At least it’s a positive result for a change

Mafiabob

15 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Losing a 1st team player is great news? Ok. 

2 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I hope this is sarcasm?

I read it as ‘“great news” he has had a negative result. ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I agree that he hasn't been playing in his best position but surely with the most likely replacement being CKR an equally old lump with 10% of the quality of rooney has to mean we are worse off

Doubt he’s fit enough to start, so probably be JHI. 

However if it is him, he at least offers something aerially that Rooney doesn’t. Will definitely put himself about more. 

We need to accept that Rooney has been atrocious in whatever position he’s played since the season resumption last season. He was phenomenal prior but has been our worst player comfortably since. 

30 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I think it can sometimes take a few days to become evident (so wouldn't necessarily show in the first test after he met the dhead). Friend of my son came into contact with someone who was infected; she was tested and negative but developed mild symptoms several days later and then got a positive test....

Yeah I guess, still 14 days feels a little excessive. Surely a second test a few days later would suffice so it only ends up being a week off.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Where do we send his £160k wages bill to? He should still be paid as this was through no fault of his own but for a clear breach of Covid Rules, does the club sue Josh Bardsley? 

I think that sometimes this sort of thing will be inevtible, but as with anything if there has been clear negligence (which there has) then yes the club should sue the party at fault.

They wont though.

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I think that sometimes this sort of thing will be inevtible, but as with anything if there has been clear negligence (which there has) then yes the club should sue the party at fault.

They wont though.

The whole squad should get some fancy new watches. Mel will put them on ebay and we will get enough money to buy Martin back in January! ? 

42 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

They wont though.

Agree they won't - and the said individual at fault probably doesn't have 160k which makes it irrelevant as well.

End of the day - Derby are out of pocket full some other fool's actions. At the very worst, Rooney should (but I imagine won't) make a police complaint about an individual breaking the law.

Don't see that Rooney can avoid some responsibility himself. Are footballers not under

some agreement to keep themselves free of covid for the sake of fellow players? Since

he couldn't know all about any of his  friends circumstances and the facts of asymptomatic transmission

then some restriction of his social contacts would be expected.

Still it gives the blind-faithers another 3 matches with excuses.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Doubt he’s fit enough to start, so probably be JHI. 

However if it is him, he at least offers something aerially that Rooney doesn’t. Will definitely put himself about more. 

We need to accept that Rooney has been atrocious in whatever position he’s played since the season resumption last season. He was phenomenal prior but has been our worst player comfortably since. 

I have to disagree on him being our worst player. I agree he looked out of it the tail end of last season and the first couple games of this season but he has looked good the last 3 games and without him we would be on 0 points this season. 

8 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I have to disagree on him being our worst player. I agree he looked out of it the tail end of last season and the first couple games of this season but he has looked good the last 3 games and without him we would be on 0 points this season. 

Wouldn't we be on one point?

53 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I’d argue we would have played a lot better without him in the team, and therefore may have the same, if not more, points. Pretty hard to defend for 90 mins without a willing outlet. 

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Don't see that Rooney can avoid some responsibility himself. Are footballers not under

some agreement to keep themselves free of covid for the sake of fellow players? Since

he couldn't know all about any of his  friends circumstances and the facts of asymptomatic transmission

then some restriction of his social contacts would be expected.

Still it gives the blind-faithers another 3 matches with excuses.

Is where Rooney lives in Tier 2 where they shouldn’t meet anyone outside their family indoors?

Cheshire East

Tier 2 (high alert) category for England. 

You must not meet people you don't live with in any indoor setting - whether at home or, for example, a pub or restaurant - unless they are part of your support or childcare bubble.

6 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is where Rooney lives in Tier 2 where they shouldn’t meet anyone outside there family indoors?

Cheshire East

You must not meet people you don't live with in any indoor setting - whether at home or, for example, a pub or restaurant - unless they are part of your support or childcare bubble.

the tier might be important but its care needed to prevent spread to the team that I was referring to.

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is where Rooney lives in Tier 2 where they shouldn’t meet anyone outside their family indoors?

Cheshire East

good point,  I think hes in knutsford which is tier 2. Maybe he didn't meet him indoors.

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I think it can sometimes take a few days to become evident (so wouldn't necessarily show in the first test after he met the dhead). Friend of my son came into contact with someone who was infected; she was tested and negative but developed mild symptoms several days later and then got a positive test....

Unfortunately -ve swab tests aren't the most reliable, it relies on the technique of the person conducting the test on the patient, and the viral load of the patient at the time.

The DHSC are conducting analysis on testers and types of testing kits and locations to determine best practice.

Archived