Chris Martin to Bristol City: Has he scored a league goal yet?

i-Ram

9 hours ago, Zag zig said:

That and everyone needs to realise Chris Martin was emotionally traumatised playing against his beloved Rams, it totally threw his game, I mean he had no heart to hit the deck when challenged or the slightest nudge, the poor bloke just wasn’t himself.

He was constantly getting flashbacks of Bryso bombing on past him and Will, Jeff, Johnny and Jamie feeding him balls to feet, it all got too much. No way could he put in a shift in with such conflicting emotions.

Chrissy Martin, love or hate him, Derby’s no 9 and whatever his current form, right up there in the scoring charts, the haters can’t ever take that away.

Agreed once a ram always a ram.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, David said:

Not in the team today. 

Perhaps he is stuck in the the toilet again. Bristol didn’t score in their last game. No one would keep a goalscorer like Chrissy on the bench unless there was something wrong with him.

Kid Fail GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, rynny said:

Do you genuinely believe that if Waghorn was on a free and Martin was still here they would have still gone for Martin?

Yes. 

Waghorn can't trap a bag of cement, can't play up front on his own, can't head a ball, etc, etc. I imagine they'll be up for a swap come January. ?

Please let’s not wander off topic. Do we think Martin will score in December, assuming he can get back into the team?  On the bench the last 2 games, it looks increasingly like Bristol have bought the “Reading & Hull Martin” dud.

That's the point. They didn't "buy" him.

I so look forward to my retirement soon when I haave the time to anaylse individuals more, rather than concentrate on the game itself.

If you've a Rams TV subscription, and time on your hands, just watch him via archive, if it goes back far enough. You need to watch the Full 90 rather than sections, and watch him.  He ain't perfect, far from it, but he is leagues better than what we have now.  Top class for the season we needed to survive, post promotion in 2014 and still now.

If only Johnny Russell hadn't been tripped at Wembley.....   (He'd have missed anyway, but that's not the point).

Archived