Chris Martin to Bristol City: Has he scored a league goal yet?

i-Ram

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Bristol signed him to be a goalscorer, more to be the conduit between the midfield and the striker that they hope will score goals. He's got a few assists already and seems to be doing ok. 

I know there are many who wanted Martin to stick around, and in hindsight we would've made it happen, but he wouldn't have scored more goals here than he has done for Bristol. I would, however, argue that the players around him here would've benefited much more than the options we've had so far this season. 

Waghorn is a better option IMO when both are fit. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I doubt Bristol signed him to be a goalscorer, more to be the conduit between the midfield and the striker that they hope will score goals. He's got a few assists already and seems to be doing ok. 

Bristol are the new Burnley. The only reason they sign players is because they used to play for us - 4 of their top 6 highest scorers this season have played for us in some capacity. Doesn't matter how good they are.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he could learn to stay onside then. ?

He was. 
Not his fault the officials make shocking calls. 
We didn’t score more because of 2 men, not one of those is Waghorn despite, but feel free to continue your one man crusade against our number 9 ?

7 minutes ago, David said:

He was. 
Not his fault the officials make shocking calls. 

We didn’t score more because of 2 men, not one of those is Waghorn despite, but feel free to continue your one man crusade against our number 9 ?

He was deemed to be in an offside position. If he'd stayed away from going in front of the keeper - he was ball watching - then the ref would have had no decision to make. The crusade is all yours. Waghorn is currently our best striker.

Archived