creating and scoring from open play?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

It does indeed.

As it confirms underneath the timing  "... and that was only in The League Cup, against poxy Northampton!"  ?

@David asked for the last goal... and besides, going back for his last league goal made my extensive research so much more difficult, as it involved a different season and a different club!  I'm not a bloody historian, y'know!   ?

Meant League....I mean that’s what the topic title says which has never changed since creation ?

4 hours ago, Archied said:

You could argue Martin is failing to score in a team that are creating and scoring from open play?

His open play.

I watched them against Norwich and he was the stand-out forward.

He still takes up odd positions in the box though which rather restricts his goal scoring opportunities.

3 hours ago, David said:

Meant League....I mean that’s what the topic title says which has never changed since creation ?

So it does!  I can be a right dork at times!

Leave it with me boss... I'm on it boss... Apologies boss... trust me boss... I won't mess up this time, boss...

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

All I know is that this thread is tremendous fun  

Must admit it's my guilty pleasure. Would like to think every fan on here would shake his hand and thank him for his time at the club if they bumped into him down the pub, but the reaction to his departure, comparisons with Waghorn and lack of service claims does put a little smile on my face as we sit here and count the days since he last scored.

Whilst all players do have one topic in this board (I'm still breaking down the ex rams topic) I did leave a Chris Martin Fan Club to be respectful to those that are still and mourning. Would like to think that members could also be respectful and use this topic for the more light hearted following of his career and the other for the more emotional content. ? 

Archived